You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBig's Cool Centre-back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Who is the best cool/casual centre-half in the Prem?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [14.29%]
20 [57.14%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [8.57%]
2 [5.71%]
3 [8.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Rio is miles better than any of these chumps. He is underrated by people because of off the field reasons,the best centre half in premier league history.

Well  I dont under rate him as always really rated him for his positioning and ball playing skills but Jags is better at both & a better all round defender imo but then i am bias as hell LOL 

Ah he wouldn't be playing for Everton if he was that good
But he's in their national team ahead of Rio isnt he Wink
Sponsored Links

keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:21pm
Another easy one...Rio is easily the best!

Only been 2 tough ones so far really, gk and rb!
Midfield and strikers should be interesting!
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Titus (Titsup) Bramble ? ] - The problem is he's TOO fookin casual.

Jagielka casual ? He's an O.G. waiting to happen.

What a farce.

Really??? From the top of my head he's scored about 3 maybe 4 in his career(thats including the one before he came to your attention i'm sure) and i'm sure thats about the average for a defender
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:26pm

Rio is miles better than any of these chumps. He is underrated by people because of off the field reasons,the best centre half in premier league history.

Well  I dont under rate him as always really rated him for his positioning and ball playing skills but Jags is better at both & a better all round defender imo but then i am bias as hell LOL 

Why embarrass yourself?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Why embarrass yourself?
Cause i stick up for ex-blades, plus am i not correct that he's playing regular for england these days?
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:38pm

Why embarrass yourself?
Cause i stick up for ex-blades, plus am i not correct that he's playing regular for england these days?

I think he has two competitive England caps.  And how could he be in ahead of Rio - who is the England captain.  Perhaps if Rio was injured....but that's a different story.

I agree with you mate, think Jags is a superb centre-half.  Really underrated.  Much better than the 'good' label he seems to be stuck with. 

I would actually go so far as to say every player in this poll is underrated.  That's because most people just like to see a crunching tackle or a great header and they think that is the art of defending.  I see that as the art of desperation.  It's players such as these 8 in this poll that have really mastered the art of defending.  These guys defend without it even being noticed that they needed to defend something!

Edited by Siralex - 25 Feb 2011 at 1:40pm
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:43pm

Titus (Titsup) Bramble ? - The problem is he's TOO fookin casual. Jagielka casual ? He's an O.G. waiting to happen. What a farce.

Really??? From the top of my head he's scored about 3 maybe 4 in his career(thats including the one before he came to your attention i'm sure) and i'm sure thats about the average for a defender

Well he's scored a couple already this season, plus just managed to hit one against our post against Chelsea last week. He has looked very panicky since he came back from his cruciate ligament injury towards the end of last season, and hasn't managed to recapture his previous form of 08/09, when he looked very assured and was our player of the season. My comment was based on current/recent form. Plus he tends to hoof it a lot. Much as I like Jags, Franz Beckenbauer he ain't.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:46pm

Why embarrass yourself?

I think he has two competitive England caps.  And how could he be in ahead of Rio - who is the England captain.  Perhaps if Rio was injured....but that's a different story.

I agree with you mate, think Jags is a superb centre-half.  Really underrated.  Much better than the 'good' label he seems to be stuck with. 

I would actually go so far as to say every player in this poll is underrated.  That's because most people just like to see a crunching tackle or a great header and they think that is the art of defending.  I see that as the art of desperation.  It's players such as these 8 in this poll that have really mastered the art of defending.  These guys defend without it even being noticed that they needed to defend something!
Well i'll take your word for it cause i dont watch them or read much about them(cause i'm watching Ireland haha) - in fact only know he is in the squad a lot from sheff utd forums so if i'm wrong on that front i'll admit it

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:50pm
He has been recently in squads alright, but as you know squad call ups don't give you caps.  Top of my head, he has two competitive caps and has played in three or four friendlies.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:52pm

Titus (Titsup) Bramble ? - The problem is he's TOO fookin casual. Jagielka casual ? He's an O.G. waiting to happen. What a farce.

Well he's scored a couple already this season, plus just managed to hit one against our post against Chelsea last week. He has looked very panicky since he came back from his cruciate ligament injury towards the end of last season, and hasn't managed to recapture his previous form of 08/09, when he looked very assured and was our player of the season. My comment was based on current/recent form. Plus he tends to hoof it a lot. Much as I like Jags, Franz Beckenbauer he ain't.

Ahh but he'll be back to his brilliant best in no time - did the same thing at Sheff Utd after an injury(though no own goals LOL) but then he had Chris Morgan beratting him if he dared make a mistake LOL

Am sure he'll be hitting form in no time but as the Alex lad says these polls arent on recent form more on the player and what they are capable offThumbs%20Up
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:57pm

Ahh but he'll be back to his brilliant best in no time - did the same thing at Sheff Utd after an injury(though no own goals LOL) but then he had Chris Morgan beratting him if he dared make a mistake LOL

Am sure he'll be hitting form in no time but as the Alex lad says these polls arent on recent form more on the player and what they are capable offThumbs%20Up

Hope you're right.

Moyes seems to think so:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/02/25/jags-ready-to-show-best-form

Edited by Emerald - 25 Feb 2011 at 3:04pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 2:00pm
Rio
The Lurker View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lurker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 8:20pm
Me and the count should be there.. but has to be Rio and see Smalling going to be the man in a few years!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:30pm
Rio is the best 'casual' centre back I guess
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:33pm
Titus Bramble at it again today

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 3:43am
Poll over

Rio whitewash - Ledley second with 15.6percent of th evote.

Do you all want holding central midfield poll next or right winger?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 4:42am
Bramble being classed as one of the best defenders in the league? Alex were u after a bottle of whiskey when u did up this list!?

Don't care what argument anyone makes Bramble is brutal.

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 2:39pm

Have people not beien watching the Premier League over the past 3 or 4 years?Titus Bramble has been superb!  Two Player Of The Year awards at Wigan before moving to Sunderland where he has been immense yet again.  SOme people remembering him for the (admittedly) good few obvious errors around the middle part of the last decade?  tut, tut.  Very fickle that!  This guy is now living through th e promise he showed as a young defender at Ipswich aorund 2000. A great cerntre-half.

BUMP for Sono.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic