You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Pub Spy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 5:33am
good call erimus , times for a simpsons quotes thread
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 1:57pm

YBIG PUB SPY 1 - The Racecourse Inn, Baldoyle

Number of times visited - First time 25/July/08 8.00pm

Picture courtesy of mobile phone camera prior to consumption of liquid gold that is Miller/Coors

1. Atmosphere : Seemed like a regular clientale with two older citizens chatting to a gentleman behind the bar 
2. Service : Exquisite. I sat down and was immediately approached by loungestaff to ask if i wanted to purchase a beverage. I ordered a frosty Miller which was presented in a Miller glass.
3.Cleaniness of Jacks - Well kept and maintained. I was surprised at the lack of graffiti that i see in other places. Bog rule in place and the toilet had a seat. I enjoyed a nice stooling. WC then proceeded to offer me fresheners for a small charge.
4.Chances of Scoring - quite a number of what looked like single women. I got chatting to one girl by the name of Jenny who lived locally. I told her i might see her again.
5.Quality of Jar - Smooth and chilled. Rings of froth clinged to the inside of the glass, always a good sign.
6. Quality of Food and Snacks - A large selection of light snacks available ranging from pringles to scampi fries and pork scratchings
7.Pricing - €4.60 for a pint of Miller. Was to be expected in this high end establishment.
8.Smoking Area - Catered for with heating supplied. A sand bowl to put your cigareete out safely to prevent any possible damage to the pubs interior.
9. TV - A total of 8 in the lounge. All angles covered for with a 12 foot screen in the middle
10.Reading Materials - Time magazine, National Geographic, the Business post all available
11.Music and Entertainment - Some light music in the background. Live bands on weekends.

RATING 8.5/10
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 2:09pm
Great review McG
Keep em coming Thumbs%20Up
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

4.Chances of Scoring - quite a number of what looked like single women. I got chatting to one girl by the name of Jenny who lived locally. I told her i might see her again.

absolutely brilliant McG!!!
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 6:25am
I only go to a pub for one reason and one reason alone and that is to use the washroom and there is no rating for that!! I mean what are the facitities like? Toilet paper? Clean? People flush? Chances of running into someone who is not there for a pee but still has his pecker out? You know all these are important especially the last one as you can always pee in someones beer if the chances are high. 
There are friendlier places to drink.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 11:54am
Gotta hand it to Justice
He may lose a lot of arguments and talk a lot of sh*t
But this thread has potential

On the TV bit, can yis ad what the potential is for watching an Ireland game there?
Or even a general match atmosphere thingy??

Edited by GerKeano - 27 Jul 2008 at 11:55am
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 2:47pm

You never said how many beers to be consumed before your assessment of chances of scoring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11fQ6-QTIc Big%20smile

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 12:27pm
Foxes Eyre Sqaure , Galway City

Edited by Justice Shark - 29 Jul 2008 at 12:27pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 12:29pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLU have issues
Originally posted by Tash Kent Tash Kent wrote:

You never said how many beers to be consumed before your assessment of chances of scoring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11fQ6-QTIc Big%20smile

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

I only go to a pub for one reason and one reason alone and that is to use the washroom and there is no rating for that!! I mean what are the facitities like? Toilet paper? Clean? People flush? Chances of running into someone who is not there for a pee but still has his pecker out? You know all these are important especially the last one as you can always pee in someones beer if the chances are high. 
Look I'll right this report when |I'm sober ya canadian bastard LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

YBIG PUB SPY 1 - The Racecourse Inn, Baldoyle

Number of times visited - First time 25/July/08 8.00pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLgood man

Picture courtesy of mobile phone camera prior to consumption of liquid gold that is Miller/Coors

1. Atmosphere : Seemed like a regular clientale with two older citizens chatting to a gentleman behind the bar 
2. Service : Exquisite. I sat down and was immediately approached by loungestaff to ask if i wanted to purchase a beverage. I ordered a frosty Miller which was presented in a Miller glass.
3.Cleaniness of Jacks - Well kept and maintained. I was surprised at the lack of graffiti that i see in other places. Bog rule in place and the toilet had a seat. I enjoyed a nice stooling. WC then proceeded to offer me fresheners for a small charge.
5.Quality of Jar - Smooth and chilled. Rings of froth clinged to the inside of the glass, always a good sign.
6. Quality of Food and Snacks - A large selection of light snacks available ranging from pringles to scampi fries and pork scratchings
7.Pricing - €4.60 for a pint of Miller. Was to be expected in this high end establishment.
8.Smoking Area - Catered for with heating supplied. A sand bowl to put your cigareete out safely to prevent any possible damage to the pubs interior.
9. TV - A total of 8 in the lounge. All angles covered for with a 12 foot screen in the middle
10.Reading Materials - Time magazine, National Geographic, the Business post all available
11.Music and Entertainment - Some light music in the background. Live bands on weekends.

RATING 8.5/10
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 1:04pm
Foxes in galway is a decent estalishment. I personally don't like racing or tourist arseholes but these people were fairly decent to YBIGPS.Thumbs%20UpService as very prompt and efficient which is always good and the music was Neil Young followed by the Waterboys on the stereo which wasn't too loud.Smoking area was outside on mainstreet but what can u do! Jacks were clean and  well maintained.Serious lack of talent behind the bar !!!!!blokes only!"!!!Decent Pint wth  a decent toastie. In fact, I don't say this lightly, probably won't again, BUT best toastie EVER! but jar was good. TV was there lack of games though-asked yer man about possibility of watcing a number of games- said YESThumbs%20DownThumbs%20UpLook place is good but Galway in general is full of JipposShockedDublin is much better than this kip
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

I knew you couldnt be trusted to pick good pubsConfused.
Full of teeny bopper students and ones waiting for the train/bus.
Only upside is the cheap beer - There I have written your report for youLOL

Much better pubs in Galway, but as you seem to think its full of Gippos I wont be telling you where any of them are.  

Edited by Babysis - 29 Jul 2008 at 1:09pm
First Commander-Galway Regatta
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

I knew you couldnt be trusted to pick good pubsConfused.
Full of teeny bopper students and ones waiting for the train/bus.
Only upside is the cheap beer - There I have written your report for youLOL

Much better pubs in Galway, but as you seem to think its full of Gippos I wont be telling you where any of them are.  
LOLget lost quality report just cause everyone in Galway wears clothes from the 1970'sShocked
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 6:38am
Its not a good pub. Its one of the worst ones you could have picked. Even the big ones like the Quays and The Kings Head would have been better choices. You are RUBBISH
First Commander-Galway Regatta
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 8:27am
poor form justice.....you couldn't review yer own arseLOL
ye missed some great pubs here, not telling ye though......we like to keep the dubs out of the decent boozersClap
cracking weather in the west today Cool
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 12:42pm
Well done Justice you got to Galway on YOUR big weekend, and pick the sh*ttest pub. That's the equivalent of going to Dublin and reviewing Copper Face Jacks or Redz...

I spy with my YBIG eye a f**king useless reviewer. JUSTICE OUT!!
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 3:54pm
I thought they kept the knackers out of the pubs in Ireland!
There are friendlier places to drink.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic