You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group H Belgium Russia S.Korea, Algeria
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group H Belgium Russia S.Korea, Algeria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [21.21%]
21 [63.64%]
3 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.06%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:54pm
#Algeria
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

These Russians cannot cross the ball. Stoopid stuff. The Algerians cannot retain possession though. Russia will get a decent chance, I bet.
You really overrate the Russians. They are total sh*t. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:56pm
Algerian revenge for the '82 Aunchluss on the cards on Monday ?

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Jun 2014 at 10:57pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Algerian revenge for the '82 Aunchluss on the cards on Monday ?

Madjer got it in 87 ;

http://youtu.be/C4B--qYWIKs
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:03pm
Capello not happy
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:04pm
WTF was that about from Capello
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

WTF was that about from Capello

Afraid he's going to get a poisoned umbrella up his hole.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:10pm
Great night with the Algerian fans in Paris that cheered us up after the game. The lads we drank with sound bunch of lads.
AKA pedantic kunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

These Russians cannot cross the ball. Stoopid stuff. The Algerians cannot retain possession though. Russia will get a decent chance, I bet.
You really overrate the Russians. They are total sh*t. 

So it has transpired.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:34pm
Algeria get the chance to make up for being stitched up in '82 by Germany and Austria, nice to see.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:23am
Not to sure how to break it, but Algeria beat West Germany in 1982.

Arabic intro 25 sec, English commentary BBC or ITV

The West Germany 1-0 Austria play was disgusting, but at the time Austria took a lot of the blame. Because they sacrificed a Match to lose and the lose out on Group winners.  Northern Ireland helped puncture their World Cup.

To their credit RTE showed an enormous amount of live games.  O'Herlihy chair, Dunphy and Giles panelists (IIRC). But ALG v. FRG was on the same time as ENG v. FRA (Robson goal 33'').  The memory is fading from RTÉ TWO as tonight Daire Maloney stated it was a Draw. Possibly North Europe continuing to forget the gravity of the crimes.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:38am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Not to sure how to break it, but Algeria beat West Germany in 1982.

Yes we know.
I remember it well.
Madjer and Belloumi scored.
Forget who scored for WG maybd Litbarski.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:49am
Ucdfan bizarre post. What exactly were you breaking.
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:57am
Obviously Algerias 1982 World Cup heroics were achieved as a consequence of their 2-0 win over TBIG earlier that year...and yes Madjer scored in that match too.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Ucdfan bizarre post. What exactly were you breaking.

You should read the post, the result of the ALG -FRG match is in the post.  With some footage of the game.

Many posters seemed to be under the impression that ALG need to beat GER to get equal or surpass them.  That would mean that ALG would have to beat a GER team Twice in a World Cup Finals without the GER representatives winning at all.  That does seem unfair, unequal to me.

In 1982, ALG beat FRG and CHI, first time a CAF team won twice in the groups.  It was AUT that ALG lost too.  Beating AUT would be a legitimate goal.

If a poster doesn't agree with that,
Exactly how many times must ALG beat a team from GER before they equalised or got revenge?

www.ucdsupporters.ie
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:10am
I think you totally missed the point.

Austria and Germany played out a result that suited both teams and knocked Algeria out on goal difference.

Therefore when Algeria play against Germany they will be seeking revenge for that game that alegedly was a fix.

That's what posters are referring to.
AKA pedantic kunt
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think you totally missed the point.

Austria and Germany played out a result that suited both teams and knocked Algeria out on goal difference.

Therefore when Algeria play against Germany they will be seeking revenge for that game that alegedly was a fix.

That's what posters are referring to.

Sure, I understand that thinking.  I am breaking the news that ALG have already beaten a GER side in ESPANA '82.  I don't think it's a fair situation ALG having to beat a GER side in every World Cup Finals.

I'll leave it there.

www.ucdsupporters.ie
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:47am
I think you should.

And thanks for breaking it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic