Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worldcup going Green

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by totti totti wrote:

Was talking to a lad who's in sports retail over the weekend.
Was saying all addidas shirts for the WC will be 45 euro.
But all Nike will be 62 euro.
I asked why the difference, because they're made from recycled glass, so they cost less to make, but are green, so they charge you more Wacko

I asked if there was a discount on the jersey if I brought in 100 bottles for recycling, apparently not.

These jerseys only cost a few quid to make. I would even say that the ones made of the plastic bottles cost more due to a more complicated production process. But we get robbed blind by Nike, Adidas etc when they sell them at 60 or so euro. Ridiculous profit margin these guys make.
And you're right, half the time they just charge you extra for the sake of it, just because it has a 'green' label...
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sponsored Links

totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 10:17am
Was in Lifestyle yesterday, looking at the netherlands Away shirt which is made from the recycled water bottles.

Not a whole lot of difference between this and normal shirts.
You could say that the shirt is 99% nylon, and the 1% is the plastic bottle crap.
If they showed how the jerseys were made I'd be convinced, but by the jersey, it looks sh*te.

Addidas Gear is quality, spain retro top is made from the same material they made those candy liverpool jerseys from Thumbs%20Up
Argie away jersey is lovely as well.
samscafe View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samscafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 12:50am
they turn the plastic bottles back in to oil and then turn that oil back into a synthetic fibre
Certain mods are complete wankstains
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 5:24am
Originally posted by samscafe samscafe wrote:

they turn the plastic bottles back in to oil and then turn that oil back into a synthetic fibre

Lets hope no flares get near them shirts if they are made from oil   
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic