New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group H Belgium Russia S.Korea, Algeria

World Cup Group H Belgium Russia S.Korea, Algeria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
7 [21.21%]
21 [63.64%]
3 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.06%]
0 [0.00%]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:34am
Great result last night for Algeria, my buddy got a phone call from his brother back home in Algiers and he said the place was hopping. Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

I think you totally missed the point.

Austria and Germany played out a result that suited both teams and knocked Algeria out on goal difference.

Therefore when Algeria play against Germany they will be seeking revenge for that game that alegedly was a fix.

That's what posters are referring to.

Sure, I understand that thinking.  I am breaking the news that ALG have already beaten a GER side in ESPANA '82.  I don't think it's a fair situation ALG having to beat a GER side in every World Cup Finals.

I'll leave it there.

I am sure sky news are sh*tting themselves with your speed at breaking news. Only takes you 33 years. :)

Algeria beat Germany 2-1 in 82 in their first world cup

They then got stitched up afterwards when Austria played Germany and played out a result that sent both teams through and Algeria out.

Algeria now have a chance to play Germany and get revenge in their first knock out match ar a world cup something that was denied them by the German Austria disgraceful match.

This is the first time they have played Germany at a world cup since that game in 82.

They have not had an opportunity for revenge as the offending match happened after they beat them.

Your posts are bizarre and illogical on this issue. The revenge comes from The sense of injustice they felt when denied a place in the knock out round of a world cup by two neighbour nations deciding to knock the ball around after ten mins and leaving the match at 1-0 to Germany. Algeria after all those years finally have an opportunity for revenge.

Edited by Baldrick - 27 Jun 2014 at 1:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

I think you totally missed the point.

Austria and Germany played out a result that suited both teams and knocked Algeria out on goal difference.

Therefore when Algeria play against Germany they will be seeking revenge for that game that alegedly was a fix.

That's what posters are referring to.

Sure, I understand that thinking.  I am breaking the news that ALG have already beaten a GER side in ESPANA '82.  I don't think it's a fair situation ALG having to beat a GER side in every World Cup Finals.

I'll leave it there.

Confused WTF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:35pm
You know, UCD fan, not every side has to be referred to in three letters. We all know what happened in 1982.... ALG beat GER and CHI but lost to AUS, and going into the last game, AUS and GER knew that if GER beat AUS 1-0 that both AUS and GER would progress and ALG would be knocked out.

Actually:

You know, University College Dubline fan, not every side has to be referred to in three letters. We all know what happened in 1982.... Algeria beat Germany and Chile but lost to Austria, and going into the last game, Austria and Germany knew that if Germany beat Austria 1-0 that both Austria and Germany would progress and Algeria would be knocked out.

That reads a bit better.

It's revenge for the stitch up they're looking, nothing else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Great result last night for Algeria, my buddy got a phone call from his brother back home in Algiers and he said the place was hopping. Clap

Algeria fans

Algiers last night ^^^

Two dead and 31 injured in the celebrations  Dead 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 10:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 10:14pm
The two that died and most of the 31 injured were as a result of car accidents. Looking at tribals pic i can see why! Stern Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 10:28pm
There were 9 dead and 3,000 fights in Bogotoa after they beat Greece 3-0 in the opening match. Everything is banned now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:13pm

wtf?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 2:50pm
How does that even start?

"I have a great idea lads"
"What's that?"
"Let's go into town on the back of the truck"
"You mad bro?"
"Ah come on"
"Sure fock it, why not"
"And when we're at it, we'll pick up fifty randomers, jam them all in, and tip the focker for the laugh"
"Grand job so"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 3:01pm
Never a dull moment when Algeria play

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 3:06pm
Could you imagine what it would be like if they beat Germany and played France in the Qtr Finals. Paris would probably burn regardless of who won

Edited by Denis Irwin - 28 Jun 2014 at 3:07pm

dundon13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:49am

Algeria fans

Algiers last night ^^^

Jesus, didn't know about any injuries or deaths, I'd hate to see the place if they beat Germany.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 8:26am

Algeria fans

Algiers last night ^^^

Jesus, didn't know about any injuries or deaths, I'd hate to see the place if they beat Germany.
its crazy... after Algeria's win over South Korea last week, there were five deaths from car accidents, and one man died after having a heart attack during the second goal.
dundon13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 8:31am

Algeria fans

Algiers last night ^^^

its crazy... after Algeria's win over South Korea last week, there were five deaths from car accidents, and one man died after having a heart attack during the second goal.

Feckin hell, and the Algerian lad i know is as quiet. Wait till I show him some of these pictures. And to think he'd sl*g me when he sees pictures of us in the streets from Italia 90. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112