You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group D England Uruguay Italy Costa Rica
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group D England Uruguay Italy Costa Rica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 73747576>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [37.68%]
16 [23.19%]
4 [5.80%]
2 [2.90%]
16 [23.19%]
5 [7.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:24am
For the big picture of his career I.e because he has form and history of flipping out and biting. Yeah he prob should.

no one could tell him that and obviously after such a good year he prob thought he was grand.

Can't imagine his national manager giving a sh*t either way.

Edited by Andkend - 26 Jun 2014 at 10:24am
Sponsored Links

Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:44am
You know that is one thing id have to give Alex F. He really understood that you had to mind players. Its an absolutely mental business the football world. They are pawns all of them. Young lads with massive money, fame. I rem how sad Fergie was over Gazza. He had nearly signed him but Spurs gave his folks a gaff. Fergie said he had too much of a free reign in London and he went off the rails. The temperament of a player is very very important. Often that same fire thst makes them so good well it can go the other way too. Keane was proof of that as well.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:45am
Just checked back on the "Who will qualify Poll"..........of the 69 who responded 4 guessed correctly. YBIG certainly know their stuff.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 12:07pm
I was just talking with two friends from spain. I was asking them how the media were reacting to Suarez. Was it save the fabric of football like in England. They said no way. All the papers are just joking and its all about Real and athletico wanting to buy him. They said huh who cares what he does as long as he wins.

interesting

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 12:14pm
The Spanish say he's not a scumbag so that must mean he's not a scumbag.

[Sarcasm]Interesting.[/Sarcasm]

Edited by SuperDave84 - 26 Jun 2014 at 12:14pm
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 12:18pm
Where did I say that?

I am commenting on how different countries have different ways of seeing it.

The spanish rate winning more than being a perfect gentleman.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Where did I say that?

I am commenting on how different countries have different ways of seeing it.

The spanish rate winning more than being a perfect gentleman.

It was the implication that winning was all that matters and that his attitude literally did not matter. I suppose it's not quite the same (as in, saying he is not a scumbag is not the same as saying it does not matter if he is a scumbag) but the position is the same - all they care about is winning. Either way, it's moral relativism and an attempt to deflect attention from Suarez's actions.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:07pm
Absolutely they dont care what he does.

The end justifies the means.

my opinion on the subject is clear. Biting is a very scumbag thing to do.

is he a scumbag?

He is acting like one.

does he want to be one. The mother theresa part of me thinks he is fighting with that. However 3 times would make me a bit wide.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:18pm
If he did not play for Liverpool you would not be giving him as much leeway and trying to understand his background and the complexities of it.

You seem to actually care about him because he plays for Liverpool.

Its hilarious that when it happened you said that it was a media story and people should move on.

Since then you have posted numerous amount of times on it. Admitted to bring emotional about it and sad. Strange behaviour for a non story :)
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:19pm
Check out what yer man says 32 seconds into this video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enqTfLfH1hw
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If he did not play for Liverpool you would not be giving him as much leeway and trying to understand his background and the complexities of it.

You seem to actually care about him because he plays for Liverpool.

Its hilarious that when it happened you said that it was a media story and people should move on.

Since then you have posted numerous amount of times on it. Admitted to bring emotional about it and sad. Strange behaviour for a non story :)

I am also interested in Roy Keane
im a big fan of the man and he played for united

so thats the liverpool angle knocked on the head.

Amy Winehouse is another one. People who had it all and threw it all away.

I Think I tried to have a full range of evaluation of the issue.

The emotion is true I was also very upset when Amy Winehouse died.

for me while the book Dunphy wrote about Keane was good it did not get into Keanes head and Im sure a better autobiography will one day be written.

good reads are not tabloid or common sense they try and really get to the bottom of personalities.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:43pm
But you said this was a non issue when it first happened and that we should be talking about something else and that it was media hype.

Its seems you have talked and thought about it more than anyone on this thread.
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But you said this was a non issue when it first happened and that we should be talking about something else and that it was media hype.

Its seems you have talked and thought about it more than anyone on this thread.

LOL
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

This Suarez thing is getting blown out of all proportion, 2 year bans?? For losing your temper on a pitch ??? Yes what he did was a disgrace but chellini won't miss any football over it, it won't effect his career. I don't see it as any worse than a headbutt that would get what 3 or 4 games.

If I was a player I'd take gettimg bit on the shoulder all day over the tackle that marchisio made. I had to quit myself after an over the top challenge

Let's face it Suarez has problems and he disgraced himself and many other people connected with him but he's no Roy Keane - a man who held a grudge for over a year then stamped on a fellas knee to try and intentionally end his career. If anyone deserved 2 years it was him, premeditated and thuggish.

I've been outed as Glenn Moore , he makes a good point on Dylan Hartley......

By GLENN MOORE
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Danny Mills would send him to jail, Alan Shearer would ban him worldwide for “as long as I could”, which under Fifa statutes is two years. What heinous crime could Luis Suarez have committed to prompt such a response from two players who were not exactly shrinking violets on the field?
He bit someone.
He did not fix a match, which strikes at the very heart of sport. He did not use performance-enhancing drugs, which is the most insidious form of cheating. He did not go over the top and break an opponent’s leg, or shatter an opponent’s nose or cheekbone with an elbow. He did not attack a referee (he has done that, head-butting an official, but that was 11 years ago when he was playing youth team football at 16 and he received a long ban).
Read more: Suarez denies bite, says Chiellini bumped into his shoulder
Suarez tried to bite Chiellini last year

In my mind these are all worse acts than biting an opponent, especially given it was in the heat of the moment, and he did not pursue the act long enough to draw blood.
What he did was disgusting and horrible, sets a terrible example and would be deeply unpleasant to be a victim of. But Giorgio Chiellini played on. If Suarez had broken his leg with a reckless, even premeditated tackle (it happens) he would have been out until Christmas.
Suarez needs psychiatric help, not a jail sentence. He deserves to be banned, ideally for the duration of the World Cup with a longer sentence suspended on condition he has professional treatment, but is his offence really deserving of a longer ban than a player who has threatened the livelihood of another? It is the shock value, and the recidivism, which has accounted for the publicity and outrage.
There is also, clearly, a cultural issue. In Italy, according to a SkyItalia reporter, they are more interested in assessing who is to blame for the Azzurri being out of the World Cup at the group stage (Mario Balotelli appears to be receiving more blame than Suarez). In Brazil the incident seems to  be regarded as comedy rather than horror.
In England, however, Suarez is beyond the pale. Diving, biting, cheating: he fits our stereotype of the South American footballing bad guy, the latest in a long line stretching back past Diego Maradona to Antonio Rattin. There is also a place, it should be said, for lovable South Americans, such as Ossie Ardiles, Gus Poyet, and all things Brazilian.
And yet, if the behaviour of Uruguayan Suarez is so reprehensible, how is it Dylan Hartley is still being picked for England’s rugby union team? The hooker was banned for eight weeks for biting the finger of Ireland’s Steven Ferris in a Six Nations international in 2012 – and a finger is rather more vulnerable than a shoulder. Nor was it his first, or last, offence. In 2007 Hartley was banned for six months for eye gouging, which, considering the possible consequences, is far worse than nibbling on a shoulder. He was also banned for punching an opponent and for abusing a referee. Last week this serial offender started for England against New Zealand, his 56th cap. No one seemed to be outraged.
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I was just talking with two friends from spain. I was asking them how the media were reacting to Suarez. Was it save the fabric of football like in England. They said no way. All the papers are just joking and its all about Real and athletico wanting to buy him. They said huh who cares what he does as long as he wins.

interesting

they are probably racists like him LOL

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 2:34pm
Baldrick

I said that its not good for football that the whole world of media will jump on it as the big memory of world cup 2014
That has already happened. On the chill out music station with minimal to no talking they had it as a bulletin yesterday.

lots of people hate football because of violence so it totally plays into peoples fears. The football people focused on other issues and fearures comments by a professional on anger management.

I think that YBig is a football dedicated site and we are capable of having some debate which goes a bit deeper than man u fans saying he is a scumbag and liverpool fans defending him.

irishmufc man u fan was the first to say that if you are a neutral Suarez is a big loss as he was a great player to watch.

that was a good comment.

Gazza, Zidane, Paul Mc grath, Roy Keane, Ballotelli, Maradonna
there are a big list of players who have had issues in their lives
its interesting and not in the sensational way. Its interesting to understand the human condition in general.

how many people watch movies and read autobiographies. Famous people are fascinating.

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:21pm
4 month ban from all football, good enough for the cúnt Clap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

4 month ban from all football, good enough for the cúnt Clap

Will he learn from it though? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 73747576>
  Share Topic