You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm
    Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 12:18am
YBIG Mandate - March 8th at 7pm.
Details on Page 19

We have received a very positive reaction to our mandate and it is clear that there are many people who agree that independent fans need a strong voice to air concerns Irish supporters have going forward.

If you haven't already signed up, please do so here

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OzJcEbCVECpwhCIT6UY2qc_MG8_1hvWLq9t6-SpL8E8/viewform

The FAI had promised to introduce a new ticketing scheme called Fans Direct. So far, the Association has not delivered any clarity on the scheme and there seems to have been no progress on the points system which was supposed to be implemented before Ireland's play-off clash with Bosnia last year.

It is also quite clear that the only people who will be judged on their previous attendances at Ireland matches are independent fans as the points system will not be introduced for FAI affiliated Supporters Clubs. However, we do understand that many clubs have their own loyalty system in place and this must be welcomed.

We feel that every fan should be treated equally, be they independent fans or in Supporters Clubs.

The FAI says that 30 per cent of tickets for World Cup qualifiers will be allocated to Ireland fans. This number needs to be revised urgently.

To see the YBIG mandate, see this thread

To sign up, click here

NEXT STEPS

We are also seeking nominations for people to form a working group and who can speak on behalf of YBIG.

If you have any nominations or if you want to put your own name forward, please post in this thread. Thumbs Up

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 18 Feb 2023 at 10:04am
I love the YBIG
Sponsored Links

Cathalio11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalio11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 2:10am
I am happy to put my name forward for the working group in the interest of competition.

I am young, new to the site and hope to be here for a long time.

Certainly not the most experienced or savvy member of the site but no harm in putting my name forward.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 11:03am
I nominate SuperDave if he's available to be involved.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 11:48am
there's a few who have put forward some very good points on here on the issue over last few years so would like to see them involved if they available. Would like to nominate

Newryrep
Superdave
Deise316

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

there's a few who have put forward some very good points on here on the issue over last few years so would like to see them involved if they available. Would like to nominate

Newryrep
Superdave
Deise316

I would say it's best for those who live in Dublin , as far as I know only one fits the bill from above .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 12:43pm
I think any of the following would be very beneficial

Maribor Kev
Deise316
Rolo
SuperDave
NewryRep
Hickster
Citizen
Drumcondra69er
GSpain
Freewheeler
NVidic

If people let those nominated know the story so they can pop  in here and state whether they are interested or not

Edited by The GerK - 24 Aug 2016 at 1:28pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 12:47pm
No nominations for Captain Byrne ??!!

Not sure if any of Gerk, The Count or Hoskins would be able to or like to be involved but think it would be good to have at least one in there. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:02pm
Actually, I do have an additional thought.
I know somebody mentioned above that these would probably be best suited to people based in Dublin - I can understand that it might be the case from a perspective of meeting with people etc but I think it would be good to have some representation on there from outside of Dublin just to represent the views of fans from outside of Dublin. They may have additional concerns, items for discussion that those in Dublin wouldn't etc.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:12pm
I'm happy to be involved.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:28pm
This is not just for Dublin based people..far from it. 
Not too much involved and email is a great thing.

I would also be willing to be involve in some capacity

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:33pm
super Dave and Ger K. would be both excellent nominations
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I think any of the following would be very beneficial

Maribor Kev
Deise316
Rolo
SuperDave
NewryRep
Hickster
Citizen
Drumcondra69er
GSpain
Freewheeler
NVidic

If people let those nominated know the story so they can pop  in here and state whether they are interested or not

I'd be happy to be involved.

"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 2:29pm
Green Forever must be worth a punt ! If the system fails he can dip into his own supply and dig a few lads out
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'm happy to be involved.

as am I though mon-thur could prove difficult
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 5:56pm
Not working at moment would be willing to get involved
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:48pm
Definitely happy to talk about where we're going with this. Only seeing it now.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:59am
Update here
Just touching 400 who have signed up

Newryrep 
Superdave Gerk
Hickster
Drumcondra69

All the above have been nominated and accepted to be part of a working group

Still waiting answers from Maribor Kev
Deise316
Rolo
Citizen
GSpain
Freewheeler
NVidic

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Update here
Just touching 400 who have signed up

Newryrep 
Superdave Gerk
Hickster
Drumcondra69

All the above have been nominated and accepted to be part of a working group

Still waiting answers from Maribor Kev
Deise316
Rolo
Citizen
GSpain
Freewheeler
NVidic

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic