You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst EPL ref?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: As it says - who in your opinion is the worst?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
5 [20.83%]
2 [8.33%]
9 [37.50%]
3 [12.50%]
1 [4.17%]
4 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst EPL ref?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:44pm
After a few high profile squabbles of late involving ref's got me to thinking who's the worst of them?

Most clubs reckon one ref favours an opposing club i.e scousers thinking webb favours man u (just an example of what I mean)

Would have to be yer man Foy for me as he has been woeful ever since he came to my attention back in 2003 2001 when he denied United at least one blatant penalty v Forest and his feud with NW has carried on all these years and reared its head in the epl again this year - long before he ruined the fa cup game the other day

*Couldnt think of an 8th as the likes of Lee Mason/M.Oliver I reckon are quality ref's in the making but feel free to stick one up if ye's feel they are worthy

Edited by PhilliyK - 13 Jan 2012 at 11:45pm
Sponsored Links

jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 12:42am
Foy. No poll required imo. He is a disgrace to the game. 

It's Jack Shat
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 3:41am
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

Foy. No poll required imo. He is a disgrace to the game. 

Foy is a poor ref though I think Webb and Marriner are also dreadful.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:53pm
Interesting!!

Shaun Derry dives in much like Kompany last week though the 2nd leg doesnt follow through just as much but he makes contact(lots of it) with Cabaye's ankle and Chris Foy has the yellow card straight out Confused
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:08pm
Mark Clattenburg wins it for me, Atkinson not far behind tho
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:11pm
Howard Alex Ferguson WebbThumbs Up wins my vote as the worst
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm
Although not part of the poll and was reffing in the epl not so long ago, by far the worst i seen was uriah rennie
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
He was poor! I think injury ended his career at  the top level
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Although not part of the poll and was reffing in the epl not so long ago, by far the worst i seen was uriah rennie
Yes, when Uriah was on the pitch the match seemed to be more about him that the players.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Yes, when Uriah was on the pitch the match seemed to be more about him that the players.
sorry double post

Edited by bann the tolls - 15 Jan 2012 at 4:32pm
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:33pm
First person to send off Alan ShearerLOL
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:35pm
Think he got a demotion for his performances, he really was all about himself
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:36pm

It was injury that cost him, but it was probably a good excuse to get rid of him

Cornerstone View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornerstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:58pm
Chris Foy for me but Webb is a close second, think Probert is a very good ref 
mickeyk6 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyk6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 3:38pm
Clattenberg.

Off topic but anybody aware of the current Jeff Winter saga? 
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 7:05pm
If you are going to go back in time, there is always Graham '3 yellows and you're off' Poll, or Mike 'the hen' Riley, not to mention David 'the schoolmaster' Elleray, all of whom took refereeing incompetence to a new level. There's no doubt that the right man is leading this poll though...

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 7:55pm
Clattenburg hands down 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:16pm
Martin Atkinson
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic