You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group C Colombia,Greece,JPN,Ivory Coast
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group C Colombia,Greece,JPN,Ivory Coast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [26.09%]
3 [13.04%]
14 [60.87%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

Ivory Coast were shockingly bad last night. Thought they played very well against Colombia and I expected them to beat Greece as Greece were very poor against Colombia and Japan.

Greece had a man sent off in the first half against Japan and defended brilliantly with 10 men for the rest of the game.Certainly wouldn't describe them as poor in that game.

They were poor but Japan was equally as poor even with a man advantage, didn't bring on Kagawa til 70th minute or so and Honda was anonymous - Story of their world cup.
poor me arse. Down to 10 men after 20 minutes they implemented the only tactic they knew would give them the best chance of qualifying.

A brilliant defensive display from Greece in the second game earned them a shot at qualifying which they duly took last night.

They deserved it for resolutely digging in and fighting tooth and nail for every ball.

It was more to do with wastefulness from the Japanese than great Greek defending. I accept that they did well to get a draw, I don't think they were impressive though. They were absolutly no threat going forward.
nothing to do with wastefulness by the Japanese. They decided to lump crosses in to an area which is meat and drink to the Greeks. Agreed they were no threat going forward but they were down to 10 men and fighting to remain in the competition. Besides this is a team who only scored one world cup goal before last night.

It reminded me of Inters wonderful defensive display against Barca a few years.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 1:41pm
Greece fully deserve to go through Clap
Samaras Clap
Boban View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 1:46pm

Ivory Coast were shockingly bad last night. Thought they played very well against Colombia and I expected them to beat Greece as Greece were very poor against Colombia and Japan.

Greece had a man sent off in the first half against Japan and defended brilliantly with 10 men for the rest of the game.Certainly wouldn't describe them as poor in that game.

They were poor but Japan was equally as poor even with a man advantage, didn't bring on Kagawa til 70th minute or so and Honda was anonymous - Story of their world cup.
poor me arse. Down to 10 men after 20 minutes they implemented the only tactic they knew would give them the best chance of qualifying.

A brilliant defensive display from Greece in the second game earned them a shot at qualifying which they duly took last night.

They deserved it for resolutely digging in and fighting tooth and nail for every ball.

It was more to do with wastefulness from the Japanese than great Greek defending. I accept that they did well to get a draw, I don't think they were impressive though. They were absolutly no threat going forward.
nothing to do with wastefulness by the Japanese. They decided to lump crosses in to an area which is meat and drink to the Greeks. Agreed they were no threat going forward but they were down to 10 men and fighting to remain in the competition. Besides this is a team who only scored one world cup goal before last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed their performance against Japan.Love the way they celebrate tackles and blocks.The lad Manolas has really impressed.Last night they were by far the better team and could have been comfortably ahead before Samaras' penalty.Just seems to have become fashionable to dislike them.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 1:48pm
japs goal the first game was utter class, colombia will knock brazil out in the quarter!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Samaras Clap

What a contrast to Suarez.

Greece win the game and Samaras goes to console Barry. Clap
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 1:53pm

Thoroughly enjoyed their performance against Japan.Love the way they celebrate tackles and blocks.The lad Manolas has really impressed.Last night they were by far the better team and could have been comfortably ahead before Samaras' penalty.Just seems to have become fashionable to dislike them.
I never said they didn't deserve it last night. I said I orignally expected Ivory Coast to win as they were more impressive in their first two games. I commented on how poor Ivory coast were.

Has it become fashionable to dislike Greece? I would think the opposite. They are a hipsters wet dream.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Boban View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 2:11pm

I never said they didn't deserve it last night. I said I orignally expected Ivory Coast to win as they were more impressive in their first two games. I commented on how poor Ivory coast were.

Has it become fashionable to dislike Greece? I would think the opposite. They are a hipsters wet dream.
Well there seems to be a lot of negativity towards them.Never much understood that "hipster" term myself.In terms of club football,it appears to be a label for anyone who has an interest in football outside of the EPL.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Samaras Clap

Absolutely, the contrast between the two couldn't be more marked
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 7:22pm

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Samaras Clap

Absolutely, the contrast between the two couldn't be more marked

Watched the Game in a local Bar in Corfu last night, brilliant atmosphere when the Penalty went inClap
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:48am
Poll results - 3 out of 23 correct. A pattern developing with these poll results..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic