You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Charities 2017 - Aoibheann's Pink Tie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YBIG Charities 2017 - Aoibheann's Pink Tie
    Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:19pm
Right folks, I'm delighted to announce that Aoibheann's Pink Tie and Shine are YBIG's chosen charities for 2013.  Both do fantastic work and we are looking forward to help them raise funds throughout the coming year. ClapClapClapClap

Aoibheann's Pink Tie

History of APT:
We are trying to build an organisation to support the families of children suffering the horror of childhood cancer, Aoibheann's Pink Tie is dedicated to the memory of our precious daughter and sister Aoibheann Norman. In all the events we held for Aoibheann during her brave battle against cancer we asked everyone to wear pink Ties to show their support for her, even when we had to say goodbye (Till we meet again).  Aoibheann's Pink Tie is a great way to remember our Darling Aoibheann, the pink for girls the tie representing boys, thanks for all the support please help us spread the word.

Mission of APT:
APT's primary focus is on helping the families of the children.  That means, whatever will lift some of the burden of everyday life, we will do.  This will allow them the ability to focus on their child and working through their illness.  Families are often lost in the mix a lot of times when children go through this battle, but its not just the child that gets cancer, its the whole family as each is affected and must struggle.  This could mean anything from rewiring a house to a fundraising event that will send the family on a holiday.  In the past we have done the little things like negotiated with mobile phone companies for free credit, to move a family to a donated house just so the child had an healthly warm environment to spend their last days.  We can also just be somebody to turn to.  Jimmy Norman, Aoibheann's father, is our primary spokesperson as he can speak directly to the families having lived through it himself.

All the families that we get involved in are referred through Jimmy (Aoibheann's Dad).  Either through the hospitals or through word of mouth from other families that APT has helped.

Our goal is to expand and grow APT into an official charity and a leading voice of support while people are going through their darkest hours.

Please Note: At this time, APT is not an officially recognised charity in Ireland.  We do however give 100% of everything we raise to the particular family we are helping at the time.

Facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aoibheanns-Pink-Tie/295884880424139

Shine - Supporting people affected by mental ill health

Shine is the national organisation dedicated to upholding the rights and addressing the
needs of all those affected by mental ill health, through the promotion and provision of high-
quality services and working to ensure the continual enhancement of the quality of life of the
people it serves. Shine supports people with mental ill health and their families in a number
of different ways.

Shine provides support groups nationwide for both people with self experience of mental ill
health and for family members and carers looking after someone with mental ill health.

Shine’s Realising Family Friendly Mental Health Services initiative supports families
and friends of those with mental ill health and promotes partnership in recovery. Relatives
have a dynamic and enduring relationship with their family and the potential for a person to
recover.

www.shineonline.ie

Edited by administrator - 06 Feb 2016 at 9:05pm
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 12:53pm
Lot of people suffering from mental ill health the last few years the way the country has gone - Great choicesClap
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 2:20pm
Shine
briandun View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briandun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 6:18pm
Great cause!
herbie View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:45pm
Is there a golf classic on this year ? if so any details yet ?
"its the best trip iv ever been on"
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by herbie herbie wrote:

Is there a golf classic on this year ? if so any details yet ?

Yeah Herbie, just working on venues and dates at the moment with M.50, will post up details in the next few weeks Thumbs Up
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 10:40pm
I'm running on St. Patricks Day in support of Aoibheann's Pink Tie.

Anyone who has ever been touched by Childhood Cancer knows that the battle involves the entire family. I can still remember the day that I got the news that one of my best friend's daughter Aoibheann was sick. Devastation is not nearly strong enough to describe it. Throughout her battle, she became more than just my friend, she became my Hero.

From her inspiration, Aoibheann's Pink Tie was born in her memory. 100% of the money raised goes towards supporting and providing practical help to any family while their child is fighting the battle to beat Cancer. In the past couple years APT has been growing leaps and bounds based on the brilliant work that they do. 2012 saw APT's affiliation with the Irish Cancer Society and Olympian Gold Medalist Katie Taylor agreeing to be APT's Ambassador.

This will be my first race since tearing my achilles tendon. Please support me in my fundraising for this wonderful charity. Go raibh mile maith agat. (Please share)

Donations Can be made here: http://www.idonate.ie/tommy4aoibheann

UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 9:15pm
great stuff Tommy ClapClapClap
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:57pm
Bump on This, Shine released their Green Ribbon Campaign todayHug
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
herbie View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:48pm
Golf ?
"its the best trip iv ever been on"
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:47pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 1:41pm
Donation just made to Shine (at NR's request) for tickets received with compliments from Newryrep Clap

Edited by McG - 03 Jun 2013 at 1:47pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Donation just made to Shine (at NR's request) for tickets received with compliments from Newryrep Clap
ClapClapClap
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 1:41pm
€2500 from fans match yesterday ClapClapClap
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 1:55pm
Smashing
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
alane View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 7:41pm
Another great job by YBIG
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by alane alane wrote:

Another great job by YBIG

Brilliant WorkClap
ITS KEANE YES

AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 10:15am
Lads, my job gave me a small cheque made out to Aoibheann's Pink Tie, but for the life of my I can't find an address on any of their websites to send it to. Does anyone who is in contact with them here have an address they can PM me?
played three, won one, lost two, scored none
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic