Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 40>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Craig Gordon Thumbs Down

He's sh*t. I never rated him. Scottish keepersThumbs Down
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

What a job Michael O'Neill has done, absolutely miracle worker.

He'll be up there already with Bingham who had better players.

Himself and Kerr are the best pundits on Irish TV hands down.

Definitely wouldn't say no him managing us after Martin
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What a job Michael O'Neill has done, absolutely miracle worker.

He'll be up there already with Bingham who had better players.

Himself and Kerr are the best pundits on Irish TV hands down.

Definitely wouldn't say no him managing us after Martin

I would have him top of the list tbh, Michael O'Neill is such a shrewd man and brilliant at man management. 

Starters McAuley & Hughes will be gone after the World Cup as will Mannus and Carroll (back up keepers) the likes of Brunty, Davis, Ward etc may or may not have another campaign in them.

Realistically they haven't much coming through so you would think if he gets Northern Ireland to the WC he may simply leave as that is something he probably won't ever be able to top in his current role.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:32pm
Scots had a three on one with less than 2 minutes to go and give the ball away cheaply and Inga Lund score from the turnover. Under 12 stuff. Armstrong I think gave it away, whoever it was has to carry that for the rest of his career.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Scots had a three on one with less than 2 minutes to go and give the ball away cheaply and Inga Lund score from the turnover. Under 12 stuff. Armstrong I think gave it away, whoever it was has to carry that for the rest of his career.

Spot on. Even without the benefit of hindsight I was screaming at him to play it to the free man on his left but ultimately Scotland are bottlers and to be fair to England they certainly deserved the draw.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 8:21pm
Sandro Wagner loves his heel passes
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 9:07pm
Poland look very very good
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:59pm
Great win for Iceland beating Croatia tonight. 90th minute winner. Ouch
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Great win for Iceland beating Croatia tonight. 90th minute winner. Ouch

That is one tight group

Croatia 13
Iceland 13
Turkey 11
Ukraine 11

Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:07am

He'll be up there already with Bingham who had better players

Starters McAuley & Hughes will be gone after the World Cup as will Mannus and Carroll (back up keepers) the likes of Brunty, Davis, Ward etc may or may not have another campaign in them.

Realistically they haven't much coming through so you would think if he gets Northern Ireland to the WC he may simply leave as that is something he probably won't ever be able to top in his current role

While most of our squad play in the ECL, L1 and Scotland, guys in the 80s obviously didn't face as much competition from around the World to play in England.

Aye, the 'Goaldrought Generation' have played together for more than 10 years (20 in Carroll and Hughes's case) and will be hard to replace. More cheerfully our u-21 managed a rare qualifying win last week, in Estonia.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
Even if he booted the thing 70 yards up the pitch. Just do not give it away there.

Its gas, after Griffiths two free kicks i was still sure they would make a mess of things - it's what they do. 

It truly must be sh*t being Scottish Cry

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:26am
Some ball by Sterling for the equaliser at the end
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Some ball by Sterling for the equaliser at the end

It was a decent ball in alright, but should the keeper not be coming for that? In the end Kane side foots it in from just outside the six yard box - just looked odd. Really feel like if Gordon is decisive and comes early then he catches that without much issue. He hesitated and then never came. His error for England's first goal was scarcely believable as well. Poor lad had an absolute mare.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:25am
It was a pretty straight diagonal, should be the keeper's all day long.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:38am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ismp1NPLDXM

I think its called the corridor of uncertainty. Keeper didn't know whether to stay or go such was the area it was played into. Lovely weight on the pass

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Jun 2017 at 11:38am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:42am
Mulgrew completely lost Kane too, I still think that is an easy take for Gordon though.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:42am
Gordon should have come for it
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:47am
Elsewhere in the world USA drew 1-1 with Mexico, If Panama beat Honduras they'll go ahead of them.

US still have to play Costa Rica and Panama at home so should still qualify but if they slip up in any of those games could be playoffs for them which at moment could looks like it will be Uzbekistan or Australia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 40>
  Share Topic