You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:55pm
Almost 300 quid for 3 group stage matches of the lowest category, a far cry from the 25 euro category 4 tickets during the Euros
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Almost 300 quid for 3 group stage matches of the lowest category, a far cry from the 25 euro category 4 tickets during the Euros
jesus that pricey - not that it will affect us and even if we did get there by some miracle there would be no issue with tickets
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:03pm
At least the one positive is that the trains will be provided free with match tickets if it does come to that, must have spent about 200 quid getting to and from Lyon for the France game last year
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:09pm

At least the one positive is that the trains will be provided free with match tickets if it does come to that, must have spent about 200 quid getting to and from Lyon for the France game last year
grand if you don't mind spending two days on a train traveling between venues

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Sep 2017 at 5:10pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

grand if you don't mind spending two days on a train traveling between venues

Haha yeah actually just looking on the map and even the European side of Russia is still practically bigger than the rest of Europe. Kaliningrad to Yekaterinburg is about 3000km
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 4:28pm
So once you apply for the tickets you have to put the passport numbers of you and your friends who are going with you in.

Does this exclude me applying for tickets and entering my girlfriend as the one who will go with me and then her doing the same thing? Do they run a search by passport number and exclude duplicates? 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

So once you apply for the tickets you have to put the passport numbers of you and your friends who are going with you in.

Does this exclude me applying for tickets and entering my girlfriend as the one who will go with me and then her doing the same thing? Do they run a search by passport number and exclude duplicates? 

Your match ticket gets you a FAN ID which gives you your entry visa into Russia and your free travel between host cities so to answer your question I'd say yes.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm

Yes they will definitely check for duplicate passport numbers.  

Of course you could apply with a different guest.  She could also apply with a different guest and you could still bring each other to the games. However you need a ticket in your own name from FIFA to get a Fan ID.

You will need a valid Fan ID to get into the country and to attend games.  For the Confederations Cup the Fan ID did not need to match the name on the ticket according to an Irish friend of mine and some German ground-hoppers.    
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Of course you could apply with a different guest.  She could also apply with a different guest and you could still bring each other to the games. However you need a ticket in your own name from FIFA to get a Fan ID.

You will need a valid Fan ID to get into the country and to attend games.  For the Confederations Cup the Fan ID did not need to match the name on the ticket according to an Irish friend of mine and some German ground-hoppers.    

You will be going to Russia for thw World Cup next year, gspain?  Regardless of whether or not Ireland are there?

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:51am
Tickets are pricey alright nearly 100€ a ticket Shocked

Could that just be the initial price perhaps i.e. if one of your matches is the opening game.

IFIRC the opening game of the Euros cheapest ticket was something like 120€

If not you'd then be refunded the rest

Edited by lassassinblanc - 19 Sep 2017 at 11:53am
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
660 dollars for follow your team up to the quarters
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

You will be going to Russia for thw World Cup next year, gspain?  Regardless of whether or not Ireland are there?

Yes I'll be there for the group stage come what may.  If we don't make it I will stay in Moscow and do a few day trips if I can find cheap trains/flights.  

Currently flights to Moscow are great value, hotels are great value and tickets should be easy enough to source.  Only limited internal flight are available and the free trains won't suit if trying to do a lot of games.  
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:52am

If I get tickets absolutely. A shame that Ireland might not be there, but still would be a cool experience to attend. The Euros were a blast. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:41am

If I get tickets absolutely. A shame that Ireland might not be there, but still would be a cool experience to attend. The Euros were a blast. 

You should be able to get tickets in this phase.  Pick a schedule that suits you and target a few games.  You could double your chances if you and your girlfriend apply separately.  It should be possible to sell unwanted tickets back to FIFA.  

It could be the easiest and cheapest World Cup to attend for many years.  Great value hotels available in most places on free cancellation.  Cheap flights to Russia although internal flights still not sorted out.  

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:00pm

You should be able to get tickets in this phase.  Pick a schedule that suits you and target a few games.  You could double your chances if you and your girlfriend apply separately.  It should be possible to sell unwanted tickets back to FIFA.  

It could be the easiest and cheapest World Cup to attend for many years.  Great value hotels available in most places on free cancellation.  Cheap flights to Russia although internal flights still not sorted out.  

Can we apply separately? Or will FIFA run a search on passport numbers and see that we've each applied for more than 7 matches (the 7 I apply for with her passport number as my guest and the 7 she applies for with my passport as the guest).
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:35pm

Can we apply separately? Or will FIFA run a search on passport numbers and see that we've each applied for more than 7 matches (the 7 I apply for with her passport number as my guest and the 7 she applies for with my passport as the guest).

They do check for duplicate applications.  They will find duplicate passport numbers.  

To put it simply you have 2 options

1) You apply for up to 7 games with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with all her correct details as your guest.  You get 2 Fan IDs from this account.  

OR

2) You apply with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with an incorrect date of birth, incorrect passport id etc.  From a separate computer using a different address and credit card  your girlfriend applies (using all her correct details) naming you with an incorrect DOB and passport id.  You get your Fan ID from your account and she gets hers from her account (so you both provide the correct details to the Russian authorities).  

You could with option 2 apply for more than 7 games or double up on some games.  Many games outside Moscow will be easy enough. You can see the current demand when you apply.  You could wait until after the Wales game or even change after the Wales game.  
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:03pm
gary when you say cheap flights to moscow, what price are you talking? 100 euro
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:24pm

They do check for duplicate applications.  They will find duplicate passport numbers.  

To put it simply you have 2 options

1) You apply for up to 7 games with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with all her correct details as your guest.  You get 2 Fan IDs from this account.  

OR

2) You apply with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with an incorrect date of birth, incorrect passport id etc.  From a separate computer using a different address and credit card  your girlfriend applies (using all her correct details) naming you with an incorrect DOB and passport id.  You get your Fan ID from your account and she gets hers from her account (so you both provide the correct details to the Russian authorities).  

You could with option 2 apply for more than 7 games or double up on some games.  Many games outside Moscow will be easy enough. You can see the current demand when you apply.  You could wait until after the Wales game or even change after the Wales game.  

Smart - it's the same name so it would match the fan id, but it's a different number and such. Appreciate it.

Edit: Ony question is do they scan the fan id at immigration to make sure this doesn't happen (e.g. If your fan id that corresponds to the tickets wasn't scanned your ticket won't work at the gate).

Edited by cildaratown - 24 Sep 2017 at 2:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic