You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Young Talent Emerging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm

He gets his debut
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:42pm
He's tiny...reminds me of the Wallace brothers who played for them
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:43pm
Pellegrino is 6'4 tbf, so he just looks tiny beside him. I'd say he's actually around 5'10
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:45pm
Misses a sitter
We're decent enough..
d-mac View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:45pm
Great chance to score
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:45pm
Fairly fluffed that chance
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Pellegrino is 6'4 tbf, so he just looks tiny beside him. I'd say he's actually around 5'10

Nah he's definitely very small....either that or just very far away
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:46pm
A direct replacement for Long going by that chance

Edited by valo88 - 21 Jan 2018 at 5:47pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:53pm
He’s finished
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
Legs have gone
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:06pm
Obafemi deserves his own thread now.
The only way is up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:57pm
We actually have a lot of Irish-Nigerian attacking talent coming through. These's Obafemi, Afolabi, Ayoola, Akinade, Ogbene, (Idah?). The weird thing is that none of them have ever been involved at U-21 level for us. We may want to rectify that, because Nigeria are extremely proactive in handing out call-ups to dual-eligibility players...
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

We actually have a lot of Irish-Nigerian attacking talent coming through. These's Obafemi, Afolabi, Ayoola, Akinade, Ogbene, (Idah?). The weird thing is that none of them have ever been involved at U-21 level for us. We may want to rectify that, because Nigeria are extremely proactive in handing out call-ups to dual-eligibility players...

Anybody who thinks we’re a bit keen to identify eligible players haven’t see anything like the Nigeria fans. They’re straight on any Nigerian names. Already making noises about Obafemi and Afolabi. Obviously Obafemi’s debut today didn’t go unnoticed:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/21/nigeria-brace-up-to-battle-ireland-for-southampton-wonderboy-obafemi-following-his-epl-debut-against-spurs/
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:43pm
If it turns out to be the case that we are having a training camp in Turkey prior to the friendly there then I think O'Neill should be looking to identify some young talent (suck as Obafemi) and being them along for the experience. Other nations do this, why shouldn't we.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If it turns out to be the case that we are having a training camp in Turkey prior to the friendly there then I think O'Neill should be looking to identify some young talent (suck as Obafemi) and being them along for the experience. Other nations do this, why shouldn't we.
obviously should, fai should be laying down the law to o'neill.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:40am
Its interesting how many fall off the radar after playing in the premier league at such a young age

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:28am
Yeah, I can think of Doran, Forde, Toner, Grego-Cox, and Harriman in recent years off the top of my head. Even looking down at the Championship there's been the likes of Sean Kavanagh, Manning, Shodipo, and Field who had promising starts before going backwards. It's great to see young guys get game time, but it really only is the first step in a long road. The toughest part is retaining your place over a prolonged period of time.

Edited by The O'Shea - 23 Jan 2018 at 10:29am
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:05pm
Wrote this over the weekend, the other 17 year old Irish players to appear in the Premier League: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog?id=346325027510952182

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic