You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yekaterinburg Stadium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yekaterinburg Stadium
    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:31am
One of the more interesting stadiums for next year's world cup is in Yekaterinburg.

Started life as a lovely soviet style stadium....

To which they added a massive extension on top about 10 years ago.....

They then blew out the ends especially for the world cup to increase capacity...

But as you can see, "temporary" definitely means "temporary". Hope to f**k they test that with 10,000 passionate fans jumping up and down.

They'll cover it up eventually with some canvas to make it look a little better....

Sponsored Links

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:34am
Looks class. Nothing like the usual newly designed stadiums.
Great mix of the classic archtecture with the new.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:41am
My main issue is imagine if you were in the very top row how the f**k could you see the game?

Looks like the roof would be blocking your view

Edited by lassassinblanc - 29 Sep 2017 at 10:42am
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

My main issue is imagine if you were in the very top row how the f**k could you see the game?

Id say they done the angle checks and youll be able to see all the pitch but not the big screens if there is any. Does look like it could be a good veune but hard to keep the atmosphere in the ground with two stands basicly not within it
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:55am
that's great,  imagine being up the top corner... it's like watching from an apartment block across the road....
Come on Irelind
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:59am
You could climb down the scaffolding at fulltime, be the first onto the metro. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Id say they done the angle checks and youll be able to see all the pitch but not the big screens if there is any. Does look like it could be a good veune but hard to keep the atmosphere in the ground with two stands basicly not within it

You'd like to hope so. At least you know where you'll be if you got Restricted view tickets LOL
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Id say they done the angle checks and youll be able to see all the pitch but not the big screens if there is any.

Similar to the Upper Stretford End, or the Tier 3 of the SAF Stand in Old Trafford, you can see nada else but the roof and the pitch.   Can't see the other stands etc.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:20am

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:29am
Russian paramedics are the friendliest and most helpful in the world should any accident happen

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Like watching it on a movie screen
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Like watching it on a movie screen

good luck if it rains
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:11pm
that's mental !
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:24pm
Hmm actually looks pretty cool, but yeah if it rains you're f**ked
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:37pm
Looks an interesting stadium wouldn't be too worried about it raining either be no different than alot of stadiums e.g croke park where you will get wet if it rains

Would imagine these seats will be the cat 4s and cat 3s for this stadium
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:27pm
That view the perfect example of why they're called The Nosebleeds!!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:13pm
I like it, most of the new stadia are samey looking, this one, someone had to put a bit of thought into that without taking away the original facade, nice work. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

That view the perfect example of why they're called The Nosebleeds!!

I don't think I'd want to be along either of the sides of that stand. Say you're on the very right hand side of that stand, wouldn't you be finding it a bit hard to see what's happening by the corner flag at the far end of the pitch in front of the right hand sideline stand?

It certainly is different from the identikit cloned 'arenas' that have sprung up round Europe in the last 10 years or so.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic