You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG in the Rare Ould Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

We jumped the shark it seems around Euro2012 when a whole tidal wave of new arrivals came in.
The small 'away travellers forum' we had before made way for a huge football/travel advice forum for all those travelling to Poland. Our success became part of our downfall in a way.

But this thread wasn't so much to start reminiscing about the good old days and saying how great things were then. As was said, things evolve. We get older. And it's only natural new members join, some of which are a great addition!

It was more to welcome back any of our long lost pals, and to perhaps rekindle their interest a bit.
We need all the 'oldies' back on here to balance it all out a bit again LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

100% Agree, I remember when I first joined in late 2010 just before Slovakia away I think, you could spend hours in the Whatever section just laughing at Quey berating some poor f**ker who mistook something he said.

Then as you say we qualified for Poland and the whole brigade of bandwagons came on here looking for tickets or cheap places to enjoy the craic.

So, in other words, you loved the cyber bullying, and hated it once Muff joined?

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:24am
Saying things used to be better in the old days is a sure fire sign of getting old !

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

100% Agree, I remember when I first joined in late 2010 just before Slovakia away I think, you could spend hours in the Whatever section just laughing at Quey berating some poor f**ker who mistook something he said.

Then as you say we qualified for Poland and the whole brigade of bandwagons came on here looking for tickets or cheap places to enjoy the craic.

So, in other words, you loved the cyber bullying, and hated it once Muff joined?

Yep LOL
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Saying things used to be better in the old days is a sure fire sign of getting old !

Absolutely! These young pups have it easy now with this interweb thing. It's far from an online forum we were reared....LOL
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

We jumped the shark it seems around Euro2012 when a whole tidal wave of new arrivals came in.
The small 'away travellers forum' we had before made way for a huge football/travel advice forum for all those travelling to Poland. Our success became part of our downfall in a way.

But this thread wasn't so much to start reminiscing about the good old days and saying how great things were then. As was said, things evolve. We get older. And it's only natural new members join, some of which are a great addition!

It was more to welcome back any of our long lost pals, and to perhaps rekindle their interest a bit.
We need all the 'oldies' back on here to balance it all out a bit again LOL

Great post Steve

Alot of us have seen the forum grow from what it is was to what it is today and it's been because of ybig vast majority of us have got to know each other.

Some sections aren't as good as they used to be e.g. the whatever section and alot of the ROI section but on the flip side the travel section is a great addition.

Even with the likes of the whatever section there is still some good topics on it like the hurling thread of the mental health support topic.

I've had my own issues in the past and the people of ybig were a big reason why I got through them. That's what ybig is about it's not just a football forum for alot of people it's their football family and have made friends for life through it
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:35pm
How about a Real or Continuity YBIG?
Take our ball and piss off elsewhere?

YBBIG.  You Breakaway Boys In Green.  That'll learn them.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

How about a Real or Continuity YBIG?
Take our ball and piss off elsewhere?

YBBIG.  You Breakaway Boys In Green.  That'll learn them.

People seem to think that 2010 was around the peak on here so maybe you could call it "Spirit of 10" or something like that !
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:40pm
I haven't posted in a while due WhatsApp, and other ways to communicate to people. And a small few people here, I wouldn't give the time of day to if I met them on the street.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

I haven't posted in a while due WhatsApp, and other ways to communicate to people. And a small few people here, I wouldn't give the time of day to if I met them on the street.

Like who?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Like who?
Well YOU ,  that's one I would say HB Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:10pm

The Scientist LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The Scientist LOL

Actually no, I forgot about him, and never actually met him in person. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:14pm

Like who?

Not opening that can of worms.LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

YBIG circa 2009 - those were the days 😊😊

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down 

Jack Charlton 
Jack Charlton 

The lighter coloured grass is painted 

LOL

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

YBIG circa 2009 - those were the days 😊😊

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down 

Jack Charlton 
Jack Charlton 

The lighter coloured grass is painted 

LOL

LOL LOL LOL

I believe she was a member before but it was only around early 2011 that the Count figured out how to reset passwords, so she had to make a new account when she forgot hers

Another great thing of the early years the lack of technical know how 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 09 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm

Like who?

Not opening that can of worms.LOL

Like you said sure ye barely post on here so open that can and let the worms loose

Edited by drog addict - 09 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm
Chips don't bounce
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 3:00pm
we should resurrect the posters you don't want to meet thread
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic