Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:59am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

How is this Northern Ireland v Czech game 0-0??LOL

Millions of chances

I was half expecting the North to nick a goal at the end, Woeful game between two woeful teams.

Germans are going to coast that group and from last nights viewing of games Norway will probably come second by some way, as North and Czech Republic won't be doing anything special
Norway are poor as well though. Whatever about the performance that result gives them a great chance of a playoff spot.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:21am

Millions of chances

I was half expecting the North to nick a goal at the end, Woeful game between two woeful teams.

Germans are going to coast that group and from last nights viewing of games Norway will probably come second by some way, as North and Czech Republic won't be doing anything special

The north are after getting a fantastic result and yet we still write them off. Every time we do it the fcukers do well.

Stop writing them off!!
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:27am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Millions of chances

Norway are poor as well though. Whatever about the performance that result gives them a great chance of a playoff spot.

NI will be very hard to beat.... Germany will beat them twice but they may not lose another game. Their main issue could be drawing too many but that was a great result last night.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:27am
The Czechs finished bottom of their group in Euro2016 qualifying with 1 point, NI won their group.

It was a good enough result for the north last night, wouldn't say fantastic.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:34am

Millions of chances

yes Norway are poor too but I think they'll have a good chance over both those teams last night.

I really don't get this hoodoo though about North though, they're piss poor, last night as I said they could have nicked it at the end, as that is what they do keep men behind the ball and catch teams on the break, they did that exactly in the Euros against the Polish and the Germans they played 11 men behind the ball.

The only reason they drew that game last night was because the Czech don't have a decent striker they haven't really since Baros (and he wasn't the greatest either).

Of course though you have to commend them for it, they are playing to their strengths and if they get through fair play to them.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 05 Sep 2016 at 9:34am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:42am
One thing i'll give the north is that they're very hard to score against. Whether its heroic goalkeeping as we saw in the Euros, being well set up, the performances of the likes of Evans and McAuley, you very rarely see them being torn apart.
Last night it was a combination of Evans and some woeful finishing at times by the Czechs

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One thing i'll give the north is that they're very hard to score against. Whether its heroic goalkeeping as we saw in the Euros, being well set up, the performances of the likes of Evans and McAuley, you very rarely see them being torn apart.
Last night it was a combination of Evans and some woeful finishing at times by the Czechs

Extremely under rated defender in my eyes
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:56am

The Czechs finished bottom of their group in Euro2016 qualifying with 1 point, NI won their group.

They both won their qualifying groups.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:01am

Perhaps he is confusing qualifying with the tournament Confused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:02am

Embarrassed

Oh dear. Thick thread for me.

Was sure I heard them say on commentary last night that Czech Rep were bottom of their group with 1 point in last campaign. Don't even remember them at the Euros.

Very good point for NI then in that case Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:09am
They topped a difficult group, the one with Iceland, Turkey and Holland. That is a huge point for the Pub team.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:18am
Yeah they were pure much in the tournament proper though. Playing a 35 year old Rosicky who hadn't kicked a ball in over 18 months summed it up. The well has run dry.
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:31am
From an Irish point of view I'd much rather fancy NI in the playoffs than the Czech so good luck to em!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah they were pure much in the tournament proper though. Playing a 35 year old Rosicky who hadn't kicked a ball in over 18 months summed it up. The well has run dry.
Maybe so, but our friends in the North are in a 3 way battle for the playoffs and the Czechs were the favourites to get  it. Norway are poor as well, so as it stands this morning it is advantage to the other MON and his men.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:42am
Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

From an Irish point of view I'd much rather fancy NI in the playoffs than the Czech so good luck to em!

Nah

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:45am

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Maybe so, but our friends in the North are in a 3 way battle for the playoffs and the Czechs were the favourites to get  it. Norway are poor as well, so as it stands this morning it is advantage to the other MON and his men.

Hopefully this time tomorrow we're in the same position of what I think will be our toughest away in this campaign.

It's cooler today in Belgrade and overcast which is better for us compared to the last few days.

Anyone that wants to put down the pub team's important result is only doing it out of spite. We'd be delighted with that ourselves.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyone that wants to put down the pub team's important result is only doing it out of spite. We'd be delighted with that ourselves.

I'm not putting down their result - I said as much in the Nordie thread. It's a great result and to be honest I'd happily take a draw if offered one now vs Serbia away.

Doesn't change the fact that the country formerly known as the Czech Republic are miles away from what they once were. Cech is pretty much their only world class player these days - a far cry from the late nineties and most of the 2000s.
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 11:01am
I have to confess I'd forgot myself that the Czechs were even at Euro 2016 and completely forgot that they topped their qualifying group. It's not beyond Northern Ireland to pick up a point in Hannover if they park the bus and get lucky. After all we took 4 points off Germany and while the results were great, to the average punter in Europe we are not a decent side by any means.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
  Share Topic