You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group H Belgium Russia S.Korea, Algeria
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group H Belgium Russia S.Korea, Algeria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [21.21%]
21 [63.64%]
3 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.06%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 12:12pm

I suspect the difference between Group A and H before it loops back to A and being the host country they probably command prime time tv times, it's def a bit unusual though. Maybe also time zones in the mix with prime tv.  

Belgium v Algeria 18.00 CET

Brazil v Mexico 21.00 CET

Russia v South Korea 24.00 CET

Sponsored Links

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by danger here danger here wrote:

I suspect the difference between Group A and H before it loops back to A and being the host country they probably command prime time tv times, it's def a bit unusual though. Maybe also time zones in the mix with prime tv.  

Belgium v Algeria 18.00 CET

Brazil v Mexico 21.00 CET

Russia v South Korea 24.00 CET

But surely if the host country's prime time TV scheduling was a factor, then Brazil v Mexico would be kicking off at 9pm local time rather than 5pm local time?

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:37am
Lukaku limped off last night after a bad tackle from an tunisian player. Wilmots saying he was having trouble walking on it after the game.

Massive blow for Belgium if he doesn't recover.

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 Jun 2014 at 10:38am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Lukaku limped off last night after a bad tackle from an tunisian player. Wilmots saying he was having trouble walking on it after the game.

Massive blow for Belgium if he doesn't recover.

Indeed!especially as Benteke is out too.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:58pm
more importantly if he doesnt play do you get money back on any bets on him as top scorer
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 12:41pm
Be interesting to see how Belgium get on today. Lot of expectation on the team 
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 1:23pm
Got Belgium and Algeria in the Sweepstakes at work, but from the outset my team of choice has been the mighty Algerians. 

Allez Les Fennecs. 
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Be interesting to see how Belgium get on today. Lot of expectation on the team 

Yeah one of the teams I've been most looking forward to, mainly out of curiosity. An expectation on them that they've never experienced before. Algeria first up is tough as well, they don't concede many goals and with expectation on Belgium to beat them comfortably you never know what could happen.

That being said, I did Belgium -1 in my treble Thumbs Up
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 2:37pm
I would imagine a facile victory for Belgium tonight but am interested to see how they play. They did well in qualifying and have a very easy group. I still see them in that 'second tier' of nations behind Germany, Argentina et al. Quarter finals probably the limit of their achievements. I still don't feel Lukaku is up to it against the very, very best and they lack a plan b.
It wouldn't surprise me if Russia got frustrated and cranky against a well organised Korean side. Wouldn't surprise me if they hockeyed them either! This isn't the Korean team we have experienced at previous world cups.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

I would imagine a facile victory for Belgium tonight but am interested to see how they play. They did well in qualifying and have a very easy group. I still see them in that 'second tier' of nations behind Germany, Argentina et al. Quarter finals probably the limit of their achievements. I still don't feel Lukaku is up to it against the very, very best and they lack a plan b.
It wouldn't surprise me if Russia got frustrated and cranky against a well organised Korean side. Wouldn't surprise me if they hockeyed them either! This isn't the Korean team we have experienced at previous world cups.

You can say that again LOL

Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

The North Korean team requested a statue of their 'dear leader' to be put in the front of their hotel in South Africa.

The hotel/FIFA declined
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The North Korean team requested a statue of their 'dear leader' to be put in the front of their hotel in South Africa.

The hotel/FIFA declined

They put one of Blatter instead
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The hotel/FIFA declined

They put one of Blatter instead

That's why the Koreans were upset at the lack of mogoloid features on Chairman Mao
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:17pm
Its so obvious Belgium lack a world class playmaker. Someone who could thread balls through the compact algerian defence.

Very flat so far from Belgium.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:18pm
Yep. These are nothing special. Lacking the spark
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:23pm
Think starting Chadli instead of Mirallas or Januzaj could be a costly mistake
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:23pm
Awful defending
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:24pm
nice peno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic