You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst & Most Dangerous Drivers on the Road ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who are the worst drivers you encounter on the road?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [13.64%]
6 [13.64%]
18 [40.91%]
11 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.82%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 12:02pm

Women are the worst offenders for talking on their mobiles while driving IMO

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

I would say the most dangerous drivers are white males between the ages of 19 to 25 and I reckon the insurance companies would agree with me but sure feck it why go for the obvious when you can have a pop at a few minorities.  

Yes but insurance companies cannot alter their premiums based on race/nationality as far as I'm aware...
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

I would say the most dangerous drivers are white males between the ages of 19 to 25 and I reckon the insurance companies would agree with me but sure feck it why go for the obvious when you can have a pop at a few minorities.  
thats is a statement from a non-driver if i ever heard one....

seen a cracker myself last week on the M1/M50 intercange a lad obviously took the m50 exit by accident, so proceeded to reverse backwards towards the m1..Confused
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:02pm

Has it not been reported that the reason premiums for young drivers are so high is because they're involved in more accidents?

Personally, I think the majority (not all) of taxi drivers flagrantly abuse the rules of the road just cos it's their livelihood, they constantly don't indicate when pulling in or turning, stop at the most ridiculous and dangerous of places, weave in and out of lanes with impunity and if you dare beep at them or look sideways at them, they give back a mouthful.  I dislike them intensely.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:06pm
more fatal accidents involving young men in the middle of the night, but as stoked up says in general, they are much more competent from mys experience, agree with you re taxi men, esp irish taxi men with the tricolour on their sign - Big smile

also drivers in dublin are pig ignorant, wouldnt let you out for love nor money
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

I could truly right a book on what I've seen in my 5 or so years in the job.

I think you should work on your spelling first big man!! Wink
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I could truly right a book on what I've seen in my 5 or so years in the job.

I think you should work on your spelling first big man!! Wink
LOL combination of fast typing and a 3 year old using me as a climbing frame. Of course I meant write a book
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:13pm
Practically anybody who drives a vehicle with southern plates
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:42pm
Cyclists, especially in Dublin. They don't give a fook. Go straight through pedestrian crossings ignoring red lights and expecting the people crossing the road to get out of their way. They go in the wrong direction on one-way streets, mount pavements when they want to, and then get very angry if anyone dares to step in the cycle lane. They cycle at speed on the inside of buses which are at their stops, forcing passengers to get out of the way when they are getting on or off. An absolute nuisance, who cause anarchy on the streets of Dublin. Thumbs Down

Now if they would only obey the rules of the road like everyone else it would be an entirely different matter...

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Cyclists, especially in Dublin. They don't give a fook. Go straight through pedestrian crossings ignoring red lights and expecting the people crossing the road to get out of their way. They go in the wrong direction on one-way streets, mount pavements when they want to, and then get very angry if anyone dares to step in the cycle lane. They cycle at speed on the inside of buses which are at their stops, forcing passengers to get out of the way when they are getting on or off. An absolute nuisance, who cause anarchy on the streets of Dublin. Thumbs Down

Now if they would only obey the rules of the road like everyone else it would be an entirely different matter...

On the money Emerald, Clap, a fookin nuisance is right and arrogant one on that, they can stick their helmets/ipods and whatever else up their collective holes.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Yellow number plates have nothing to boast about, it's either lightening fast driving or slow as a snail. I'd love to be able to post up footage of some of the antics of our British friends up the road.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:56pm

+1

they are shocking for pulling out last minute on the motorway when your speeding along(75mph all the wayWink) and have to slam the brakes on cause they dont know that a mirror is to be used to check for on coming cars
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:00pm
Women without a doubt!  In all seriousness, they are shocking drivers.

In fairness, it's all natural.. Their brains aren't cut out for driving.  Women have an awful sense of awareness compared to men.  They have a weak right side of the brain.  men have a weak left side of the brain and means we are less creative and less likely to locate.  (ye know when men are looking for something in a drawer and can't see what's right in front of them?  Happens all the time, because men's right side overrules the left side).  

Women are the opposite and have a sh*te sense of awareness, making them terribly frustrating on the road.  They never know what's around them, behind them etc.  They only concentrate on their own driving and they are awful to drive behind.  It ain't their fault - it's only natural.

But you can tell a female driver a half a mile behind their car.  No doubt about it!

People from other nationalities are quite slow on the road, but we are slow when we are driving in America or in Australia or France etc.  We are just more hesitant and careful.  It's to be expected.  Plus we learn to drive differently to other countries so it makes sense that other nationalities are slower.

Women, however, are just frustrating on the road - no doubt about it.  They just don't seem to know what's going on around them.

Women are better than men at other things, it evens itself out I suppose.  But when it comes to driving....men are much more considerate to other drivers and are much better at it.  It's just science!
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

+1

they are shocking for pulling out last minute on the motorway when your speeding along(75mph all the wayWink) and have to slam the brakes on cause they dont know that a mirror is to be used to check for on coming cars

on the money PK, mirrors are only to be used when touching up make up

Yellow number plates have nothing to boast about, it's either lightening fast driving or slow as a snail. I'd love to be able to post up footage of some of the antics of our British friends up the road.

well at least we all have licences LOL
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

On the money Emerald, Clap, a fookin nuisance is right and arrogant one on that, they can stick their helmets/ipods and whatever else up their collective holes.

Absolutely. I hate cyclists who dont know/follow the rules of the road. They are out in force at the moment in Galway and they are a bloody nightmare. My flatmate finds it hillarious being in the car with me if we are behind a cyclist that wont cop onLOLLOLEmbarrassed

Also old women drivers can be a nightmare. Had an absolute dopey cow behind me tonightThumbs Down
First Commander-Galway Regatta
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

+1

on the money PK, mirrors are only to be used when touching up make up

well at least we all have licences LOL
some of yous up there could'nt drive nails
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:27pm

Siralex made an interesting point about learning to drive there, now maybe it has changed a small bit since I did me test, but in my opinion, all we do in this country is learn how to pass a driving test, not learn how to drive. To give an obvious example, I did my test in a city centre. With the speed limits in cities, I dont think I got out of 3rd gear, or went over 30mph. (It was Mph back thenWink). Now, having sucessfully passed my test on a fine sunny day without exceeding 30mph, I was now free to take myself to the motorway at midnight in the pissing rain, and do 80mph. 

You dont have to be an experienced driver to know cars dont behave identically in the above situations, but we are quite happy to let fellas/women out on the road and let them find out for themselves. Always struck me as very odd.

The young males thing, statistically dangerous, but the majority of these accidents occur on deserted roads in the early hours of the morning, with speed being the major factor. Not necessarily bad drivers, but uneducated drivers. Hard to legislate against, the fact is road deaths have come down here because of the improving motorway network, as Citizen said, the safest place to be driving, not because of the Minister for transport, Gay Byrne or horrible ads on TV.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

jaysus  black women over 40 learning how to drive must have some premiums

yeah because they ask them on the form the colour of their skin....

Edited by Saint Tom - 05 Jul 2011 at 3:40pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic