Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your choice of new manager?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Or maybe it's because your bitter and have a chip on your shoulder about him. Roy not world class according to yourself

Find the quote where I said Roy Keane wasn't world class.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:28pm
Chris Hughton

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 10 Jul 2015 at 3:28pm
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Or maybe it's because your bitter and have a chip on your shoulder about him. Roy not world class according to yourself

Right there mate!! Tongue
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:30pm
Evil SmileEvil SmileEvil Smile
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Evil SmileEvil SmileEvil Smile

Chris Hughton
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:32pm
you guys...
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:33pm

Roy Keane had average ability. He couldn't pass anything other than a simple ball, he wasn't particularly gifted at shooting or free kicks. I am not being a hater because that is true. He had the best concentration, positional sense and engine of any midfielder in England at the time. He had huge determination and willpower to perform every game. Thats what stood him out above the rest. Not talent. He made very few errors in a game if any and just did the simple stuff extremely well and was consistent and reliable. He was a no nonsense player but to say he was supremely gifted is wrong.

You also classifeid him as a journeyman
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ruel Fox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruel Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:35pm
I would like to see Keane finish out the campaign and think he will!. If its to be someone new, I would like to see as a realistic target someone like Roberto Di Matteo, young manager with fresh ideas but also has a good bit of experience. 

Trap Junior your having a nightmare today!. Go have a cup of tea and take a break your posts and grudges are laughable!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:42pm

Roy Keane had average ability. He couldn't pass anything other than a simple ball, he wasn't particularly gifted at shooting or free kicks. I am not being a hater because that is true. He had the best concentration, positional sense and engine of any midfielder in England at the time. He had huge determination and willpower to perform every game. Thats what stood him out above the rest. Not talent. He made very few errors in a game if any and just did the simple stuff extremely well and was consistent and reliable. He was a no nonsense player but to say he was supremely gifted is wrong.

You also classifeid him as a journeyman

Dear oh dear.  Maybe you dont understand what I wrote there but let me explain.  Roy Keane had average (journeyman) talent/ability but his overall package made him a brilliant player. ''Stood him out above the rest'' Does that quote actually tell you something there? I dunno if you ever played sport (any sport) but talent is only portion of the pie of being a top sportsman. There are ultra talented kids that never made it while other less talented kids made it because of other attributes.

So let me clarify this so you can understand it better.  Roy Keane was one of the best midfielders in the world. I never once. NOT ONCE said he wasn't. What I said is he wasn't naturally gifted in the way others were and that his other attributes elevated him into exulted status as a player.

But feel free to say 'I'm bitter and hate Keane' as its easier to type that out than an actual considered response.

I never said he was a journeyman playerSleepy

Edited by Trap junior - 10 Jul 2015 at 3:47pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:45pm
Shades of slur Alex there, you could get a job as a human jcb LOL. Talk about trying to cover all the bases 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:47pm
So he's average ability/journeyman according to yourself yet your still trying to claim you never said he wasn't World class
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:50pm
Chris Hughton - he appears to be an intelligent man and highly respected within the game.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:51pm

So he's average ability/journeyman according to yourself yet your still trying to claim you never said he wasn't World class

Oh my God. Are you actually trying to be dumb?   If you don't read my replies I'm not going to bother replying.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:52pm
I haven't seen his name mentioned but what about Chris Hughton?
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:52pm
Realistically Hughton or McCarthy are the only options if MON goes
Not sure if Mick would take this at this stage either

has Dave O'Leary been mentioned yet

Edited by erimus - 10 Jul 2015 at 3:54pm
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I haven't seen his name mentioned but what about Chris Hughton?
Chris Hughton is a great call PM Clap
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:57pm
Noel king
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:57pm

The Roy Keane zombies out in force today
He'll be sueing Paddy Power again.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic