You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group F Nigeria, Bosnia, Iran, Argentina
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group F Nigeria, Bosnia, Iran, Argentina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [4.35%]
17 [73.91%]
3 [13.04%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
1 [4.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There may be a slight advantage because of climate but it cannot make up for a gulf in class. These are all trained and conditioned professionals anyway.

I'm not convinced England would have beaten Honduras in a different climate either. They played Algeria in the last World Cup and drew 0-0 with them. I'd say Algeria and Honduras are of a similar standard. They've a habit of getting results like that.

Ah they would and to be fair to England they were clearly overtrained and way way off the pace in that world cup. They weren't as bad a team as they looked in South Africa. I couldn't believe when I seen Algeria who were very poor outpacing them to the ball. England would never beat Peru 3-0 in the Miami humidity imo.

You seen the sweat drenching off the ITV panelists there last night when they were going on about difficult the heat was and they were only standing up at the pitch. You're right that it doesn't make up for class but it's nice to have it as an advantage.

See how quickly the Hondurans were able to get back and regroup with only ten men, they didn't even look tired at the end and England certainly slowed down.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:41pm

Genuine question, is it humid in Nigeria?

I don't think it actually matters the Nigerian team were that bad last night (Yobo especially) they were taking an absolute pounding on Social Media

The fact they play Iran first may give them a lift for when they play Bosnia if they win.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:46pm

Had to look it up as I wasn't sure if they had a tropical or equatorial climate and they've a tropical, very humid climate the same as Northern Brazil

Bosnia gets hot weather in the summer but it's not going to make much difference when you're playing in humid conditions. Even though you're conditioning the few weeks before a tournament, that can't possibly be the same as playing in those conditions all the time.

My sister was in Peru years ago and she couldn't get over the humidity the second she got off the plane, you'd need a shower straight away as the sweat will pour right off ya. Look at Hoddle last night and he'd a shirt on. Could you imagine playing for 90 minutes in that, professional or not?!

Edited by irishmufc - 08 Jun 2014 at 2:46pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I don't think it actually matters the Nigerian team were that bad last night (Yobo especially) they were taking an absolute pounding on Social Media

The fact they play Iran first may give them a lift for when they play Bosnia if they win.
that was my original point. Nigeria were brutal last night. Altidore looked brilliant last night, that says it all for me.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Boban View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

There may be a slight advantage because of climate but it cannot make up for a gulf in class. These are all trained and conditioned professionals anyway.

I'm not convinced England would have beaten Honduras in a different climate either. They played Algeria in the last World Cup and drew 0-0 with them. I'd say Algeria and Honduras are of a similar standard. They've a habit of getting results like that.

Ah they would and to be fair to England they were clearly overtrained and way way off the pace in that world cup. They weren't as bad a team as they looked in South Africa. I couldn't believe when I seen Algeria who were very poor outpacing them to the ball. England would never beat Peru 3-0 in the Miami humidity imo.

You seen the sweat drenching off the ITV panelists there last night when they were going on about difficult the heat was and they were only standing up at the pitch. You're right that it doesn't make up for class but it's nice to have it as an advantage.

See how quickly the Hondurans were able to get back and regroup with only ten men, they didn't even look tired at the end and England certainly slowed down.

Overtrained?I'd say it would be alot more to do with the fact that they couldn't string any more than 2 or 3 passes together and thus,spent most of their time running round trying to win it back.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 6:12pm
Too much is made of the heat in my opinion. Italy/England in Manaus, both teams will be alien to that heat.

And people like David Luis lives in London, Aguero in Manchester. They'll hardly be any more used to the heat to the English players
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 10:52pm
Some Atletico Mineiro supporters have invaded the pitch during Argentina's open training session. One of them ordered Mascherano to give him his top.
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 9:48am
Ronaldinho look a like turned up too, haha

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 1:41pm
http://www.independent.ie/sport/video-messi-fooled-by-a-brilliant-ronaldinho-lookalike-at-argentina-training-30349509.html
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 2:20pm
3,500 security staff for the first Argentina game. 2,100 Argies already banned from entering the stadium/country.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 2:22pm
Jaysus

Could you imagine if they had to play England
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Jaysus

Could you imagine if they had to play England

Is it not possible that they will both be in Belo Horizonte at the same time?

Anyway, on the boys tonight! The bank balance could badly do with a fourth world cup win on the trot
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 1:14pm
60,000 Argies expected in the Maracana tonight.

Also rumours Higuain will be left out in favour of an extra man at the back.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 2:04pm
Feck that have higuain as top scorer
AKA pedantic kunt
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 2:11pm
11pm Sunday night kick off...poor form
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Feck that have higuain as top scorer

Me too.
Rumoured to be struggling with his Hans Krankl.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 5:03pm
Romero, Zabaleta, Campagnaro, Fernández, Garay y Rojo; Maxi Rodríguez, Mascherano, Di María; Messi y Aguero.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 5:11pm
That definite TA? 5 at the back? Glendinning was saying last night that Bosnia have been playing with Dzeko up top on his own in training.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic