You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group D England Uruguay Italy Costa Rica
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group D England Uruguay Italy Costa Rica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 76>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [37.68%]
16 [23.19%]
4 [5.80%]
2 [2.90%]
16 [23.19%]
5 [7.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Think Hodgson has picked a good squad and up and coming, while Uruguay I believe are on the way down.  Italy ALWAYS seem to get out of groups, so for me it's Italy v England, but I won't be ringing 606 crying if Engerland bomb out at the group stage.  England bombing out at whatever stage is always a laugh. 

Italy went out in the groups in the last World cup
Sponsored Links

Boban View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 9:57pm
Can see England struggling with Gerrard as the main defensive midfielder.Rodriguez,Lodeiro or Gaston Ramires could get alot of joy in that area for Uruguay and Cassano for Italy if he were to play.Don't see Uruguay being weak at the back at all.Godin has had a great season for Atletico.Maxi Pereira is solid and was impressive in Benfica's run to the Europa final.Caceres has been good for Juve when called upon this season.Lugano has seen better days but he was never that quick anyway.He's a very good organiser.Also,as has been said before, they get excellent protection from their defensive midfielders. 

The Uruguay team has a great mix of hard fookers and skilful players.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 8:55am

They way the fuxtures pan out could see Italy and Uruguay both with 4 points and England with 2 going into the final set of games. Could come down to goal difference or even goals scored if the Italy/Eng/Urug games are all draws.

I think Italy and Uruguay will qualify though...Italy on 6 points and Uruguay on 7.

England to finish on 4 points.

Italy to beat England
Uruguay to beat CR

Uruguay to draw with England
Italy to be CR in a struggle

Uruguay to beat Italy - Italy already through
England to beat CR

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Italy to beat England
Uruguay to beat CR

England to beat CR

agree with those except the one in bold, thats a draw i reckon
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:08am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Italy to beat England
Uruguay to beat CR

England to beat CR

agree with those except the one in bold, thats a draw i reckon

Could well be a draw. If Italy have already qualified they might rest a few players  and Uruguay would still need a result to be sure. Who the potential opponents are in the last 16 might dictate whether finishing 1st or 2nd in the group is preferable.
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:19am
Italy really impressed me in the euros. their performances against Spain, Germany and England were all top class. They were also good in the confed cup. The manager is top class I reckon. I think they will win this group. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:43am
Uruguayan media reporting Suarez needs surgery.

Could be the pivotal point in deciding who gets out this group. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:59am
Would be a disaster for the world of football if saurez is not fully fit
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:09am
Disaster,great news for Engerland though.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

Can see England struggling with Gerrard as the main defensive midfielder.Rodriguez,Lodeiro or Gaston Ramires could get alot of joy in that area for Uruguay and Cassano for Italy if he were to play.Don't see Uruguay being weak at the back at all.Godin has had a great season for Atletico.Maxi Pereira is solid and was impressive in Benfica's run to the Europa final.Caceres has been good for Juve when called upon this season.Lugano has seen better days but he was never that quick anyway.He's a very good organiser.Also,as has been said before, they get excellent protection from their defensive midfielders. 

The Uruguay team has a great mix of hard fookers and skilful players.

Good post.

Think a few people here are underestimating Uruguay to be honest. Yes the defence is not the most mobile unit, but as you say Lugano marshals them well and they do receive a lot of protection from their energiser bunny central midfield.

Also don't forget the WC is on their doorstep - the ties will be as close as home fixtures as they can get really. I think if England are to advance from this group it will be at the expense of Italy, not Uruguay.

Having said that Suarez potentially missing the first few games and then not being 100% even when he does come back is a serious blow after the season he's had. Devastating for him and for all the neutrals. Unhappy
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:48am
As a Liverpool fan I would say that Suarez hasn't been at 100% in the last couple of months. I don't know what other Liverpool fans think on here, its just my opinion. His goal rate dropped but it was everything in his play I felt in the last 10 games.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:42am
Any team will miss Suarez. Hope he makes it back.
thedream View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:47am
He looked really jaded the last month with Liverpools season.

People understimating England here they have an awful lot of speed in their squad and I think they could put any team in this group to the sword. The main thing is the games against Costa Rica. That is a must win if you want to get out of this group. Somebody will slip up against Costa Rica and with the other two games likely to be close, that is what will cost one team. In all likelihood it could well be Italy that miss out for me. I think Uruguay and England will be a lot more dynamic. But anything can happen.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

As a Liverpool fan I would say that Suarez hasn't been at 100% in the last couple of months. I don't know what other Liverpool fans think on here, its just my opinion. His goal rate dropped but it was everything in his play I felt in the last 10 games.
While he was perhaps not at his irrepressible best he was still our biggest attacking threat by a long way. The commentators regularly made mention that they thought he was not 100% against Crystal Palace but again he was still our best player by a distance. I would be very, very disappointed for him if he misses the tournament - and it would be a shame for football for the world's best player to miss out. It should be Luis's decision - he is owed that by the club.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

While he was perhaps not at his irrepressible best he was still our biggest attacking threat by a long way. The commentators regularly made mention that they thought he was not 100% against Crystal Palace but again he was still our best player by a distance. I would be very, very disappointed for him if he misses the tournament - and it would be a shame for football for the world's best player to miss out. It should be Luis's decision - he is owed that by the club.

If LFC as much as comment on this in anyway that puts their position first then its Adios to Luis..........
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:37pm
Liverpool won't say a word. They will be kept in the loop by Uruguayan officials as is the norm and that's all.
I hope people didn't misinterpret what I meant by saying it would suit Liverpool if he missed out.
I was really looking foward to Suarez starring in the World Cup and maybe he still can. Goodluck to him.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 3:58pm
England team hotel in Rio in the media spotlight as its been found serving out of date food.

Getting the excuses in nice and early I see. Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 5:14pm
Same with the Italians.
I don't think they're getting any excuses in early.
Sure they're not in charge of when the authorities go and check these places in Brazil!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 76>
  Share Topic