Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst EIRE home/away jersey since 1980?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst EIRE home/away jersey since 1980?
    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:12pm
2004 -2006 Umbro home one for me

Image result for ireland football shirt 2005
Image result for ireland football shirt orange

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:24pm
I’d go for the home and away jersey from 2000. The home jersey we wore away to the Dutch in the 2-2 draw. The away jersey we wore away to Estonia in 2001.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:42pm
If you've ever owned that orange away kit you can consider yourself a die hard ireland supporter with little regard to you own public wellbeing.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
Even though it brings back bad memories i always kinda liked that orange kit.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm
Hate to 2016 euro home, perhaps because there were so many fakes but I dread that jersey.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm
Euro 2012 was one of the worst imo.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:42pm
any one since 2010 that isn't the 2010 one Thumbs Up

1 sponsorless long sleeve - Thumbs Up

1 sponsorless short sleeve - Thumbs Up

1 sponsorless long sleeve still in its packaging - Thumbs Up

Edited by Newryrep - 18 Sep 2019 at 10:44pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:15am
Euro 2012 home kit was horrible, actually really liked 2016 one
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:31am
Surely the 2016 black/white one has to be the worst purely because it was never ever worn and quickly replaced with a pure white one.

The women's wore it a few times but the fact they charged €70 for a jersey for it to never be worn by the men's team has to up there.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:52am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Surely the 2016 black/white one has to be the worst purely because it was never ever worn and quickly replaced with a pure white one.

The women's wore it a few times but the fact they charged €70 for a jersey for it to never be worn by the men's team has to up there.
That was the third jersey, I know a few lads who bought it and it’s just like a training top it’s horrible. The 1998-2000 away black jersey was never worn either but I think it’s a lovely jersey.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

That was the third jersey, I know a few lads who bought it and it’s just like a training top it’s horrible. The 1998-2000 away black jersey was never worn either but I think it’s a lovely jersey.

It came out atleast half a year before the white one so it was advertised as the 'away' one Ouch

Actually think its a nice top, saw the many criticisms about it looking like a training top alright, it's not the greatest but it's not an eye sore either.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:50am

It came out atleast half a year before the white one so it was advertised as the 'away' one Ouch

Actually think its a nice top, saw the many criticisms about it looking like a training top alright, it's not the greatest but it's not an eye sore either.

the black one with the green stripe across it was a great top, must of been around 2012? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:04am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

the black one with the green stripe across it was a great top, must of been around 2012? 
Our most successful jeresy LOL

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Likewise. And because it was only worn once - in a shambolic loss to Macedonia - there's almost a bit of a cult classic vibe to it.

The best home jerseys are the Italia 90 one, the WC98 qualifying campaign one, the WC2002 one and the Euro2016 one.

The best away jerseys are the Italia 90 one, the Euro96 qualifying campaign one and the Euro2016 one.

The worst jersey, by some distance, has to be the Euro2012 home one. Absolute bang of TE off it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Likewise. And because it was only worn once - in a shambolic loss to Macedonia - there's almost a bit of a cult classic vibe to it.

The best home jerseys are the Italia 90 one, the WC98 qualifying campaign one, the WC2002 one and the Euro2016 one.

The best away jerseys are the Italia 90 one, the Euro96 qualifying campaign one and the Euro2016 one.

The worst jersey, by some distance, has to be the Euro2012 home one. Absolute bang of TE off it.

That's exactly what I thought when it first came out. N.I. 93 jersey.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:36am
I’ve always struggled to like anything with the crest introduced in 2004.

Why did we get a new crest then?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’ve always struggled to like anything with the crest introduced in 2004.

Why did we get a new crest then?
Agreed. It’s horrendous.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:49am

2012 You needed a head like a ferret to get into this . Worst by far
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic