You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group B Spain Holland Chile Australia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group B Spain Holland Chile Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
Poll Question: Who will qualify?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [48.84%]
15 [34.88%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.33%]
6 [13.95%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:09am
Was watching the video of it yesterday, some ridiculous tackles going in, they were milling each other, classic Dutch camp.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:15am
I think we could see a "Battle of Santiago" type match between Holland and Chile.

Was watching that on youtube recently - showed GG junior - and he nearly fell off the seat watching the punch ups, kicks and the memorable flying karate kick by the Italian at one stage, who had no intention of playing the ball, or even playing football at that stage.

Well worth spending 5 minutes of time reliving real football.....Censored Wink

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Trouble in the Dutch camp,Robben and Bruno Martins Indi getting stuck into each other.
No surprise. Some seriously oversized egos in the Netherlands.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Was watching the video of it yesterday, some ridiculous tackles going in, they were milling each other, classic Dutch camp.
Hardly camp, more macho no?
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:24am

Trouble in the Dutch camp,Robben and Bruno Martins Indi getting stuck into each other.

dutch lads going mad at each other during the world cup ShockedLOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Hardly camp, more macho no?

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 11:46am

No surprise, happens every two years.
Jaysus fair play to Michels keeping them calm in 88 although van Basten rang Cruijff who stopped him walking out when Marco wasnt picked for first match v USSR. Started v England and the rest is......

Superb management by Rinus.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:14am
3-0 Chile tonight and Spain to scrape a 1-0 against Holland.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:19am
Is an easy win for Chile expected tonight? Don't know much about either
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:36am
From watching Australia v Croatia the other night, the Aussies have no real attacking threat. Not sure how strong the defence is but a lot seems to be made of leaving Neill out. Imagine a double of Spain v Holland under 2.5 goals and Chile -1 (13/10 PP) would be a good bet.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:53am
If Viduka and Kewell hook up well then the Socceroos have a chance. Archie Thompson will be looking to add to his goals tally from the bench.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:55am
Chile to win by a couple and Holland to nick a win against Spain, with Diego Costa limping off in the first half.
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 9:31am
What do people reckon here?
Almost become fashionable to dismiss the Dutch and favour chile and i was along the same lines myself but i think it will be very tight, Chile's lack of a top striker could really harm them and the with Robben, Sneidjer and RVP on their day would be enough for holland.
Its really tough to call i think but think chile will knick 2nd place and be beaten by brazil.
Tonight 2-1 spain and 2-0 chile
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 9:37am
3-0 Chile and the Dutch to shock Spain 2-1.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 11:58am
I like the look of Van Gaal's new formation. Having Vlaar and one other as centre backs in the 4-3-3 looked very worrying but with 3 centre backs and De Jong sitting in front of them I can see Spain having a tough time breaking through. They will need to take the few chances they have on the counter attack, I think it'll be very close. And it certainly won't be Dutch Total Football.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 12:04pm
There was never any fear of them playing like 74 or 88! For a game that has been talked up in media and elsewhere I am not expecting anything much from this. In fact it is the game I am looking forward to least today! I would go for a Spanish one nil, a late goal after 70 or 80 minutes of De Jong and co kicking everything that moves. Expect to see Spain with near 70 per cent of the ball ,at a very slow pace.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 12:11pm

Spain to rack up 70% to no avail.
The Dutch hit them on counter.
The same happens versus Chile.
Spain get knocked out.
Great tournament.
The RIP GuardiolaBall thread gets a bump.
I reach Mourinho level's of smugness.
Football is saved.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 12:22pm
Spain won't have 70% possession against a Chilean team that still plays with Marcelo Bielsa-esque philosophy.

Although I do agree Chile will beat them.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
  Share Topic