You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Young Talent Emerging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young Talent Emerging
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:30am
Listening to the 'expert' pundits talking about no emerging talent coming through leaves me scratching my head. They obviously do not do their homework and the system to monitor good talent at top clubs isn't in place, which in turn, does not leave them qualified to talk about the subject.
If your good enough your old enough seems to be the philosophy in Wales, even if your not a regular in the first team at your club. We cannot afford to wait around for players. We need to take risks and call some of the younger talent out there into the squad. We badly need a natural goalscorer.
Ben Woodburn has been called up the Wales squad and has done really well as he is an 'emerging talent at Liverpool. If the ROI panel did their homework or even watched LFCTV, they would see a young Irish lad named Glen McAuley banging in goals all last season and carrying on where he left off this season. He was the top scorer at the club and second top scorer in the league. A little bit of research shows he was a goal machine at schoolboy level, both feet are as good as each other, is good in the air and is lightning quick. If they promoted him to the ROI senior squad like they did with Robbie Keane, or showed that they were as progressive and forward thinking as the Welsh for example, we might have a lot of positives to talk about.
There are also a lot of other young Irish talent at Liverpool and other clubs, but to me, McAuley is the type of standout talent and 'goalscorer' we will need to move forward.
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:04pm
There it is, the post which confirms that this place is completely f**ked.

(Highly talented, we all know, but he is not the solution at this point. Surely that is clear).

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:30pm
Ever think 80% of the posters on this site is the same person with multiple accounts taking the piss LOL
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:37pm
The lad hasn't made a senior appearance! 

f**king hell Confused 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:40pm
The Scout the return of our Spoofer in Chief ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:00pm
WFT did I just read
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:08pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:19pm
Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by The Scout The Scout wrote:

Listening to the 'expert' pundits talking about no emerging talent coming through leaves me scratching my head. They obviously do not do their homework and the system to monitor good talent at top clubs isn't in place, which in turn, does not leave them qualified to talk about the subject.
If your good enough your old enough seems to be the philosophy in Wales, even if your not a regular in the first team at your club. We cannot afford to wait around for players. We need to take risks and call some of the younger talent out there into the squad. We badly need a natural goalscorer.
Ben Woodburn has been called up the Wales squad and has done really well as he is an 'emerging talent at Liverpool. If the ROI panel did their homework or even watched LFCTV, they would see a young Irish lad named Glen McAuley banging in goals all last season and carrying on where he left off this season. He was the top scorer at the club and second top scorer in the league. A little bit of research shows he was a goal machine at schoolboy level, both feet are as good as each other, is good in the air and is lightning quick. If they promoted him to the ROI senior squad like they did with Robbie Keane, or showed that they were as progressive and forward thinking as the Welsh for example, we might have a lot of positives to talk about.
There are also a lot of other young Irish talent at Liverpool and other clubs, but to me, McAuley is the type of standout talent and 'goalscorer' we will need to move forward.
Hi Mr.McAuley 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Brian Potter    
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Brian Potter    

My hero.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:53pm

I've said this before but I think the forum would benefit from a few more bans being dished out. How about we nominate a few posters every week and have a vote someone off the site on a Friday afternoon (everyone likes a poll). Then their IP Address is banned for a couple of weeks/months. 

Pro's:

- Idiocy is discouraged
- Shared experience. We get to come together in the spirit of unity to have someone kicked off the site, what could be more noble than that?
- We get to draw up a list and vote in a poll. Two forum staples. 
- Personal vendetta's can be pursued which should liven up proceedings. 
El Puto Amo
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm

Great idea, great post.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:03pm
Do new posts and posters still not need to be approved? If so who approved this garbage? LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:07pm
Going to say Hoskins

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Do new posts and posters still not need to be approved? If so who approved this garbage? LOL

There is about 15 mods believe it or not

The question now is who is NOT a mod.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by The Scout The Scout wrote:

Ive been following young glen for a while now, dont forget this is the same glen that pulled out of the u18's during the summer cause the fai wouldnt name him in the squad as a striker, he threw his toys outta the pram coz they wanted to name him as a midfielder.
Now also the same lad was called up to train with the senior squad at lfc last week so itll be interesting to see if he is anywhere near the senior squad for the carabao cup game coming up v leicester.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

There is about 15 mods believe it or not

The question now is who is NOT a mod.
with about three of us who actually log in these days. Anyway, not guilty on approving this thread. Theres another one already on this subject somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic