You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Absolutely not trying to shoot down anybody. However, I am compelled by how the ‘representative fans’ met with a charade when we have a security officer who has abused and intimidated fans for years and a communications officer that refused in front of a Dail committee to disclose who asked him to release a statement in March.

It is sickening and the FAI should get no funding as long as these people are at the helm

What are you talking about? That post doesn't even make sense? 

The FAI still stand over these people. There is no reform and fans shouldn’t be engaging with such a toxic organisation. The government isn’t restoring funding to them and fans groups should follow the lead and run independently until such a time as there is reform.

Great security operation at the match last week by the new FAIClap

You specifically mentioned meeting a charade. Do you mean us meeting the same person that you met? 

No, the organisation is a charade. Noel Mooneys tenure is now up and his time is largely irrelevant. Is Foley going to step in and read the minutes of that meeting I wonder

You're still not making much sense, it's all a bit rambling. 

We weighed up whether to engage or whether to remain on the outside. We've set out our rationale for engaging in detail and that positon is overwhelmingly backed by the fans who signed up. We're far from comfortable with developments since and have been vocal about that. We said at the time that we would review our positon on an ongoing basis and are doing so.

I get that you love being a hurler on the ditch but it's hard to take it seriously when you specifically said you weren't taking your issue any further after being offered support yet continue to snipe on here. 

I respect the view of your members but I disagree with them. It seems like an FAI stroke to get you all onside knowing there are far deeper rooted problems with senior management. Surely at a fans meeting the Chief of Security/FLO should have been present to take any questions or concerns for example. Instead his absence posed more questions than answers. Conway’s bag man also not present. These are management of the FAI on Monday. Not Mooney.

Won’t go into the specifics but I have time on my side in terms of following up further. No rush on anything. 
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:59am

Absolutely not trying to shoot down anybody. However, I am compelled by how the ‘representative fans’ met with a charade when we have a security officer who has abused and intimidated fans for years and a communications officer that refused in front of a Dail committee to disclose who asked him to release a statement in March.

It is sickening and the FAI should get no funding as long as these people are at the helm

The FAI still stand over these people. There is no reform and fans shouldn’t be engaging with such a toxic organisation. The government isn’t restoring funding to them and fans groups should follow the lead and run independently until such a time as there is reform.

You specifically mentioned meeting a charade. Do you mean us meeting the same person that you met? 

No, the organisation is a charade. Noel Mooneys tenure is now up and his time is largely irrelevant. Is Foley going to step in and read the minutes of that meeting I wonder

We weighed up whether to engage or whether to remain on the outside. We've set out our rationale for engaging in detail and that positon is overwhelmingly backed by the fans who signed up. We're far from comfortable with developments since and have been vocal about that. We said at the time that we would review our positon on an ongoing basis and are doing so.

I get that you love being a hurler on the ditch but it's hard to take it seriously when you specifically said you weren't taking your issue any further after being offered support yet continue to snipe on here. 

I respect the view of your members but I disagree with them. It seems like an FAI stroke to get you all onside knowing there are far deeper rooted problems with senior management. Surely at a fans meeting the Chief of Security/FLO should have been present to take any questions or concerns for example. Instead his absence posed more questions than answers. Conway’s bag man also not present. These are management of the FAI on Monday. Not Mooney.

Won’t go into the specifics but I have time on my side in terms of following up further. No rush on anything. 

Happy to take this offline but you specifically told me that you weren't taking it any further. I believe you told Mooney the same when you met him. Fine if you've since changed your mind but that's what you told us. 

The rest of your post is full of conjecture, nothing more. Let's be honest, had we invited Conway and McGlue then you'd have been on here saying that proved we were sell-outs and fully in bed with them. You know that and so does anyone else reading.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 29 Nov 2019 at 10:12am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:34am

Happy to take this offline but you specifically told me that you weren't taking it any further. I believe you told Mooney the same when you met him. Fine if you've since changed your mind but that's what you told us. 

The rest of your post is full of conjecture, nothing more. Let's be honest, had we invited Conway and McGlue then you'd have been on here saying that proved we were sell-outs and fully in bed with them. You know that and so does anyone else reading.

The perception from anyone looking on including the Board and future CEOs will be now that everything is hunky dory with the fans and they must be happy senior management have retained their positions after years of misdemeanours. 

Perception is the key at this juncture and a call from fans groups for senior management to be turned over would work much better toward the revolution of Irish football we need. 

I don’t deal in conjecture but the FAI line that the chief of securitys multitude of abuses of power over the years and bullying of fans has been left as a matter for HR is certainly conjecture. 

A bit disingenuous to call me a ditch hurler. I don’t think there were many more as vocal on national airwaves from a fans point of view. But I’d rather be known as a ditch hurler than a ditch pig Big smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:51am

The perception from anyone looking on including the Board and future CEOs will be now that everything is hunky dory with the fans and they must be happy senior management have retained their positions after years of misdemeanours. 

Perception is the key at this juncture and a call from fans groups for senior management to be turned over would work much better toward the revolution of Irish football we need. 

I don’t deal in conjecture but the FAI line that the chief of securitys multitude of abuses of power over the years and bullying of fans has been left as a matter for HR is certainly conjecture. 

A bit disingenuous to call me a ditch hurler. I don’t think there were many more as vocal on national airwaves from a fans point of view. But I’d rather be known as a ditch hurler than a ditch pig Big smile

Some of us were calling JD out from the start. Others were happy to take the soup off him and pose arm in arm for photos with him once upon a time. That's certainly not conjecture. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:42pm
Lads take it somewhere else will yer .
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

No sweat Claret. Happy to acknowledge that like everyone I made poor judgments re. Delaney when I was young Smile

Learn from mistakes. The FAI could do with doing that

We’re all on the same page.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just me and Pip having some sh1t and giggles. Not to be taken too seriously, we're all good really. Thumbs Up
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
I hope the fans groups are considering making a statement today for the good of Irish football . 

Sentiment is unanimous. Time to do so ASAP

Time for fans voices to be heard at a pivotal time not wait for tennis balls in March
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:34am

I hope the fans groups are considering making a statement today for the good of Irish football . 

Time for fans voices to be heard at a pivotal time not wait for tennis balls in March

Let’s see the fallout from the Publishing of accounts and AGM. I’m sure there will be movement on the board level at least if reports are as bad as they are.

In addition, there will have to be a lot of soul searching at all levels of the game about how it got this bad and potentially from that some additional forum on the future of football administration should be one of main pillars and not just at board level

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:52am

Can't speak for other groups but we'll obviously be making a statement after the accounts are published. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:19am
Well done Tony it's clear your sentiment is with  what's good for the fans and what's good for Irish football for the future. Keep up the good fight and hopefully some day in the not too distant future the hard work from you and mandate group will pay off.

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 05 Dec 2019 at 10:21am
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:46am
fair play Tony something has to happen on the fai side or we will be going around in circles forever. 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:33pm

Can't speak for other groups but we'll obviously be making a statement after the accounts are published. 

Think today would be best for greatest impact but I’ll trust your judgment - hope the horse hasn’t bolted by then. Every politician in the country will be grandstanding tomorrow and statements could be lost amid the chaos. 

If Conway doesn’t announce he’s moving on tomorrow we’re goosed.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:09pm

Think today would be best for greatest impact but I’ll trust your judgment - hope the horse hasn’t bolted by then. Every politician in the country will be grandstanding tomorrow and statements could be lost amid the chaos. 

If Conway doesn’t announce he’s moving on tomorrow we’re goosed.

Would have to issue something after the accounts anyway, no point issuing something and then having to issue something else 24 hours, later.

Haven't any info but would be surprised if anything on that front is announced tomorrow, would expect if to go to the AGM. Just a gut feeling. 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:52pm
dead right to wait and see what comes out over the weekend. Digest what comes out and seek clarification  if needed. Then when your happy with everything work your magic.
Thanks for your time and dedication Tony.

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:16pm
To all members of the YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate,

As with many other stakeholders, the YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate are extremely concerned with the ongoing issues affecting the FAI and its impact on the sport across the country.

We were awaiting the publication of the KOSI report with interest and viewed that as an opportunity for the FAI and Sport Ireland to begin a new era of transparency as we try to discover exactly how poorly the organisation had been run over the last decade or more. 

While we appreciate that, if there was illegal activity taking place, it is right and proper that any individuals implicated should face appropriate sanction, the fact that the report remains unpublished means that we are still as in the dark about the circumstances that brought us to this point as we were at the start of the Governance Review Group process. This, in turn, has made it very difficult for the association to move forward and begin the path towards credibility.  

The accounts published today make for extremely grim reading and we are deeply concerned for the many good people working at grassroots level and the general staff of the FAI who are now facing into an uncertain future. We are examining the accounts in detail and it is reasonable to say that what has been published raises as many questions as it answers.

It has always been our belief that a complete clear-out of those who served on the board when the decisions that caused this situation were made is necessary and that remains our position. It is also imperative that the independent directors and chair requested in the GRG report are appointed as soon as possible and is very frustrating that this has yet to happen.

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 12:07pm
To all members

The YBIG Mandate Committee welcomes Thursday's announcement of the rescue package for the FAI. 

Since our last update, we have had consistent engagement with various stakeholders within football and Leinster House including an address by committee member Tony Considine to an Oireachtas briefing In December. 

We made clear that the need for further reform beyond what was detailed in the Governance Review Group (GRG) and job security for those staff who bore no responsibility for the current crisis in Irish football were paramount in our concerns. We are very pleased to see that those concerns are addressed within the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the FAI and the Department of Tourism, Transport and Sport issued this week.

Our committee also welcomes the appointment of the three independent board members and look forward to working with Catherine Guy, Liz Joyce and independent chairperson Roy Barrett in tandem with the existing board. The filling of the CEO and Deputy CEO role on an interim basis by Gary Owen and Niall Quinn should provide some stability on what is proving a very difficult journey. 

In relation to concerns raised by some members about how those positions were filled, we note that 'an open and transparent public recruitment process (with appropriate Sport Ireland involvement, to be agreed by Sport Ireland) for a new Chief Executive Officer (and Deputy CEO if a permanent Deputy CEO is envisaged)' forms part of the MOU and believe this transparency is essential for such appointments going forward. 

Tony was in attendance at last week's EGM and FAI Council meeting and we congratulate Gerry McAnaney on his election as FAI President until the 2020 AGM. 

However, we were extremely disappointed to discover that ourselves, along with the other 20 new Council members awarded seats by the GRG, were unable to vote in the Presidential election. When we queried this in advance of the meeting, we were informed that this was down to an 'oversight' which meant that, while the GRG recommended we be added to the Council list, it didn't specify that we should also be added to the larger AGM list. We expressed our dissatisfaction with this at the EGM and requested that be noted in the minutes.

As previously stated, our position is that the GRG was too rushed a process for the level of reform needed and anomalies such as this only reinforce this belief.  We have been told this issue will be addressed as part of a broader review of the association's rules and welcome the fact that such a review is a condition of the rescue deal. 

We are also encouraged to see that 'a revised travel and match ticketing (home and away) policy to be approved by the Board and agreed with the Governance Oversight Group' is included within the MOU and look forward to contributing to that process. A copy of the full MOU is avaialble below.

As usual, we ask members to encourage fellow supporters who may not have already signed up to the Mandate to do so. From a starting point of zero, we now have almost 700 supporters signed up. The more members we have, the louder our voice can be. Fans can sign on at the below link and if any any members wish to take a more active role, please get in touch.

Thank you for your continued support.

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee

Eoin Byrne

Tony Considine

Paul Dornan

Paul Hickey

Kevin McDaid

Siobhan O'Brien

Martin O Meara
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 12:14pm
thanks for all the info!
Great work by all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic