You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG in the Rare Ould Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

YBIG circa 2009 - those were the days 😊😊

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down 

Jack Charlton 
Jack Charlton 

The lighter coloured grass is painted 

LOL

LOL LOL LOL

I believe she was a member before but it was only around early 2011 that the Count figured out how to reset passwords, so she had to make a new account when she forgot hers

Another great thing of the early years the lack of technical know how 

The Piss-up Artist Formerly Known as Sasa WinkLOL
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:42pm
She hasn't been posting since she got poisoned by the light green paint they spray the pitch with to makes the stripes
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

I haven't posted in a while due WhatsApp, and other ways to communicate to people. And a small few people here, I wouldn't give the time of day to if I met them on the street.
You don't give anyone the time of day ya grumpy f**k
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

We jumped the shark it seems around Euro2012 when a whole tidal wave of new arrivals came in.
The small 'away travellers forum' we had before made way for a huge football/travel advice forum for all those travelling to Poland. Our success became part of our downfall in a way.

Nail on the head. A definite influx of weirdos/spanners/stalkers since then.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Mr Stupid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm
I'm on here since it started. Saw the forum in one of the early fanzines. I think there were only about 60 users when I joined the forum. I've done a lot more lurking than posting over the years and couldn't say that it is much worse or better. There did used to be more threads after away trips looking back on the trip, photos and stories as well as comment on the match.
Stupid like a fox
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Mr Stupid Mr Stupid wrote:

I'm on here since it started. Saw the forum in one of the early fanzines. I think there were only about 60 users when I joined the forum. I've done a lot more lurking than posting over the years and couldn't say that it is much worse or better. There did used to be more threads after away trips looking back on the trip, photos and stories as well as comment on the match.

Half the problem these days is there is too many avenues of social media to be exposed on. For one instance if I'm renting out a property then the 1st thing I do is check them out online . If I'm employing someone then it's the same again . Check them out online and if you don't see what you like then that's it . And to be honest it worked both ways , on a rental I checked it out online and he was ideal but a right pain in the face - then another time taking a lad on to work ... I found out a few things and his previous employer was on to me super fast and saved me a lot of hassle.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 9:09am
Are you suggesting we do detailed background checks before permitting entry to ybig?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:48am
The Fanzines - That's where it all started for me. Have been living away since 2001 so my routine was always to come home for the game, go with my ould lad, pick up an fanzine and then read it on the flight back over here. I defo have some of them kept somewhere : Must have a look for them for the craic.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Are you suggesting we do detailed background checks before permitting entry to ybig?

only for mods or those applying to be modsTongue
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:02pm
I was indeed here before 2010 😂😂 bought a house and got up the duff in the past year so haven't had a minute to look at YBIG recently. Looking forward to wales in October now 😀
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Obviously not....otherwise Mr Stupid's upfront honesty would have precluded him from joining
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:55pm

I was indeed here before 2010 😂😂 bought a house and got up the duff in the past year so haven't had a minute to look at YBIG recently. Looking forward to wales in October now 😀

Up the duff, who said romance is dead?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:48am
Think we need a list of some sort. Not sure what about but that used to sort everything out...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:09am
Congratulations Sandra
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:06am
Due to sheer laziness I have not checked back on the few pages in this thread to see if its been mentioned, but one thing we dont see anymore are FAO [insert username] threads asking that member to delete some PMs. Good times indeed...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:08am
Followed by a post from Q ball asking what you were talking about
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:13am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Up the duff, who said romance is dead?

😅😅😅
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:14am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Congratulations Sandra

Nice wan 👍🏻
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic