Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Final 82

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 1:47pm
I've seen every final from 1990 onwards and I haven't really enjoyed any of them. I thought France's performance in 1998 was the best I've seen. I also don't think any of the World Cups since 1998 have been that entertaining overall.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 1:48pm
Looking for an authentic article on l'urlo di Tardelli (The Tardelli Scream)
corriere della sera on the 30th Anniversary. (Italian)

I heard previously the Tardelli Scream was supposed to represent a break from the past of violent politics and weak Governments.  It doesn't quite fit though.

Edited by UCDFAN - 07 Mar 2013 at 1:51pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by kopkid kopkid wrote:

Is it Scirea that is dead from that Italian team?

Yes.
Car crash while scouting in Poland I believe.
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I remember all Finals (fully I was 5 for 90)  from 94 onwards 2002 I would say prob sticks old in my mind, Two Goals From Ronaldo (wouldn't really call revenge more redemption).

One unlucky for Oliver Kahn who parried to the feet of Ronaldo, the second goal Was a good goal imo nice dummy by Rivaldo confused German defence to give Ronaldo enough time to slot in his second.

Was a poor World cup though in general Brazil prob deserved to Win it. but it could have been us had it not been for those pesky spaniards

I had Brazil 2-0 and Ronaldo to score first at 18-1Smile

I had Brazil to win the cup and ronaldo for top scorer as a 40/1 double. sweet!
Oh Poland we loved you.....
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by kopkid kopkid wrote:

Is it Scirea that is dead from that Italian team?

Yeah tragically killed in a car crash.  Magnificent defender he was.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I've seen every final from 1990 onwards and I haven't really enjoyed any of them. I thought France's performance in 1998 was the best I've seen. I also don't think any of the World Cups since 1998 have been that entertaining overall.

Germany in 2006 had many excellent matches in my opinion, I really enjoyed that tournament and Italy against the odds (how many times do we say that?) took the crown.  As said elsewhere, their semi with Germany was an absolutely pulsating game.

The 2010 Quarter Finals was memorable for me as I'd me Stag in Galway that weekend, was on the train down for Brazil v Holland, but seen the other 3 games in The Skeff with all the lads, fookin quality weekend, those QF will stay with me forever, even if alot of the weekend won't!
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
MARTY View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 4:31pm
1982 Final was probably best that I can recall since my short pants days watching football WC's since 1978.

1998 Final was an odd one as I think anyone would have beaten Brazil on the actual day in question...even Scotland if they had got out of the group!
Still broke?...blame it all on Gary Mackay...Nov' 87
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 4:34pm
Scotland were unlucky on the opening day against them so they probably would have fancied their chances in the final.

shame they can never get out of a group at these things, which now they wouldn't really mind seeing as they never qualify for anything anymore LOL
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Scotland were unlucky on the opening day against them so they probably would have fancied their chances in the final.

shame they can never get out of a group at these things, which now they wouldn't really mind seeing as they never qualify for anything anymore LOL
Some sh*t record they have in not getting out of groups considering the crackin players they have had.
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 4:52pm
On a slightly different note. FourFourTwo before the last world cup did came up with a list of criteria to determine which was the best World Cup and Mexico 86 came out on top.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I loved that '82 World Cup, so much drama, controversy and great football - the German-Austria "fix", Shumachers assault on Battison, the Kuwait players being summoned from the pitch by a Sheik, Norn Irn beating the hosts, El Diegos self defence against Brazil, Kevin Keegans shorts and his miss!, the emergence of Cameroon, ..............some great games USSR - Brazil, Italy-Brazil, Germany-France, Scotland-Brazil, Scotland-USSR and the final itself........
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

My folks were on honeymoon in BArcelona at the time - went to the Italy/Poland semi final in the Nou Camp. My mam spent 90 minutes reading a book at it apparently!
What age where you...? Wink
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I loved that '82 World Cup, so much drama, controversy and great football - the German-Austria "fix", Shumachers assault on Battison, the Kuwait players being summoned from the pitch by a Sheik, Norn Irn beating the hosts, El Diegos self defence against Brazil, Kevin Keegans shorts, the emergence of Cameroon, ..............some great games USSR - Brazil, Italy-Brazil, Germany-France, Scotland-Brazil, Scotland-USSR and the final itself........

Agreed, 1982 was a brilliant tournament. It's where we first came across Roger Milla.  The player, not that thieving, Mussolini, Rovers-hating "mod" from here.

who you calling a "mod" ? LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

I loved that '82 World Cup, so much drama, controversy and great football - the German-Austria "fix", Shumachers assault on Battison, the Kuwait players being summoned from the pitch by a Sheik, Norn Irn beating the hosts, El Diegos self defence against Brazil, Kevin Keegans shorts, the emergence of Cameroon, ..............some great games USSR - Brazil, Italy-Brazil, Germany-France, Scotland-Brazil, Scotland-USSR and the final itself........

Agreed, 1982 was a brilliant tournament. It's where we first came across Roger Milla.  The player, not that thieving, Mussolini, Rovers-hating "mod" from here.

who you calling a "mod" ? LOL

I seen pics of you in your mod jacket and lambretta and you singing The Who, don't fookin deny it now. "Substitute" was written for you FFS.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 11:37am

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Germany in 2006 had many excellent matches in my opinion, I really enjoyed that tournament and Italy against the odds (how many times do we say that?) took the crown.  As said elsewhere, their semi with Germany was an absolutely pulsating game.

The 2010 Quarter Finals was memorable for me as I'd me Stag in Galway that weekend, was on the train down for Brazil v Holland, but seen the other 3 games in The Skeff with all the lads, fookin quality weekend, those QF will stay with me forever, even if alot of the weekend won't!
Yeah, Germany '06 was a good World Cup. The Germans and Argentinians played some great stuff. France were excellent also. Spain looked really good in the first round until Ribery and Zidane saw them off in the second round. Some classic matches in that World Cup alright.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 11:49am

Came across this gif, which illustrates why my first WC Final will likely never be bettered.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Came across this gif, which illustrates why my first WC Final will likely never be bettered.</span>

Clodoaldo !!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Came across this gif, which illustrates why my first WC Final will likely never be bettered.
That is brilliant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic