You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst genre of Music In Your Opinion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:23pm
Some great band names though! LOLLOL
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:33pm
Rap is the worst genre. I wouldn't even classify it as ''music''

Edited by grannyrule - 07 May 2017 at 10:34pm
The only way is up
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:17pm
To be fair 90% of all music genres are pure sh*te and its that 90% that honestly let the the 10% of good talent down.
Chips don't bounce
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:41pm
Keep it country!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 07 May 2017 at 11:42pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:44pm
Irish Trad diddly eye is sh*te. No tune at all
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:49am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

For the sheer ubiquity of it, it must be Rn'B. The modern various versions are just generic complete sh*te, and fill our commercial radio stations 24 hours a day.

Hunty mentioned 'country' and I'm presuming he meant the likes of Garth Brooks and other such redneck sh*te, and while I agree that type of stuff is truly awful, country music is a very broad scope, you couldn't put that crap alongside Johnny Cash (also broadly a 'country' singer) or even, to give an example of a more modern twist on it, the likes of First Aid Kit. 

Rn'B hasn't really moved on much since the days of Stevie Wonder, other than lads adding a bit of rap type stuff, or a heap of synthesisers, or generally some Louis Walsh type boyband thinking & singing as if they are from the 'hood, even if that 'hood is a vaguely middle class housing estate in Galway. 

Then again, I'm a bit old fashioned like that, if the fcukers aren't playing musical instruments ( a keyboard doesn't count) it isn't really music to me, unless they are at something exceptionally catchy or musically innovative. 

Nope, all of it Minty, the whole f*ckin lot of it annoys me. Although saying that, back when I was a very little fella I (allegedly) was a big fan of Garth Brooks. To this day, I play the 'can't remember it, didn't happen' card
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:02am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Electronic is my favourite type of music but I'll be the first to admit 99% of it is complete sh*te.

Country music is terrible as well . I like jazz but after 20 minutes of it I'm done   
Can't handle jazz, more because of the type of **** who listens to it, although the music itself is bollocks. I think Noel put it better than I ever could.
"Jazz is musical w**king" - Jimmy Rabbitte

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Hunty mentioned 'country' and I'm presuming he meant the likes of Garth Brooks and other such redneck sh*te, and while I agree that type of stuff is truly awful, country music is a very broad scope, you couldn't put that crap alongside Johnny Cash (also broadly a 'country' singer) or even, to give an example of a more modern twist on it, the likes of First Aid Kit.

That's a fair point - however if we are able to localise the genre on to just the Garth Brooks type sh*te then that gets my vote.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 10:05am
Irish Country and Western

To be differentiated from Johnny Cash etc as mentioned.

Seems to be mainly people from Tyrone and Mid Antrim singing awful banal rubbish in fake southern US accents. The main purpose of which seems to be to make oneself as attractive as possible to ones sister.
@AntrimMan85
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:02am
Jazz.....absolute sh*te
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:24pm

Not death metal, but there was an Irish covers band called Fisted Sister
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Not death metal, but there was an Irish covers band called Fisted Sister
Better than Preschool Tea Party Massacre or Barbed Wire Condom and their smash hit 'Cervexecution'? Deep Fried Abortion, Goatwhore and Prostitute Disfigurement are other crackers.

Crucif**ks was another great name for a band, a bloody good band too!They were punk rather than death metal though.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:48pm
Hip hop/R & B/gangsta rap/House/trance general DJ thump thump mixes. Anything that requires cocaine and a gun or an e tab or dose of acid to give it any relevance.
Wouldn't be mad into Cleo Laine type jazz but don't dislike all types.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:35pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSKQR0k6tUY

That was a great tune, although you need the power motor on the jaw for it. Sesame's Treat was another favourite for that sort of behaviour.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSKQR0k6tUY

Quality tune, never heard it, good start to the video. 

Must go raving again, great craic. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:26pm

Death metal and the like, when you remove the comedy value your left with nothing but really bad music. 

Metal bands might have rock but they ain't got no roll. 

A horrible genre of music. 

In its furious urge to display uber-machoness, it displays hilariously unintentional gay undertones.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Death metal and the like, when you remove the comedy value your left with nothing but really bad music. 

Metal bands might have rock but they ain't got no roll. 

A horrible genre of music. 

In its furious urge to display uber-machoness, it displays hilariously unintentional gay undertones.
Like Judas Priest?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic