You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBig's Creative Midfielder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Who is the best creative midfield player in the Prem?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [53.06%]
2 [4.08%]
7 [14.29%]
1 [2.04%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.04%]
9 [18.37%]
3 [6.12%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YBig's Creative Midfielder
    Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 8:52am
OK lads, same sh*t. Thanks for voting. Do discuss who you think is the best in this role and feel free to discuss players who didn't make the final 8 - just don't go moaning about it like a little girl!

Very tough 8 to come up with - even tougher to just pick one. I don't think my preference is going to win this one.

We are looking for our No.8 lads - who's it gonna be?
Sponsored Links

Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 8:56am
Well it ain't DJ Smack anyway
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 8:58am

Like Giggs in the LW poll, I would have gone for Scholes in his hey day. In his prime he is better than anyone on that list, but he's too old to pick now imo.

I went for Fabregas
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:05am
Fabregas for me..

Best player in the premier league in my opinion..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:07am
Fabregas, with Nasri just not quite as good as him yet but getting very close
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:17am
How did Arteta get in the list?? Had a good season or two a few years ago but hasn't done much the last two years! No Charlie Adam or Raul Meireles? Both better than Arteta imo.

Some quality players in that list and as much as I rate Nasri and VDV I reckon this one has to be between Gerrard and Fabregas. Gave my vote to Gerrard.
Ahh heya!
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:20am
van der vart fot me outta those choices but in fairness that's obviously only on one season. Overall in Prem history would have to be Scholes
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

How did Arteta get in the list?? Had a good season or two a few years ago but hasn't done much the last two years! No Charlie Adam or Raul Meireles? Both better than Arteta imo.

Some quality players in that list and as much as I rate Nasri and VDV I reckon this one has to be between Gerrard and Fabregas. Gave my vote to Gerrard.
Confused are you on PCP
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:26am

Arteta has been below par this season, but as we keep being told, the poll is about performances over their whole period as Premiership player, so that presumably why he is there. I'm sure I'll be corrected by 'Ole Purple Head if that is wrong.

Nice try anyway Mojo

Fabregas by a distance.

Edited by Emerald - 03 Mar 2011 at 9:27am
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Confused are you on PCP
LOL
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:40am
LOL Was worth a shot! Decent catch....
Ahh heya!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:47am
Cesc
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:52am
Went for Fabregas. His best days are behind him now, but I probably would have gone for Lampard if the poll was conducted a year or two ago - in terms of consistency he is unrivalled. Having said that, if the poll was older still I'd have gone for Scholes like a lot of people have said.

Fabregas's only real rivals in this one are probably the two Spurs boys and to a lesser extent his club mate Nasri. Gerrard is also in the 'past it' bracket for me.
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:59am
Cannot believe van der vaart and modric are gonna lose out to fabregas on this Shocked 
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:06am
Surprise surprise-Scruffy complaining that a spurs player wont win it

Newsflash for you scruffy- spurs havent got the best players in every single position!

How many premier league games has vdv played

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 03 Mar 2011 at 10:07am
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Newsflash for you scruffy- spurs havent got the best players in every single position!

We  have a woeful strikeforce and a poor enough defence, but my god do we have one of the best midfields in the world. Modric is by far the best CM in the premiership and should be winning this easily, and van der vaart has proven that he is unreal for spurs like he was before he came to us
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:16am
Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

We  have a woeful strikeforce and a poor enough defence, but my god do we have one of the best midfields in the world. Modric is by far the best CM in the premiership and should be winning this easily, and van der vaart has proven that he is unreal for spurs like he was before he came to us

Once again how many league games has vdv even played in england?

There is no way spurs have a better midfielder than fabregas in their squad

If vdv was so unreal before he went to spurs why the fook was he warming the bench for most of last season at real?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:21am

Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

Once again how many league games has vdv even played in england?

There is no way spurs have a better midfielder than fabregas in their squad

If vdv was so unreal before he went to spurs why the fook was he warming the bench for most of last season at real?

Not sure how many games vdv has played in england but he has scored enough goals in them. Still dont understand how he was on the bench for madrid, your lying to yourself if ya say he isnt world class.Him and modric are both better than fabregas. If i was offered any CM in the world, the only player i would choose over modric would be xavi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic