You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World War 3 USSR v USA/Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:56pm
All you need to know,short and well informed.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3727471.htm
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Brilliant!! 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I said this before on this thread but it's like this,
Every year the US and Korean forces do joint military drills at this time.Every year the North threatens all sorts of sh*te.This year it gets a bit more attention as its the young lads first year in charge and he's flexing his muscles.End of.

Says Kimbap from the safety of his nuclear bomb shelter.......

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:38pm
Dont know if i said it on here or twitter but Kim Jong-Un is pissed in that gif. There is a distinct possibility that after his aul lads death and not having a real mother he has hit the booze straight after. He is 28/29, there is no way somebody of that age can lead a country without it effecting him. I think he has gone all King Joffrey on it.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 9:06am

Thing is, it's not far off the truth.

Most analysts are saying that any bomb that they have so far has only half the yield of the Hiroshima bomb and it'd take 4 years minimum to be able to put it on top of a rocket that'd have any ICB capabilities or accuracy.

They're just dick-swinging although they could f**k Seoul up rightly.Ouch

How do you reckon they could get at Seoul?
Highly advanced missile interception systems in place.More on the way in the shape of US navy.
About 100,000 US troops in immediate area and one Major aircraft carrier there permanently ( probably more with the heightened tensions) and can have more again in no time.
No chance of a ground assault as the DMZ is 4 km wide and full of landmines,plus they'd be crushed at the border anyway.A marine landing? google the capabilities of their landing craft they photo shopped (so bad it's funny)

Everyone of my mates in Korea on fb today laughing at the sensationalist coverage this is getting in the west (except one or two clowns who want to make it look like they are living in a warzone)

I said this before on this thread but it's like this,
Every year the US and Korean forces do joint military drills at this time.Every year the North threatens all sorts of sh*te.This year it gets a bit more attention as its the young lads first year in charge and he's flexing his muscles.End of.

Just that no missile defense system is impenetrable, at least not SK's own PATRIOT system. The yank ones there now are top notch apparently though.

I agree completely. Just the young'fla doin a bit of rattling.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 12:10pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
time lapse of every nuclear explosion since 1945
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The Chinese and Russians believe in a policy that whatever happens inside one state has nothing to do with another. They believe that as long as the North Koreas don't attack first, they are doing nothing wrong.

Ukraine

+1

Have you ever heard of the terms "Iron Curtain" and "puppet governments". Pity the Russians didnt have that policy when they were communist. Under Putin they're as bad as they ever were, they're just a bit more sly about it these days

Russia and the USSR are not the same country. Russia and China do not want regime change under any circumstances.

As another poster said. Ukraine? Putin is a bad bastard. Awhile ago the founder of a newspaper that criticized the government was blasted to death outside his office in Moscow. Whether it's the U.S., Russia or China they're equally as bad as each other imo
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 6:06pm
They have a sphere of influence but they don't enter countries like the yanks.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 6:11pm

would agree with ya there. They're more hidden about it. Tbh corkery any superpower like those 3 will always have interests all over the world. George Galloway hits the nail on the head about this kind of stuff
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 6:17pm
The fact is it would be impossible to stop an artillery bombardment on Seoul. The north could fire literally thousands of bombs at Seoul without any great difficulty and there is no way they could be stopped. It would be completely scattergun but it would cause a LOT of damage. They could even lob an aul nuke if they wanted to.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:09pm

Only disputed territory's and to "assist" one side Tongue but your point stands that they would rather watch from a position of influence and protect their own interests rather than direct involvement
Polcia View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Ybig's resident Doctor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:54pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The fact is it would be impossible to stop an artillery bombardment on Seoul. The north could fire literally thousands of bombs at Seoul without any great difficulty and there is no way they could be stopped. It would be completely scattergun but it would cause a LOT of damage. They could even lob an aul nuke if they wanted to.

Where are you getting this from?
One move like that from the North and there would be pinpoint airstrikes in seconds from the S Koreans (who have seriously advanced air power) as well as the US who have the best.They have two major air bases in Korea (Osan and Kunsan) Also have three  Air Forces Bases in Japan in Misawa,Yokota and a massive one in Kadena.Not to mention the carriers in the area.And that just the reaction from the air which really would be a matter on less than 5 mins.
         The North are well aware of all this and know that any thing from them would be the end of their country.They are not stupid.The same generals are around that were around when Kim Jung Ill was running the show.The younger Kim is showing to his people that he is tough and not a fat baby faced 30 year old.There is always high tensions at this time of year on the Korean peninsula.It doesn't always get this kind of coverage,they've ramped it up a bit this year and the media has gone berserk.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:12pm

The Chinese and Russians believe in a policy that whatever happens inside one state has nothing to do with another. They believe that as long as the North Koreas don't attack first, they are doing nothing wrong.

Ukraine

+1

Have you ever heard of the terms "Iron Curtain" and "puppet governments". Pity the Russians didnt have that policy when they were communist. Under Putin they're as bad as they ever were, they're just a bit more sly about it these days

Russia and the USSR are not the same country. Russia and China do not want regime change under any circumstances.

As another poster said. Ukraine? Putin is a bad bastard. Awhile ago the founder of a newspaper that criticized the government was blasted to death outside his office in Moscow. Whether it's the U.S., Russia or China they're equally as bad as each other imo

In what way?

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:16pm

One move like that from the North and there would be pinpoint airstrikes in seconds from the S Koreans (who have seriously advanced air power) as well as the US who have the best.They have two major air bases in Korea (Osan and Kunsan) Also have three  Air Forces Bases in Japan in Misawa,Yokota and a massive one in Kadena.Not to mention the carriers in the area.And that just the reaction from the air which really would be a matter on less than 5 mins.
         The North are well aware of all this and know that any thing from them would be the end of their country.They are not stupid.The same generals are around that were around when Kim Jung Ill was running the show.The younger Kim is showing to his people that he is tough and not a fat baby faced 30 year old.There is always high tensions at this time of year on the Korean peninsula.It doesn't always get this kind of coverage,they've ramped it up a bit this year and the media has gone berserk.

I'm not disagreeing with the consequences. North Korea would be mental to try anything as it would result in immediate massive death but they could bomb the sh*t out of Seoul if they wanted to.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:36pm

I'm not disagreeing with the consequences. North Korea would be mental to try anything as it would result in immediate massive death but they could bomb the sh*t out of Seoul if they wanted to.

SuperDave,

I respect your opinion on here,you're defo one of the better posters and seem to know what you're talking about.But you're simply wrong here.Do you think the citizens of Seoul (backed by the might of the US military) go about their business everyday since 1953 knowing that they could be wiped out on the whim of a mad man (or a group of his generals) at any time?
           I'm basing this on facts.Living as a teacher in Seoul you get some idea what going on.For example i taught a S Korea fighter pilot (about late 30's so coming to the end of his fighter pilot days,ie not full of bravado) who,once i got to know him told me all sorts.Very interesting stuff.
            However I learnt and heard a lot more having worked in both Japan and Korea (as well as bases in Guam and Hawaii which i have also heard mention of as potential targets) over another fives years.The military are anal in general.If you think regulations and health and safety is bad here you should deal with them for a while.My point is they over react rather than under react,over estimate rather than underestimate and they don't take the North Korean's as the massive threat we here are lead to believe.
            I've been speaking with mates (Korean and Irish) the last few days and they are bemused and bewildered by the attention this is getting.The rhetoric and sabre rattling are an annual thing.The only difference is a few missiles have been moved to the East coast of North Korea.They may even have done this in the previous years but it may not have been reported.
            If the Kim or his general fire one shot on Seoul it would be the same a pulling the trigger on themselves.They know this,I presume they don't want mass suicide.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:56pm

Ukraine

+1

In what way?

Ive already explained this in a post to corkery but for your benefit ill post it again. All those superpowers are as bad as each other because they all have interests over the world.

Edited by irishmufc - 06 Apr 2013 at 8:58pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:59pm

SuperDave,

I respect your opinion on here,you're defo one of the better posters and seem to know what you're talking about.But you're simply wrong here.Do you think the citizens of Seoul (backed by the might of the US military) go about their business everyday since 1953 knowing that they could be wiped out on the whim of a mad man (or a group of his generals) at any time?
           I'm basing this on facts.Living as a teacher in Seoul you get some idea what going on.For example i taught a S Korea fighter pilot (about late 30's so coming to the end of his fighter pilot days,ie not full of bravado) who,once i got to know him told me all sorts.Very interesting stuff.
            However I learnt and heard a lot more having worked in both Japan and Korea (as well as bases in Guam and Hawaii which i have also heard mention of as potential targets) over another fives years.The military are anal in general.If you think regulations and health and safety is bad here you should deal with them for a while.My point is they over react rather than under react,over estimate rather than underestimate and they don't take the North Korean's as the massive threat we here are lead to believe.
            I've been speaking with mates (Korean and Irish) the last few days and they are bemused and bewildered by the attention this is getting.The rhetoric and sabre rattling are an annual thing.The only difference is a few missiles have been moved to the East coast of North Korea.They may even have done this in the previous years but it may not have been reported.
            If the Kim or his general fire one shot on Seoul it would be the same a pulling the trigger on themselves.They know this,I presume they don't want mass suicide.

Okay, it wouldn't flatten the city but they could clearly cause a lot of damage if they wanted to.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/north-korea-and-flattening-seoul

I appreciate that was about three years ago but the central premise holds true. It wouldn't be a high precision bombing (like I mentioned before, it would be scattergun) but if North Korea wanted to, they could cause serious damage in Seoul. The nuke point might be wrong (well, it would likely be intercepted by missile defence systems but would probably still explode) but they could definitely launch a bombing strike on Seoul which would cause mass damage and casualties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic