World Cup Viewing & Sleep Deprivation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup Viewing & Sleep Deprivation
    Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:21pm
Do you intend to watch every 11pm kick off? Those with 9 - 5 jobs who proably get up at 7 or 7.30, is 6 hours kip going to be the norm for you each night for the next few weeks?

Have to say im loving the matches so far especially the later games 

Anyone going to change their sleeping habits for the WC? 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Jun 2014 at 3:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:23pm
It was getting bright at the end of the Japan game on Saturday night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:28pm
Im on my Summer holidays so I view this as my last opportunity to watch every single world cup game. I always end up missing 2-3 games.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:32pm

Fell asleep at HT watching the Japan game on Saturday night. I was fairly well on at that stage. I intend on watching the USA match tonight. Will try to watch as many of the 11 o'clocks as I can. May have to stop drinking every night though. The bird is giving me greif about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:34pm
Couldnt stay up for the Argentina Bosnia match, was up at 6am this morning and I'm usually an 8 hour a night type, find it very hard to operate on less than 6 hours a night. Apart from the late game, the game times are excellent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:35pm
Yeah, I'm doing it every night..... and I have to be up at 6am tomorrow and Thursday for the 7am train to Cork.

Good times.
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:36pm
Some fella in China died from sleep deprivation watching the Holland Spain game the other day apparently. 
dundon13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:39pm
Ah lads come on, I watched the IC v Japan game the other night even though I had work at 8 on Sunday morning, got like 2 hours sleep. My boss is away so i'm doing all mornings as cover, 
7-4(Sunday 8-4) so I've got to see every game so far. Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Ah lads come on, I watched the IC v Japan game the other night even though I had work at 8 on Sunday morning, got like 2 hours sleep. My boss is away so i'm doing all mornings as cover, 

In fairness, how hard is it to run a drug empire? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

Some fella in China died from sleep deprivation watching the Holland Spain game the other day apparently. 

Was only the 2nd fookin day of matches! 
Lightweight. Would never have lasted Saturday and Sunday's marathon schedule

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Jun 2014 at 3:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:44pm

Was only the 2nd fookin day of matches! 
Re-runs of the 2010 final on a loop, the poor fecker was awake for nearly 4 years....

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 16 Jun 2014 at 3:45pm
dundon13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:47pm

It's pretty tough actually, there's a lot of paperwork involved and it's tough to find the right staff as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:53pm

Yes, he died back in 2010! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:10pm

It's pretty tough actually, there's a lot of paperwork involved and it's tough to find the right staff as well.

A lot of late nights I'd imagine too, so this tournament suits you down to the ground Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:14pm
The last 11pm game is next Sunday, no real standout games. Not sure if I'll stay up past midnight for any (I have a 6.10am alarm clock).....

Ghana V USA
Russia V South Korea
Cameroon V Croatia
Japan V Greece
Honduras V Ecuador
Nigeria V Bosnia
USA V Portugal

Then back to 5pm and 9pm kickoffs for the rest of the tournament

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:19pm
Is there anymore 2am Kick offs?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:19pm
I stayed up until the end of the Argie game and had to get a 7am bus to Galway and straight into work from 9.30-5 . I'm a bit wrecked but if you can get even 4 hours of sleep you'll be grand I find.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 4:24pm

Is there anymore 2am Kick offs?

No i dont think so
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>