Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst LOI Ground?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst LOI Ground?
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:44pm
?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:56pm
Oriel Park for an away fan anyway.

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:13pm
Did we not do this before? It's Oriel, close the thread.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:55pm
Dundalk.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:06pm
Finn ParkLOL But kind of the best in a way!
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:14am
Drogheda
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:15am
The Home of Football, Oriel!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:22am
How's Tolka Park these days? I thought it was a fine ground back in the late 90's. Last time I was there was Shels v Rosenberg in CL qualifiers in 2000. I've heard it's not the best now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:31am
Most clubs cant really post here, with very few exceptions but toilet facilities for females at away grounds are apauling, never mind needing a baby changing facilities. Recently at dalymount a request was made by one of our board of management to see if a female supporter could have access to the jodi stand to use the toilet facilities, gardai rightly imo refused this request on the security grounds. I think club licencing (lol) should have a look at this going forward where portaloos are no longer acceptable, there should be seperate male, female, and wheelchair accesable toilets with toilet paper, warm water and soap. Its 2017 after all
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:54am
ALL with the exception of Tallaght.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I hate Tallaght, absolutely soulless, wind whips through it, too far from the pitch, give me an old kip with a bit of atmosphere any day
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:36am

I would hate to have to go there every second week.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:50am
Dungawk
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:53am
It's Drogheda, has to be. In an ideal world with the 10 team league the likes of Oriel and United Park wouldn't get a license and they'd have to play somewhere decent until they were at at acceptable level. At least Dundalk seem to be making an effort now in that regard.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I hate Tallaght, absolutely soulless, wind whips through it, too far from the pitch, give me an old kip with a bit of atmosphere any day

+1
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:58am
Drogheda its an absolute sh*thole on every level especially their toilets which are sub human.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:01am
Whatever about atmosphere in grounds, the view for away fans is appaling everywhere bar Tallaght and Turners Cross.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

How's Tolka Park these days? I thought it was a fine ground back in the late 90's. Last time I was there was Shels v Rosenberg in CL qualifiers in 2000. I've heard it's not the best now.

Gone to sh*te a capacity of once around 10,000 is now down to about 2,000. Ballybough end is sinking and can't be used anymore toilets fit for dogs the groundshare divides opinions but in all honesty can't keep playing in an in unfit for purpose stadium and with simply no funds to build a new ground there simply isn't an option. Bohs will enjoy their time in Tolka for what could be the next 5 years.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic