You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***YBIG STATEMENT R/E MEETING YESTERDAY***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by Colbert Report2 Colbert Report2 wrote:

I'm going to take a very unpopular opinion here, and before anyone accuses me of being a wind-up merchant, please hear me out. I have been big into football every since I grew up in Ireland throughout the late 80s to the late 90s. I am almost 31 years old now, and have been watching the national team for as long as I can remember. Many of you will know me from foot.ie as I have been posting there for years.

Who do you people think you are to expect greater access to tickets than anyone else? What does it matter if you go to all the away matches? That is your choice and nobody else should be penalized by lack of ticket access just because you think you are better because you go to Eastern Europe the odd time to watch them play. Grow up.

I live in North America and the whole concept of "home" and "away" ticket allocations is totally foreign to me. Here, the home team sells 100% of their own tickets to whomever wants them, as there is seldom any "away" support given the distances between cities.

When I came home to Ireland in 2009 I saw the 1-1 draw with Bulgaria at Croke Park and it was only through the kindness of a fellow supporter on foot.ie that I was able to even go. He sold me one of his spare tickets for face value and was very nice all around.

If I wanted to go to see Ireland play Scotland in Glasgow next month, why should I be penalized or looked down upon because I live in Canada and it is impractical for me to come over to see all the matches? Just quit your whinging. If you don't like the way they give out tickets, stop going to matches, stay at home and watch in on television.

Not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes...

You have been "big into" football since the 1980s, and are a regular on foot.ie but the concept of home and away allocations, a concept that has been part of the sport that you are "big into" for 40-50 years prior to you becoming big into it? <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Whether the concept of home and away allocations is foreign to you or not, it is a fact of life in football. It is against the terms and conditions of the ticket to buy a ticket for the home end if you are supporting the away team. Anyone who does it is running the risk of being ejected from the stadium. That might not be the case in North American sports, it is the case in Europe and in South America. Away allocations are a fact in all international and the vast majority of other professional football matches. Buying tickets in the home end for Scotland is not likely to be a problem, both sets of fans are known for being friendly the Scots know the score they do it all the time in other cities and will do it in Dublin. Most people will get into the ground they just won't be with their mates who they travel all over the world with. Doing the same thing in somewhere like Poland is a lot riskier. What people want is a transparent system that lets them know if they will have a ticket or if  they have to take that risk and get tickets elsewhere. Not sure why that is a hard concept to grasp.</span>

America, as you point out has a completely different sporting culture. Professional sports in America do not generally have the fan culture that football in the rest of the world has. Your comparison makes no sense. Its also untrue. American sports teams sell season tickets, those season tickets guarantee you a seat at every regular season match. They also give you priority over non season ticket holders for play-off games. Are you honestly suggesting that the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls or anyone else sells tickets on a first come first served basis without sorting out their regular fans first?

As has been pointed out, there was no shortage of tickets for the Bulgaria match in Croke Park, they were on public sale and did not sell out. Fair play to your foot.ie buddy and all that, but you could have just bought one in a shop.

Why should you be penalised for living in Canada? You shouldn't, nobody said you should. But why should you have the same right to a scarce ticket as someone who has been a regular purchaser of tickets for several years who goes out of their way to buy tickets when they are less scarce because it involves a difficult journey or less interesting opposition, who has paid Thousands of Euros to the organisation that sells the tickets and who was promised by representatives of that organisation that they would be "sorted"? There's a former regular poster on this board who used to travel from LA regularly to attend matches. There are people who travel from Dubai and Australia. People who travel from all over Europe to home and away matches. You should have the same right to a ticket as them when you couldn't even bother your arse buying a ticket from an official source for a match that wasn't sold out?

I don't post on or read foot.ie, but I can't imagine regular travellers and season ticket holders there are any happier about what has happened than people here. Why not go and test the waters over there, see if telling them to grow up and quit their whingeing goes down well? See if your regular poster status gives you any more credibility than you have here.
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 11:10pm
Lads, 

This may be a huge eye opener for everybody. The way this mess was handled is not new. This sort of mismanagement, lack of giving a f**k, is true in every single aspect of Irish football. Domestic league, schoolboys football, grassroots, the absolute core of this game in Ireland. Our most valuable asset, the kids playing ball today, are being put through a token system that offers them nothing, with the hope that one or two are good enough despite them, and an English club will come along and do the job for them. Our coaches are being put through a token coach education system, which is largely a money spinner, in which they leave it underqualified.

Here it is. This is how they operate. While this is very bloody frustrating, not getting tickets for a game is the f**king tip of the iceberg compared to the sh*t that goes on here every day.  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 11:16pm
Fully behind you Mark.

We dont need a new system we need a new FAI.
First item on agenda is to smash the SFAI.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:09am
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Lads once again great job done here.........

I do however havea question.......

What did Max have to say about his very public statements/promises in the Hangar Bar that everyone who travelled to Georgia would be looked after for the Scotland game???

We are still working on that.  Not enough people willing to back up the claims they were making on here.
McGlue told a group of us in the Marriot early in the day we'd be sorted for tickets for Scotland as I was joking was that the reason they were ticking names of their laptop, was 5 r 6 of us there all of whom heard this and i'll gladly be quoted as double checked with the lads before posting this, that, its what was said Thumbs Up

(MON, Roy and few coaches were having a chat in the corner to the right as you walked in and werent best pleased to see us as we were slightly before the arranged pick up time on the saturday)
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:11am
Actually O Neil gave us a wave said hi lads keano just stared at us the mcglue was to left and one of our group asked about Scotland and he asked for our name and email
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:13am
This Deffo Happened
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:45am
Originally posted by kenaneym kenaneym wrote:

Price can range from €10-20

Nothing is paid to the FAI

There is a small reduction on the cost of season tickets

People can apply through there local club, it was hoped that all members who joined a supporters club and bought season tickets would be given the option of an away ticket for any game that came up

Dont get me wrong i understand peoples gripe here but im out of the country indefinetely so it doesnt bother me

Not having a go at anyone but people are slating supporters clubs for doing things that right way and getting setup something more formal and easy to manage.

I also understand that there is people on here that have 100% records or close to it and yes they do deserve tickets however there is also people who just think the have gods given right to get a ticket because they are on ybig 

Thanks for the replies Kenaneym but it is my understanding that money is paid to the FAI by each club

'option of an away ticket for any away game coming up - which is exactly the crux of the matter'

nobody is blaming the supporters clubs
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kenaneym View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenaneym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Price can range from €10-20

Nothing is paid to the FAI

There is a small reduction on the cost of season tickets

People can apply through there local club, it was hoped that all members who joined a supporters club and bought season tickets would be given the option of an away ticket for any game that came up

Dont get me wrong i understand peoples gripe here but im out of the country indefinetely so it doesnt bother me

Not having a go at anyone but people are slating supporters clubs for doing things that right way and getting setup something more formal and easy to manage.

I also understand that there is people on here that have 100% records or close to it and yes they do deserve tickets however there is also people who just think the have gods given right to get a ticket because they are on ybig 

Thanks for the replies Kenaneym but it is my understanding that money is paid to the FAI by each club

'option of an away ticket for any away game coming up - which is exactly the crux of the matter'

nobody is blaming the supporters clubs

No problem newryrep.

Im on both sides here, Im young but was only of the age to travel away with friends on my own to the euros and was in cologne last year ! As well as all the home games iv massive respect for the lads who get to all home and away games and im gutted to here that a good few did not get sorted with tickets.

I also respect what supporters clubs are doing, the primary motive i would imagine for them is to arrange bus loads etc outside of dublin to travel to games increase numbers attending getting the buzz back the subscriptions charged by the clubs allow for buses to run at discounted rates and also used to buy season tickets depending on how many subs are receicved.

Season tickets bought are then offered to members on a game by game basis to members who have not chosen to buy a season ticket.

There is no fee paid to the fai whatsoever
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 1:47am

I also respect what supporters clubs are doing, the primary motive i would imagine for them is to arrange bus loads etc outside of dublin to travel to games increase numbers attending getting the buzz back the subscriptions charged by the clubs allow for buses to run at discounted rates and also used to buy season tickets depending on how many subs are receicved.

We can't keep stressing is enough, no-one is blaming supporters clubs.  As you say, they do a lot and plenty of people who post in here are members of supporters clubs as well.

The issue is that the FAI have taken a policy decision that supporters clubs have priority.  So a member of a supporters club who does not have a season ticket and has no away record will now, under FAI policy, have priority over an individual supporter who has bought a season ticket and has an away record.  Clearly there are members of supporters clubs who are both season ticket holders and regular away travellers and they have every right, same as us all.

However in the meeting the FAI confirmed that it was possible for the non-season ticket holder, no away record to get tickets ahead of others. 

If you can find me the public FAI statements where they communicated this policy change please feel free to post it up.

The FAI changed their policy and told no-one.  First issue.

They then claimed that they had allocated tickets to "known away supporters".  Evidence here shows that there are clearly very well known away supporters who should have been in that category and were not provided tickets.  This is so widespread as to make it clear that the FAI system is not working.

The ticketing system should be clear and transparent.  Thats it.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:22am
Anyone know what time Delaney is on Today FM? prefer not to listen anymore of the unsufferable prick than I have to.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:30am
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Anyone know what time Delaney is on Today FM? prefer not to listen anymore of the unsufferable prick than I have to.

There'll be 2 pricks on whenever Delaney turns up
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:59am
Lads, it has been the same for years. I have had this discussion with friends of mine ever since we laughed at how the FAI charged us a 2 euro 'handling fee' for the Italy away game in Bari in 09.....for a ticket that cost 10 euro from the Italian FA.

HOW CAN I MAKE MORE MONEY FROM THE FANS WHO ARE MORE FAMOUS THAN OUR OWN TEAM?

I regularly go over to watch games in the UK and the way in which it is handled is perfect. You buy a membership at the start of the season and build up your points which allows you to buy tickets to away games. Everything is taken into account, attendance at home games, purchases in the club shop AND most importantly if you go to a sh*tty away game's for example in Wigan (apologies to any Wigan fans) you get 5 points, whereas if you go to man utd away you only get 1 point. The simple idea behind this system is that when it comes down to the big games the fans are aware just how many points are required before they can apply for tickets and if the tickets go unsold they go on sale to the next group of fans and so on. There are no xfactor sob stories, if you don't have enough points, tough! As far as the club are concerned it demonstrates that the loyalty the fans show is not gone unnoticed, however, this is quite clearly the opposite as far as the FAI are concerned.

GREED
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:13am
whilst I got a ticket for the Scotland game through the supporters club im a member of in Belfast I still share the disgust of the fans here who didn't get a ticket.

to me, I don't feel I warrant a ticket over most of the people on here. yes I was in Germany the other week and last year as well but that wouldn't warrant me getting one over you guys.

I am happy im going but not happy that a lot of people in a SC will get yet not having been to an away game in their lives. the lads in our SC have been to the euros, Estonia, Austria, Macedonia, wales etc. etc. but that's as individuals at different times. there's probably a handful who have a decent away record and deserve a ticket and yes they all go to the home games but its still not right to get as many.

the FAI need a points scoring system in place against each person who travels to an away game, their record should be taken into account when requesting a ticket. the points should be against the individual and when it comes to tickets being divvied out those with the most points should get.

just a query, I've seen some say they requested 3 tickets for example. is this based on the other 2 people they are asking for having a good away record to match theirs? because if they haven't a good away record how can they get a ticket? should tickets not be requested as an individual?

god so many permutations!

but seriously I do support the implementation of a away ticketing scheme. this should not happen again.

put em under pressure!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:17am
It appears the Scottish FA have responded to the FAI. I can't access the Scottish Sun though.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/scotlandinternational/6042991/Rage-over-Euro-briefs.html
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:20am

Well who is your preferred radio DJ? Darcy puts on a great show,possibly the best on our airwaves.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:29am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Well who is your preferred radio DJ? Darcy puts on a great show,possibly the best on our airwaves.
I switch off the radio after breakfast, i used to listen to him a few years back and was decent but his self pontifcating on guff on running has turned me off him. If its not running its setting up dates or telling stories that have men all over ireland in tears listening to it.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

whilst I got a ticket for the Scotland game through the supporters club im a member of in Belfast I still share the disgust of the fans here who didn't get a ticket.

to me, I don't feel I warrant a ticket over most of the people on here. yes I was in Germany the other week and last year as well but that wouldn't warrant me getting one over you guys.

I am happy im going but not happy that a lot of people in a SC will get yet not having been to an away game in their lives. the lads in our SC have been to the euros, Estonia, Austria, Macedonia, wales etc. etc. but that's as individuals at different times. there's probably a handful who have a decent away record and deserve a ticket and yes they all go to the home games but its still not right to get as many.

the FAI need a points scoring system in place against each person who travels to an away game, their record should be taken into account when requesting a ticket. the points should be against the individual and when it comes to tickets being divvied out those with the most points should get.

just a query, I've seen some say they requested 3 tickets for example. is this based on the other 2 people they are asking for having a good away record to match theirs? because if they haven't a good away record how can they get a ticket? should tickets not be requested as an individual?

god so many permutations!

but seriously I do support the implementation of a away ticketing scheme. this should not happen again.

Just in my case there will be 13 of us travelling of which i have been looking for 3 tickets 3 of us are on the 1 booking number in the FAI, 2 of us would fall under the all aways catergory with ST and the other lad would be under 50% with ST (he knew and understood that he would probably not get a ticket)  the rest are just 1 game here and 1 game there but had no illusions of getting away tickets anyway

Edited by daithi - 30 Oct 2014 at 11:07am
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:14am
Delighted that this is still going...the more we keep going the better....

Delaney may think this will die down and only certain cases but if we do something significant at USA game, more people will become awarte!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic