Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

There's only 2 people who have predicted we'll have anyone outside Germany, Spain, Brazil, France in the final (both Argentina). I think these teams are a step ahead of the rest (bar France who I still don't full trust not to feck it up). So really with dark horses, we're looking to see who can get to a SF ahead of those 4.

When was the last WC that one the less fancied teams made it to the Semis?

2002? with Korea and Turkey?

I think Korea had some help along the way in that and the Turks actually had a decent team in 2002 plus

Since then there hasn't really been much shocks in terms of the Semi finalists

2006: Germany, France, Italy, Portugal
2010: Netherlands, Germany,Spain, Uruguay* (maybe a slight dark horse but a talented squad all the same)
2014: Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Brazil
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:13am

Winners - Spain

Runners Up - France

Top Scorer - Griezmann 

Player of Tournament - Neymar

Surprise Package - Russia (1/4 finals)

Big nation to flop - Portugal

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Winners - Spain

Runners Up - France

Top Scorer - Griezmann 

As ordinary as this Russian team is, I don't think that would be a huge surprise that the hosts do well, particularly if the get some hometown decisions like South Korea got in 2002 against Spain and Italy. It is Vlad's backyard remember Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:05am
The USSR will get to the semis
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Winners - Spain

Runners Up - France

Top Scorer - Griezmann 

As ordinary as this Russian team is, I don't think that would be a huge surprise that the hosts do well, particularly if the get some hometown decisions like South Korea got in 2002 against Spain and Italy. It is Vlad's backyard remember Wink

There is definitely 16 better teams in the World Cup so to make the last 8 would be overachieving ..... they will need a helping hand to get there!!! 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:15pm
This Russian team is worse than ordinary, dare say possibly the worst hosts ever, even worse than 2010 South Africa.

They'll need a few dodgy decisions going their way just to beat Saudi Arabia.

Edited by coyne - 07 Jun 2018 at 12:16pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

This Russian team is worse than ordinary, dare say possibly the worst hosts ever, even worse than 2010 South Africa.

I'll certainly be cheering for them against the head choppers. Nothing against the players/coaching staff themselves but the barbaric state that belongs in the middle ages, that they represent.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:30pm
I suspect if they go out early they will just deny that it happened.

Edited by Het-field - 07 Jun 2018 at 12:30pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:46pm

I'll certainly be cheering for them against the head choppers. Nothing against the players/coaching staff themselves but the barbaric state that belongs in the middle ages, that they represent.

Bizarre comment given what goes on in Russia; beatings, jailing and hunting down of people who identify as LGBT or opponents of the government, their invasion of Ukraine, shooting down of a passenger jet, murdering civilians in Syria, propping up a madman as ruler in Chechnya, interfering in countless democratic elections across the world, cyber-attacking other sovereign countries over the removal of a statue etc etc, could go on all day.

Not saying it's the same level as Saudi but to cheer for Russia on human rights grounds makes no sense.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bizarre comment given what goes on in Russia; beatings, jailing and hunting down of people who identify as LGBT or opponents of the government, their invasion of Ukraine, shooting down of a passenger jet, murdering civilians in Syria, propping up a madman as ruler in Chechnya, interfering in countless democratic elections across the world, cyber-attacking other sovereign countries over the removal of a statue etc etc, could go on all day.

Not saying it's the same level as Saudi but to cheer for Russia on human rights grounds makes no sense.

You could be talking about England there too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:01pm
Good man Muff LOL
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
Winners - FROG 

Runners Up - KRAUTZ

Top Scorer - SUAREZ  

Player of Tournament - Griesmann

Surprise Package - Meh-hee-co

Big nation to flop - ARGIES

Edited by RogerMilla - 07 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:26pm
Winners - Spain
Runners Up - Brazil

Top Scorer - Suarez

Player of Tournament - Isco

Surprise Package - Uruguay

Big nation to flop - France

Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:45pm
Winners - Brazil
Runners Up - Spain

Top Scorer - Jesus

Surprise Package - England, very little hype or expectation from them this year and i think they can reach the semi's

Big nation to flop - France
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 2:27pm
Winners - Spain
Runners Up - Brazil

Top Scorer - Mbappe

Player of Tournament - Iniesta

Surprise Package - Mexico

Big nation to flop - Croatia (don't think any of the big names will 'flop')
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Exactly it's not the same level as Saudi just like with countries like the U.S. and China. I don't want anything to do with Saudi Arabia and they should be completely isolated by the international community so I would shout for countries like Russia and China and the U.S, who have human rights issues of their own against them. Lesser of the two evils and all that.  

Plus Russia have a lovely away jersey HeartLOL

Edited by irishmufc - 08 Jun 2018 at 10:06am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:50am
How about not shouting for any team that you feel represents a nation which compromises human rights? Even when they are playing off?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

How about not shouting for any team that you feel represents a nation which compromises human rights? Even when they are playing off?

Because there'd probably be no team in the world left to shout for Wink 

As my disdain for Saudi Arabia is now established can we move on now? Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic