You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Club's Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

9 out of 10 for Waterford. We were tipped to win the league with the resources we had and did it with 2 games to spare. It was great to see the crowds back at the RSC with people who had given up coming back and lots of children getting into the Blues for the first time. Next season will be interesting in the Premier division and fans are already excited with lots of interest in season tickets and next season's squad.

I just hope for Waterfords sake that the return isn't a flop. I've seen comments suggesting a top 3/4 finish. That would require a complete squad overhaul. Maybe that will happen. But consolidation needs to be the target and fans need to understand that too.
Sponsored Links

ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 10:02pm
Painful. Staring in a snuff movie would have been more fun.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:04am
Awful season for the drogs.

Started off with so much optimism, kept majority of decent young lads who got us promoted, brought in a couple of experienced players and genuinely thought we'd the right mix.

Started well, got points on board and played decent ball. But went t!ts up then. Killian looked frustrated after getting that injury and things went pear shaped then.

Fall outs with management (gill) and appeared to be a bit of infighting among a couple of the players.

As said above, we'd a management team of 3. Never saw what kind Kinsella did for us, gill has been a disaster.

We had a couple of patches where we played well (e.g. club killers and junkies at home), but our lack of a goal scorer all season never gave us a chance.

We'd have done no worse keeping our whole squad from first division working with 1 manager (Mahon).

Attendances were worst I've seen in nearly 30 years in united park for a premier division season. Home to rovers was a particular low point. Taking out away crowds, only a few hundred home fans on average.

In saying all that, the fact we were in the premier division at all was a miracle. Mahon did an unreal job to get us up there. I'm probably in a minority of drogs but I'd like to see Mahon stay on and try perform another miracle. But would prefer he did it without gill!

Will be amazed we go up no matter whose in charge though, can see attendances plummet even further too. Tough times ahead for the drogs

Edited by Wheelo - 18 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic