You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Job
    Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:20pm
What is the worst job you ever had of did, I worked with a carpenter for few weeks hated I did, never bothered going back. Also work in hotel the job was grand just everyday was a spilt shift.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:26pm
Telesales. I felt dirty after every call. I lasted just over a week. Some guy sitting beside me flogged broadband to a women in her 80s. She didnt have a clue what she was buying and probably didnt even have a computer. I quit about an hour after. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:31pm

Got a temp job in a library a few years ago, think i stuck it a week and a half. Wanted to quit after 2 days but stuck it out an extra week as i needed money for a Celtic Rangers game the following week.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Telesales. I felt dirty after every call. I lasted just over a week. Some guy sitting beside me flogged broadband to a women in her 80s. She didnt have a clue what she was buying and probably didnt even have a computer. I quit about an hour after. 

I would have thought talking bullsh*t was right up your street
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Sold insurance door to door,cold calling for about 6 months.I really can't think of a worse job.

I didn't do too well and made fcuk all (probably enough to pay for my petrol) but plenty on my team made loads and would brag about ripping off some old lad and selling him the full monty.Good looking young ones preying on lonely country folk.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:36pm
Selling people loans who didn't need them or were going deeper into debt while working in a bank.

I'm glad I don't do that anymore.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:38pm
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:40pm
Working as one of the lads who fills up yer car in the local petrol station. Was a pretty quiet neighbourhood though, so you might get a car every 15/20 mins or so - if that. Comfortably the most boring job I've ever had anyway.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:48pm
done a day on a chadwicks delivery truck
delivered 200 fire grade plaster boards to DCU, no lift in the building so had to hall them 1 by one up 3 flights of stairs.
as it was my 1st day i didnt bring gloves,
that was only 1 of 5-6 deliveries that day
didnt go back for 2nd day

Edited by Huggybeer - 11 Jan 2013 at 2:48pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Working as one of the lads who fills up yer car in the local petrol station. Was a pretty quiet neighbourhood though, so you might get a car every 15/20 mins or so - if that. Comfortably the most boring job I've ever had anyway.

My second worst job,working in a petrol station through an Irish winter.Since i was the new young lad my job was hand and spray washing cars.A steady line of cars all day,wet from the moment you started,constantly fcuking freezing.I used to look over in envy at the lads who would be filling the cars,Lucky fcukers i though,one day I'll get to that level! Never didLOL
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:55pm
I worked in a factory in Cologne, great money but lots of Turkish who were extremely disrespectful of women. One day we had to take off a blue lid and put on a pink lid of 5000 jars, an error from the previous day. I also another day had to stand on top of a machine with a hammer and bang it whenever the powder blocked, a clock on either side of me.
1St and last factory work I did. Good Bobs so a nice trip to Prague at the end.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:02pm
I was the dude with the mop in a peep show .
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

My second worst job,working in a petrol station through an Irish winter.Since i was the new young lad my job was hand and spray washing cars.A steady line of cars all day,wet from the moment you started,constantly fcuking freezing.I used to look over in envy at the lads who would be filling the cars,Lucky fcukers i though,one day I'll get to that level! Never didLOL

There was no-one washing cars in this place so I couldn't even enjoy watching another person's misery! LOL

Actually that was the most boring job, but the worst job I did I only lasted a single day. I was over in the States for a summer and couldn't get a job anywhere. Ended up working for some dodgy Hungarian lad who drove around in a white van doing cheapo DIY jobs basically. The day I worked we were demolishing a tiny bathroom (room was about the size of a large toilet cubicle and it was 27c or so outside). At about 2 o'clock he asked me if I wanted lunch or just to go home half an hour early - snapped the early leaving option as I'm pretty sure I was suffering from mild heat stroke at the time. When he dropped me off afterwards, he was like "Ok, I'll pick you up here tomorrow at 8", to which I replied "Not a hope - just pay me for today and then I'll be off." He started laughing thinking I was taking the piss, but he soon copped it when he saw I wasn't smiling back!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:40pm
Now we have had this one before but still I say that when I was picking chickens in Isreal was by far the worst job I ever had . Had to pick 5 in one hand and 4 in the other then ram them into a cage . The whole shed had to be cleared 20,000 in a 2 to 3 hour shift .
Can't think of anything that comes close to as bad as that , but then again I have never worked for Hornet which I have been told is the pits . Thumbs Down
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:55pm
WTF were you doing in Israel picking chickens?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:57pm
McDonalds when I was 16, In Nutgrove shopping centre was pretty bad, with the Travellers on one side and just a load of other general scum on the other. Everyday coming in and blocking the toilets and the sinks in the jacks up and just causing all sorts of trouble.. I'd have to go in with a mop and clean it all up, f*ckin nightmare.

Saved up the 600 quid I needed for a holiday and left after about 6 weeks. 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

WTF were you doing in Israel picking chickens?

he wasnt a chicken plucker he was a chicken pluckers son, and only plucking chickens til the chicken plucker comes
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was in a peep show .

Worst I've ever done was clean buses for Dublin Bus. Found a syringe down the seats at back of the upper deck on day 1. Jacked it in.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic