You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG in the Rare Ould Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YBIG in the Rare Ould Times
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:00am
With the sadness surrounding the news of Bear his passing, it struck me with a bit of a feeling of nostalgia to see some of the longtime posters back on the forum again.
Some posters had not been online for months or even years, and though the reason for returning online is very sad, perhaps good can come from circumstances so sad.

At its prime, YBIG was a great place with some truly great posters and characters. And seeing many of the old-timers back on again made me think of the days when the Forum was nearly a fulltime job to keep up with.
The efforts shown by YBIG and its members in organising all sorts of charitable work and funds, the helping of fellow fans for all sorts of things, and the knowledge and background of Irish football were great. But perhaps more importantly; it was simply a lot of fun and banter to talk with like-minded Ireland fans!

It was like a mini-Facebook for Ireland fans, and I was (and am) proud to be part of it.

We're all a bit older now since the heyday, and of course situations change in work and family life. For many there simply isn't enough time to be talking sh*te online on a forum haha.
And for others it seems that certain events that unfolded over the course of the last 2-3 years has caused a bit if a rift between YBIG and fellow Ireland fans, but also within YBIG itself. It seems some have unfortunately chosen to stay away from the Forum due to certain posters or events.

Anyways, not to sound like a sentimental old git, but I hope that many that found their way back online again after a long hiatus might stick around again for good.

God knows certain sections could do with an influx of quality

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:06am
Bring back Nero, Daz & JohnnyCCFC
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:10am
Well said Steve . I was thinking the same when I seen some of the names that posted in Bear's thread . There is so many avenues now for people to connect i.e. Facebook and whatsapp groups but hopefully there will be a return of some posters who have stayed away for whatever reason .
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Bring back Nero, Daz & JohnnyCCFC

And that's just a handful of the colourful past of YBIG!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:49am
The whatever section certainly not the same since Q man left
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Was going to say this. 

There's only one man who can save it. One man. Sitting in Drogheda in his Anders Limpar pajama's.

He's the hero YBIG needs, but not the one it deserves.
@AntrimMan85
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Was going to say this. 

There's only one man who can save it. One man. Sitting in Drogheda in his Anders Limpar pajama's.

Would love to see a Quey Planning showdown   

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:56am

Was going to say this. 

Hasn't washed in months because of the water situation imagine the bang of him now!Dead
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:14am
Bring back Byrner!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:15am
No
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
What Dinny said. Tubes like that are the antithesis to the craic of the good old days.
@AntrimMan85
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Bring back Byrner!
f**k off
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:23am
To whatever extent Byrne may have contributed, it was a good while after the glory days
But he did at least get conversation and debate going lol
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:24am

Was going to say this. 

I'd say he's creaming his togs just reading this
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:48am
Justice for Justice
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Was going to say this. 

I'd say he's creaming his togs just reading this
Between this and the water situation in Drogheda, sounds like those Ander Limpar pj's must be in some state!  LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 1:57pm

Was going to say this. 

He might consider it seeing as Dundalk are out of Europe and out of contention for the league for the first time in a long time. 

Everything evolves though. Even Qman and the great Johnnyccfc might not save it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 1:59pm
The one thing bear had in abundance was the ability to sl*g and wind up with no malice whatsoever and to do it with a sense of mischief and that cheeky grin that sasa spoke about. We could all take a leaf from his book in that regard.
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic