Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Young Talent Emerging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:45pm
Just checked the mod log. Rolo was on duty at the time.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The Mod Log Hanging Mods out to dry for years
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:50pm
I don't know what's worse, the opening post or the face that someone genuinely answered the f**king thing LOL
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The Mod Log Hanging Mods out to dry for years

The Mod Log LOLClap

Guilty when it comes to replying to it though.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:13pm

I'd say your fond of a mod log LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Scout View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:46pm
There doesn't seem to be a progressive thinker among you. All I can say is that I follow academy football and am excited when I see good Irish talent. I watched this kid all last season and he is a natural goalscorer. It is certainly worth a punt considering we have 'not' got any decent goalscorer in the team. I am entitled to my opinion and views on this forum. That's what these forums are supposed to be about. Robbie Keane showed his natural ability at a young age and got put into the senior squads. The rest is history.
Ben Woodburn is nowhere near being a regular for Liverpool, yet the Welsh have him in the squad. They did the same with Harry Wilson.
If someone can give an alternative right at this moment, maybe you should debate that rather than posting a load of tripe based on the arrogant assumption that you know better.
The Scout View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:58pm
I read that he pulled out for 'personal reasons' so I cannot comment on that not knowing all the facts. What I do know, is that he seemed to be playing as a winger, while players not half as talented played as the main striker. Anyone with half a brain knows you play your best players in their best positions. He had just been banging in goals for fun for Liverpool at the time. I think I would be correct in saying he scored the goal that qualified Ireland for the U17 euros. 'If' he did pull out for the reasons you stated above (even though you have no evidence of this) I would commend him for having the balls to stand up for himself. Shows are strength of character. The U17 team got humiliated at the Euros (hammered 7-0 by Germany), due to, in my opinion, some awful decisions by the coaching staff. It might serve you well to have a look at some of the backwards thinking that is going on at International youth level, before you make unfounded statements.  
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'd say your fond of a mod log LOL

Mod Log

Image result for we are the mods gif
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:47pm
I will say one thing this kid does look a little bit special . Anyone want to see his finish yesterday against Qatar u19 go on to Twitter and jake Joe profile . His finish is world class .
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:18pm
Dont know much about him but i remember Jim Beglin in the Irish team ever before he played first team at Liverpool
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:16pm
Richie Dunne called up for the Romania game in Bucharest by Mick in similar circumstances.  Went on to become Irish legend.

Terry Dixon also called up by Staunton, but unfortunately career marred by injury.  

More recently, O'Dowda was included many times despite not having appeared beyond League 1 at the time. 

I tend to agree with the poster - we should have room in our squad for one or two players with potential.  Glen Macauley may well be that player, or the likes of a Ronan Hale who is another absurdly prolific scorer at a similar level. 

Ahead of them, I'd be keen to see Rice, Cullen and Liam Kelly included. 

I also agree that Wales have done this far better than us, as have the likes of the USA, and that we've consistently suffered as a result.  

On another note: can we stop the idiotic comments about banning the poster?  He's made a whole load of very valid points.  And whilst it may not accord with the Thinkspeak on here - from lads who seem to know very little about football - there is no reason to have this guy or anyone else banned, unless they are abusing the forum.  Save the bans for the trolls on here who add nothing but spew mindless abuse -- of which, unfortunately, there are a few.    

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:24pm
Only on the bench for the 19s in Europe today. Rubbish post definitely agree that a lot of this rubbish shouldn't get through the net.

Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:34pm
"The net"?   Is that to ensure that posts only contain views that accord with your own?

A forum is supposed to be about a diversity of views.  If it's just stuff you agree with, it wouldn't make very interesting (or enlightning) reading.  

Not a fan of dumb censorship on this or other forums.  Thumbs Down

As regards the poster's point: I don't know a huge amount about Macauley, but if the poster follows Academy football closely and is willing to offer his views - some of us are happy to get the chance to hear them.  

And the censors like yourself can make the simple choice not to read them.  Easy. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:43pm
I look forward to revisiting this thread if/when he gets released by Liverpool next summer !
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:52pm
Nonsense comment.  Plenty of current Irish internationals with bags of caps were released by Utd's Academy.

Being released from the Academy of a CL Club doesn't mean you won't cut it in football. 

shanemuc View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanemuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:08pm

Can someone explain the abuse this poster has received  over this topic ? The absolute snobbish carry on of some people on here is truly pathetic, bitter and down right hostile. Best fans in the world yea

Oh somebody report him to the "mods" really get a life. The poster is right we need to search out and at least invite these young talented players to be around rather than a Paul Mc Shane, Paul Green or a jet lagged has been in Kevin Doyle. There is always the potential to unearth a gem. Real didely Irish backward thinking people seriously.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by shanemuc shanemuc wrote:

Can someone explain the abuse this poster has received  over this topic ? The absolute snobbish carry on of some people on here is truly pathetic, bitter and down right hostile. Best fans in the world yea

Oh somebody report him to the "mods" really get a life. The poster is right we need to search out and at least invite these young talented players to be around rather than a Paul Mc Shane, Paul Green or a jet lagged has been in Kevin Doyle. There is always the potential to unearth a gem. Real didely Irish backward thinking people seriously.

You realize that these threads appear on YBIG numerous times a year thus leaving the regular posters a bit bemused as to why the same old points keep getting brought up?

We also have a hot prospect thread that has been hit nearly a 1,000 odd posts which caters for all the points made by the OP. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by shanemuc shanemuc wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">

<p style="margin: 5pt 0.75pt;"><span lang="EN" style="color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-ansi-: EN;">Can someone explain the abuse this poster has
received <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>over this topic ? The absolute
snobbish carry on of some people on here is truly pathetic, bitter and down
right hostile. Best fans in the world yea <o:p></o:p></span>

<p style="margin: 5pt 0.75pt;"><span lang="EN" style="color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-ansi-: EN;">Oh somebody report him to the
"mods" really get a life. The poster is right we need to search out
and at least invite these young talented players to be around rather than a
Paul Mc Shane, Paul Green or a jet lagged has been in Kevin Doyle. There
is always the potential to unearth a gem. Real didely Irish backward thinking
people seriously.<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><o:p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </o:p>

You realize that these threads appear on YBIG numerous times a year thus leaving the regular posters a bit bemused as to why the same old points keep getting brought up?

We also have a hot prospect thread that has been hit nearly a 1,000 odd posts which caters for all the points made by the OP. 
Exactly
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic