You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBig's Cool Centre-back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Who is the best cool/casual centre-half in the Prem?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [14.29%]
20 [57.14%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [8.57%]
2 [5.71%]
3 [8.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 11:44am
Rio ferdinand the best centre back of all timeConfused MMMJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 11:51am
FFS people - Titus Bramble 2 votes????? And the same for Dawson Confused

Shame on you all - only my vote still registered for Jags the best defender of this lot ffs. The bias to Ferdinand is to be expected from the mancs on here but would have thought the rest of ye's would appreciate Jags but no

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 11:54am
Rio is miles better than any of these chumps.

He is underrated by people because of off the field reasons,the best centre half in premier league history.
Theres only one sport that matters..
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Rio is miles better than any of these chumps.

He is underrated by people because of off the field reasons,the best centre half in premier league history.
Well  I dont under rate him as always really rated him for his positioning and ball playing skills but Jags is better at both & a better all round defender imo but then i am bias as hell LOL 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:08pm
This poll nearly looks fixed!

Gary Cahill is a physical defender if i've ever seen one. Cool/Calm would be the last thing i'd call him.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:08pm

He's never won the pfa player of the season unlike john terry and a certain paul mcgrath. Wouldnt be my choice for best centre half in premier league history at all at all

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Gary Cahill is a physical defender if i've ever seen one. Cool/Calm would be the last thing i'd call him.
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION SIRALEX!!!Angry
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Rio is miles better than any of these chumps. He is underrated by people because of off the field reasons,the best centre half in premier league history.

Well  I dont under rate him as always really rated him for his positioning and ball playing skills but Jags is better at both & a better all round defender imo but then i am bias as hell LOL 

Ah he wouldn't be playing for Everton if he was that good
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

It has already been established that his name is rio!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:14pm
The choices on this poll are terrible. Sure Kolo Toure doesn't get a game!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

It has already been established that his name is rio!

is he dancing on the sand?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:22pm

The choices on this poll are terrible. Sure Kolo Toure doesn't get a game!

Are you on a wind-up?  Bad one if so.  City have played 27 league games - Kolo has played 21 of them.  He has played 28 games this season.  Has played over 270 Premier League games in his career.  Is definitely in the top 8 casual defenders in the Premier League right now. 

You're more than welcome to do your own poll.

And to whoever said Cahill is more of a phsyical defender....I think he's more casual.  Great on the ball, great bringing the ball out of defence.  Very good off the ball.  He can also put in a challenge and win a header.  He was considered for both polls - as most are - came in 5th in this category and 11th in the hunt for a physical centre-half.  Great player I think, super player.  Will cost someone a lot of cash to take him off Bolton!
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:24pm
Wouldn't have Dawson in this category myself.More of a physical,throwing his body in front of shots type of defender,don't think he's too clever on the ball either.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:38pm
Daniel agger is quite good on the ball, scores a few good goals too
Its very frustrating being a Slob
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:48pm
take king out of that poll and bramble has three votes ffs, id second agger he better than at least 5 of them defenders and plays the ball out of defense rather than thump it,
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:08pm
Titus (Titsup) Bramble ? ] - The problem is he's TOO fookin casual.

Jagielka casual ? He's an O.G. waiting to happen.

What a farce.

Edited by Emerald - 25 Feb 2011 at 1:08pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:11pm
Obviously some people are trying to make a farce of the poll - Titus Bramble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:19pm
Have people not beien watching the Premier League over the past 3 or 4 years?

Titus Bramble has been superb!  Two Player Of The Year awards at Wigan before moving to Sunderland where he has been immense yet again.  SOme people remembering him for the (admittedly) good few obvious errors around the middle part of the last decade?  tut, tut.  Very fickle that!  This guy is now living through th e promise he showed as a young defender at Ipswich aorund 2000. A great cerntre-half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic