You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:33pm
There are still a small number of tickets left for the Supporters Forum in Lansdowne next Saturday if anyone wants to grab one before what's left are released to the general public tomorrow. 

If you to attend then either mail us at ybigmandate@gmail.com or else register direct at the below link.

We've also had a great response to the Fans Survey with almost 450 replies so far. It's still open at the below link if anyone hasn't completed it yet.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:32am
Thanks to those who registered for tomorrow's Fans Forum at Lansdowne, over 70 people will be in attendanceso there are less than ten tickets remaining.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/irish-football-supporters-forum-ybig-mandate-tickets-tickets-81067530165

The agenda is as below for those attending and anyone interested.

10 am Registration

2019 recap: A summary of the year to date, including how supporters are now represented at FAI Council level for the first time.

Discussion: 'Where is Irish Football today?'
A panel discussion hosted by WIll O'Callaghan (Off the Ball) with Noel Mooney, interim FAI general manager, Shane Supple (PFAI), Brendan Dillon (All-Island League group) and other relevant stakeholders

Supporter action: inspiration from Ireland and abroad

• Euro 2020 & Fan Embassies: How Fan Embassies can create a meaningful difference for all supporters away from home? - Presented by Ronan Evain of Football Supporters Europe with contributions from the YBIG team who steped in to run the Irish Fan Embassy in France during Euro 2016.

• Supporter Liaison Officers: A crucial role for international and LOI supporters.

• Best Practice: How dialogue between the league and supporters has transformed Swedish football.

• Can great League of Ireland match nights be transferred to the Aviva? How Bohemians reconnected with a disillusioned fanbase.

Breakout session: What are the next steps needed for supporters in Ireland? Discussion and actions list.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 10:13am
I can’t help but think this whole thing is a charade.

How did 2019 go? Well brilliant thus far - we have retained the Chief security officer that the Sunday Times claimed attempted to hack fans phones and has harassed fans for years.. supporter liaison officer - oh ye well that’s the same fella... fans embassies - yes that fella was in charge in France and didn’t bother turning up to run it in Lille.

Happy days new FAI in full flow Clap
King Neymar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 10:46am
Hope the room has been sweeped for bugs?

The old SLO what a guy LOLLOLLOL
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

Hope the room has been sweeped for bugs?

The old SLO what a guy LOLLOLLOL

The notorious Mr McGlue. 

A few days later, the agreement with the FAI was terminated by the FSE which subsequently listed YBIG as the service provider for the remaining two Ireland games on its website.

Edited by Pipkin - 16 Nov 2019 at 10:52am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

How did 2019 go? Well brilliant thus far - we have retained the Chief security officer that the Sunday Times claimed attempted to hack fans phones and has harassed fans for years.. supporter liaison officer - oh ye well that’s the same fella... fans embassies - yes that fella was in charge in France and didn’t bother turning up to run it in Lille.

That's not actually true though, is it? Where are you hearing he's the supporter liaison officer? You're more than welcome to come down and say your piece, door is open. Thumbs Up
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

That's not actually true though, is it? Where are you hearing he's the supporter liaison officer? You're more than welcome to come down and say your piece, door is open. Thumbs Up

What’s not true?? I don’t post mistruths. I have spent plenty of time this year trying to get to the bottom of the farce that the Sunday times unearthed around McGlue and his questionable emails with serving gardai and third parties and have not gotten an answer not conclusion that a fan could be satisfied with.  Until these matters are properly and transparently addressed for me the Continuity FAI remains in place and nothing has changed.

That “liaison officer” is the FAI’s head of security Joe McGlue. He, along with the association, has asked YBIG to form an official supporters’ club.

Edited by Pipkin - 16 Nov 2019 at 11:40am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:43am

What’s not true?? I don’t post mistruths. I have spent plenty of time this year trying to get to the bottom of the farce that the Sunday times unearthed around McGlue and his questionable emails with serving gardai and third parties and have not gotten an answer not conclusion that a fan could be satisfied with.  Until these matters are properly and transparently addressed for me the Continuity FAI remains in place and nothing has changed.

That “liaison officer” is the FAI’s head of security Joe McGlue. He, along with the association, has asked YBIG to form an official supporters’ club.

That story is 5 years old. There's no SLO in place at present far as I'm aware. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:48am

He is the latest SLO... 

Look, the FAI can do and say what they like and host all these conventions to create positive PR but they still can’t come out publicly and clarify stories around the current chief of security who has harassed and intimidated individual fans for years. 

But sure all is great again because John is gone

Edited by Pipkin - 16 Nov 2019 at 11:49am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:52am

He is the latest SLO... 

Look, the FAI can do and say what they like and host all these conventions to create positive PR but they still can’t come out publicly and clarify stories around the current chief of security who has harassed and intimidated individual fans for years. 

You not get any clarification in your clandestine one to one meetings with the top brass in there? Wink

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 16 Nov 2019 at 11:55am
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:00pm

He is the latest SLO... 

You not get any clarification in your clandestine one to one meetings with the top brass in there? Wink

Certain questions were answered, less clarified and plenty unanswered - for example, why I was the subject of an email from Mr McGlue to a Garda Inspector’s private gmail account last year and why there was an email exchange between Cathal Dervan, Joseph McGlue and Rea Walshe from May just gone that would suggest alterior motives were at play. Noel is well aware of my disappointment that these matters have yet to be resolved. 

Not to mention the evidence from the exchanges between McGlue and Delaney around my ban under false pretences that proves McGlue is as much of the problem as Delaney. No way can the FAI move on as long as he is there

Edited by Pipkin - 16 Nov 2019 at 12:03pm
trapdoortoni View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapdoortoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:41pm

He is the latest SLO... 

Certain questions were answered, less clarified and plenty unanswered - for example, why I was the subject of an email from Mr McGlue to a Garda Inspector’s private gmail account last year and why there was an email exchange between Cathal Dervan, Joseph McGlue and Rea Walshe from May just gone that would suggest alterior motives were at play. Noel is well aware of my disappointment that these matters have yet to be resolved. 

Not to mention the evidence from the exchanges between McGlue and Delaney around my ban under false pretences that proves McGlue is as much of the problem as Delaney. No way can the FAI move on as long as he is there
While the same security personal are in place who have been shown no respect for Irish fans how can anyone work with them? Days like today work towards a divide and conquer among fans , it can be nothing more than a plaster on a gaping wound that needs surgery. YBIG and individual fans have long protested against a lot of the treatment of fans and the wrong doing of personal inc JD. Irish fans are 80% rid of the people who have destroyed Irish football but let’s not be happy until 100% is gone 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 5:53pm

Taken from YBIG twitter. Joseph is the only man for the job
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:44am
I must say the security and organisation at the game was top notch. No crushing whatsoever. Who was the chief of security on the night? Should be given the freedom of Dublin with the remarkable feat.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:59am

I must say the security and organisation at the game was top notch. No crushing whatsoever. Who was the chief of security on the night? Should be given the freedom of Dublin with the remarkable feat.

There was a bit of a crush on the concourse at half time behind 114. Saw a woman been thrown by people pushing.

Thought the search well before the ground was a bit much too especially considering some people were being searched and others weren't. Held things up for a bit
Danger here, OH NO
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

There was a bit of a crush on the concourse at half time behind 114. Saw a woman been thrown by people pushing.

Thought the search well before the ground was a bit much too especially considering some people were being searched and others weren't. Held things up for a bit

True, how to get forbidden items into a game... Give them to children 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:26pm
were security issues addressed at the charade on Saturday? Is the standard of security we saw last night acceptable to the FAI? Amazing how one man has seen over this for near 20 years and it remains a debacle. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:33pm
Searches were grand, came 30 minutes early so was easier. Danish friend gave out stink though, he was late for game.

Seen one bloke drinking cans at his seat, so searches were not that thorough! Stewards caught him eventually (he wasn’t really hiding it).

Then i seen one very resourceful young buck who managed to jump through the turnstile at the right moment that he passed through with his mate off the one ticket and it was missed by all the stewards. Probably contributed to the overpacked 114 others have referred to

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Nov 2019 at 12:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic