You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite "junk food"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 1:43pm
Snack Box and Curry sauce most of the time.

Chips, Battered Sausage, proper Onion Rings (real onions not the goo), and curry sauce after a night out.

Smoked Cod and Chips if in Dublin, as very hard to get decent smoked chipper fish in Cork
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 2:26pm
pissed - burger king or a kebab. pity we dont have any proper late night curry houses. cant to chipper or pizza after a feed of drink. 

hungover - only discovered spice bags. immense stuff and my new go to. bao tan bag in the local has all manner of salty deliciousness and chips for 850. need a good 2 litres of coke and water with it. Gone off chippers of late. Not really junk but if i have energy nip on bus into town to Crackbird for chicken and a few settling beers. cant beat a jambon and lucozade for breakfast

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 2:41pm
Jesus how could I forget a Zaytoon Kebab, although it's not junk food, but more the food of the gods
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Would get a spice bag (salt and chilli fried shredded chicken and salt and chips) with a curry sauce from a Chinese takeaway once a week without fail for the last while, ordering around or driving to different places trying to find the best one 😊.

Have you tried the one from Sunflower in Orwell Shopping Centre? It's been the cause of me putting on about two stone ha.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Would get a spice bag (salt and chilli fried shredded chicken and salt and chips) with a curry sauce from a Chinese takeaway once a week without fail for the last while, ordering around or driving to different places trying to find the best one 😊.

Have you tried the one from Sunflower in Orwell Shopping Centre? It's been the cause of me putting on about two stone ha.

Yeah its probably the nicest one that will deliver to my house. The issue with it is me missus orders chicken curry and she doesn't like it from there.

The nicest one I've had is a place called yummy yummy in clondalkin. But they dont deliver my way so a bit of an effort to get it.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 11:46pm
when pissed

Doner Kebab or Mixed Kebab and Chipper Chips

when sober

Chicken Balls and Chips and Fried Rice or Special Chow Mein
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 11:52pm
The Joys of living in the stiks

never heard of a spice bag
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 12:45am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

smiley19.gif" align="middle" />

You haven't lived my friend. Probably my fav meal
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 12:51am
Quarter Pounder with Curry Chips.

Anyone who has been to Australia notice there's f**k all chippers over there. If anyone sets up business they'd make a killing
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Anyone who has been to Australia notice there's f**k all chippers over there. If anyone sets up business they'd make a killing
There's an Irish chipper in Bondi Junction now.

There's a savage chipper (not really a chipper as we know it, more a seafood cafe, but they do takeaway fish and chips) at the north end of Bondi beach. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:01am
Is there Irish pubs close by though? Do they show Liverpool games?
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:02am
I was there in 08 and didn't come across one chipper from Melbourne to Brisbane. Great to see them starting to open
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:07am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yes mate, it's opposite the Cock and Bull. 

You'd love the Cock and Bull. LOL

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:14am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yes mate, it's opposite the Cock and Bull. 

You'd love the Cock and Bull. LOL

I have heard of it. One particular genius seemed to spend 6 months inside it. He came back to tell me all the local lads he met 'tis a small world' and added that he drank it the entire trip but the Guinness was terrible
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:24am
Just stand back and wait for the fights on a Sunday. And they will come.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 3:37am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

What is this spice bag we speak of?? Sounds interesting.

I have taken to eating a large pizza after feeds of drink these days. Full meat feast, have no idea what half the meats on it are but it goes down well Thumbs Up
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 3:49am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Just stand back and wait for the fights on a Sunday. And they will come.

Mayweather v pacquio will be the undercard in the bull this weekend. The chipper is proper like home and sorts me out when hungover either a batter burger and chips with curry sauce or snackbox and curry sauce. Too bad cant get a fecent chinease over here, that pagewood place aint as good as they say it is
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Closest thing to an Irish-Italian chipper (a chipper isnt a chipper unless Italians own it) I found over there was in Darwn called The Barra Bar.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic