You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG venue for Warsaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:27am
Great shout, less than 1 km walk from the Sheraton Clap

Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:29am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Great shout, less than 1 km walk from the Sheraton Clap

I'm in the Sheraton also but Old Town is probably where the pints are going to be had for me.

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:32am
Normal beer price in Molly Malones is 9zl. 5pm is quite early to be finishing a happy hour promo. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:42am
Most Irish bars aren't owned by Irish people and if you have ever tried to work with the Polish on stuff like this...no thanks not after the Euro's to much red tape. 

The manager here is an Irish guy so easier to deal with and understands what the fans will want. It's big city, and there's always a thing called choice. 

It has a stage for live bands that play regularly so it'll be grand for those that go there. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:56am
Ask him will the bands will get singers up or if Irish fans can do a 15 minute set!Thumbs Up
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 11:05am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Normal beer price in Molly Malones is 9zl. 5pm is quite early to be finishing a happy hour promo. 

E2.15 a pint, grand job
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 11:56am
I'm all about the craic when I go away but there is no way I will pay top dollar for a pint just to be in the "meet up point". Poland is cheap and chips and I'm sure I will find a bar that has a bit of craic and a sing song without paying the extra commission for being Irish.

Saying that I have no problem getting a slab of bottles and just boozing outside one of these pubs either. I wonder do lads get something for throwing up these "deals" etc. No one does something for nothing these days. 
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:01pm
Great job Bob....excellent to have as an option, could be a good starting point
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:06pm
2.38 as top dollar LOLLOL, good work Bob Thumbs Up.

Edited by irelandfan - 16 Sep 2015 at 12:07pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:08pm
Fair play, Bob. Kudos for doing a bit of research on this and trying to make things handy for lads.
Sad f**kers complaining over a couple of zlotys on a pint. Pints in Poland whether they are €2 or €2.50 are a hell of a lot cheaper (and nicer) than at home.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I'm all about the craic when I go away but there is no way I will pay top dollar for a pint just to be in the "meet up point". Poland is cheap and chips and I'm sure I will find a bar that has a bit of craic and a sing song without paying the extra commission for being Irish.

Saying that I have no problem getting a slab of bottles and just boozing outside one of these pubs either. I wonder do lads get something for throwing up these "deals" etc. No one does something for nothing these days. 

Think you are quite wrong about that - I'd be pretty sure the likes of Hoskins are just doing this so that the wider YBIG group have somewhere to meet up for pints if they want to. 
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:39pm
1.73 in sterling for a beer and people are moaning LOL

put em under pressure!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Think you are quite wrong about that - I'd be pretty sure the likes of Hoskins are just doing this so that the wider YBIG group have somewhere to meet up for pints if they want to. 

Listen I'm not knocking Hoskins or anyone else. I'm just saying, some people don't do things to be nice. I think we have all seen that. There is just this mad rush to go to an Irish bar. Don't get it 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

2.38 as top dollar LOLLOL, good work Bob Thumbs Up.

You took me up wrong, pints are going to be cheap in Poland regardless - just saying people are always keen to make a few pounds off us 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:47pm

Listen I'm not knocking Hoskins or anyone else. I'm just saying, some people don't do things to be nice. I think we have all seen that. There is just this mad rush to go to an Irish bar. Don't get it 

Irish Bar ? Sure this place is Mexican !!! 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Irish Bar ? Sure this place is Mexican !!! 

Irish owner 
eamo1960 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eamo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:51pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:51pm
f**k it,its cheap as chips anyway,if its close to the Novotel it will do,as long as the pints are decent.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic