You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group G Portugal, Germany, Ghana, USA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group G Portugal, Germany, Ghana, USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [17.14%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
24 [68.57%]
2 [5.71%]
3 [8.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Forgot to add whoever fixed the Germany Portugal game for 5pm and has Iran Nigeria as the 8pm game needs a smack
its actually a strange one as they skipped a group game there, the germans must have asked for it at this time for some reason ?
Did they have the games fixed before the draw? It's definitely a strange one. THe 8pm game will be the only one I'll get to see tonight - think I'll give it a skip. 5pm would have been better for Iran/Nigeria TV too.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:43am

Forgot to add whoever fixed the Germany Portugal game for 5pm and has Iran Nigeria as the 8pm game needs a smack

fcukin right dinny. AngryAngryAngryAngry
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 10:07am
Since Euro 2012 i have told all who would lsten Portugal are a massively underrated team and could go very far into this tournament. Last 2 comps they have been narrowly beaten by eventual champions. Germany IMO have missed the boat in terms of winning a tournamnet with this group and i think they will come 2nd to portugal i this group. 
CR7 and PORTUGALClap
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 11:12am
All teams in this group have reached the 1/4 finals at least once in the last 3 world cups.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 11:20am

Clap absolute gobsh1tery of the highest order.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 11:22am
Tv viewer getting shafted again Thumbs Down
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 11:23am
Outa here at 4. Perfect time Clap
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:11pm
Ronaldo on Facebook
"Today, when our epic finally begin, we will be more than 10 million. We are still passion, emotion, belief, determination, perseverance. We are spirit of victory. We hope. All together, holding hands and hearts together, with one voice. Because, in the words of the Pope Francisco, nobody WINS alone, neither on the field nor in life. Portugal Strength!"

I would let him ride me without lube.
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:15pm
To say let him would suggest that's he's interested Landon. Surely his mind is on the game, for today at least.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Not at all if heading to a biergarten....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

I'll have to watch it on rte player in the office, no biergarten for me today Cry
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:49pm
Had too much drink over the weekend.
Might have to sit this one out.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:48pm

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

I'll have to watch it on rte player in the office, no biergarten for me today Cry

Boss is gone home for the day so I'm clocking off early Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Depends where the TV viewer is based. What's tge effect time that suits all countries. Hosts and TV viewers
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:14pm
[/QUOTE]

Boss is gone home for the day so I'm clocking off early Clap
[/QUOTE]

I'll have to do the aul "earphone up the sleeve" trick you used to do with your school jumper in class LOL
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:16pm
5pm ensures that the TV companies can sell advertising at "off peak" times, whereas they will have already sold teh adverts around 7/8/9pm which is more premium TV watchig times.

I imagine the Germany game was arranged specifically outside of the 8pm time, as was the England/italy game, and the Argentina game.

TV stations carry a lot of clout with FIFA, and the European viewers pay the most money for TV - hence the scheduling of "Big games" so far.
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Depends where the TV viewer is based. What's tge effect time that suits all countries. Hosts and TV viewers

In regards to Portuguese and German TV audiences I'd imagine they'd have preferred the 8pm/9pm (Germany) over the 5pm/6pm (Germany) one. Ghana is only an hour behind us at the moment as they're on the UTC timezone so I'd imagine they'd prefer that 7pm/8pm slot for their highest tv figure viewership
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:23pm
The a 5pm kick off would have suited Iran better than Por-Ger. Nigerians are grand for whatever time the kick off is because the online scamming industry tend to set their own hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic