Worst accent in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 6:16am

Fuk me how cud i forget the wickla accent

what part of wicklow?! Bray be different to Greystones which would be very diff to Arklow and so on and so on!
Metal Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 7:23am

Fuk me how cud i forget the wickla accent
Wicklow town I presume. Woeful accent, sounds like a slowed down Dub accent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 7:40am
Munster [Cork,Kerry,Limerick]
Craptown
skanger dublin
scummer drogheda
athlone

Edited by The Q Man - 31 Jul 2011 at 7:41am
weelout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weelout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 7:44am
drogheda
ah sure it wil b grand in d mornin
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 7:54am

Craptown
skanger dublin
scummer drogheda
athlone

Cant be putting Cork, Limerick, and Kerry togheter under Munster in fairness, Kerry is well different to Limerick, and Cork is like nothing else on the island so bad judgement there amigo.

Worst accent for me is Kerry though, the Healy-Rae type one, f**king hell is that a cat accent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Craptown
skanger dublin
scummer drogheda
athlone

Cant be putting Cork, Limerick, and Kerry togheter under Munster in fairness, Kerry is well different to Limerick, and Cork is like nothing else on the island so bad judgement there amigo.

Worst accent for me is Kerry though, the Healy-Rae type one, f**king hell is that a cat accent.

why their all in munster and their all terrible

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:46am
Don't think Cork and Limerick accents are too dissimilar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:07am
As someone else has already pointed out, how every single person hasn't said the Cork accent is beyond me...
superdfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:59am

Drogheda and a dundalk cooley accent heyyy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:10am
whats a dundalk cooley accent? Confused

Sloop John G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 1:24pm
Evidently, nobody has ever been in Sligo.
superdfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:07pm

whats a dundalk cooley accent? Confused
Awwk sue ya no yusef hey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:11pm
Derry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:15pm
Tuam, but it's not really an accent it's a different language.
Siralex View Drop Down

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:55am
Gotta laugh at the saddos saying the Dublin accent. People around the world adore the Fublin accent. Always voted the sexiest accent in the world and the amount of birds around the globe that cling to ye when they hear you speak is - without exaggeration - phenomenal! Genuinely. The Dublin accent is a babe magnet - no doubt about that! I'm sorry that some culchies like to think of it as the worst - but really, why would we give a sh*t' what you think whilst we're getting so much pussy just because of our accent!

Anything any culchies say against Fublin can always be put down to jealousy and bitterness!

Worst accent in Ireland? Cork - without a doubt. I hatecthe thought of people from Cork being anywhere in the world and telling people they're from Ireland. Cringe!

O/J.
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
seaniemac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Gotta laugh at the saddos saying the Dublin accent. People around the world adore the Fublin accent. Always voted the sexiest accent in the world and the amount of birds around the globe that cling to ye when they hear you speak is - without exaggeration - phenomenal! Genuinely. The Dublin accent is a babe magnet - no doubt about that! I'm sorry that some culchies like to think of it as the worst - but really, why would we give a sh*t' what you think whilst we're getting so much pussy just because of our accent!

Anything any culchies say against Fublin can always be put down to jealousy and bitterness!

Worst accent in Ireland? Cork - without a doubt. I hatecthe thought of people from Cork being anywhere in the world and telling people they're from Ireland. Cringe!

O/J.
Think you're mistaken a Dublin accent for an Irish one SA! Most foreigners only hear the Irish accent, it's only Irish people or people who live at home that can distinguish between the counties.
A skanger Dublin accent is shocking but so is some bogger accents.

Edited by seaniemac - 01 Aug 2011 at 5:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

O/J.

yeah its hard to beat the Fubs LOL

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Aug 2011 at 5:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:34am
I don't know SA. My accent has always worked for me, although I am from West Cork and our accent is different to the City boys. In fact if my current missus asks me to say genuinely, veterinarian or pedestrian again I have threatened to leave!! I suppose some people like certain accents. Always loved the Welsh,Scots, Derry and Donegal,accent. The Brummie and Glasgow ones always make me laugh and New Zealanders always sound like camp Ozzies. All accents from the Southern States irritate me, although I cannot see Tom Hanks without attempting a Forrest Gump impersonation. Regarding the Non-English speaking world, the Spanish accent on a girl can lead to a serious trouser truncheon.
Think Seanie is correct in that non Irish birds love our Irish accent and long may it continue!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>