You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup bids 2018 and 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:21pm
so whos going to get the Nigeran vote?LOL

like to see Netherland/Belgium  and Austraila  get the world cups as they have never hosted them before ( i know other country havent it before either ) 
Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 4:01pm
South America's general secretary Eduardo Deluca says Conmebol's vote will be going to the Spain-Portugal bid. The vote takes place next week on 2 December.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 4:40pm

Not surprising given that the Conembol's countries speak either Spanish or Portugeuse.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 4:42pm
Is this announced tomorrow?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Is this announced tomorrow?

Confused 

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

South America's general secretary Eduardo Deluca says Conmebol's vote will be going to the Spain-Portugal bid. The vote takes place next week on 2 December.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 6:28pm
Hate to see england get it. I like it when a world cup is in a long haul location like America or Japan.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 6:55am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 6:58am
Really hope spain and portugal get this

Would be able to go for 2 weeks or so take in loads of games
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 7:10am
I like the idea of Qatar giving the stadiums to poorer countries
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 7:58am
It will be an absolute farce if a country the size of Qatar get the WC.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Really hope spain and portugal get this

Would be able to go for 2 weeks or so take in loads of games

wonder are they worth a sneaky bet with wider implications than sport, 

Certainly wouldnt do their economys any harm Spain and Portugal being in the euro and in trouble along with Ireland/Greece. Ireland and Greece 'sorted' Wink Spain Portugal thrown a liefline of a world cup
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 3:58pm
why are spain/portugal joining up for it? spain is big enough and has many stadiums to host it itself,no?
i really hope australia gets 1..well i plan to go there next year-will i really be there in 12 years still?! maybe :)
Brasil world cup will be best in years,cant wait-pray we qualify for it!i dont know why-but you heard it here 1st..i really have the feeling we will play them in the opening game 2014..i dont get these feelings unless im really rite
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 5:55pm
Brazil would be unreal for the partying and weather but like South Africa its a very poor country and safety will be issue....Spain and Portugal , England or Holland and Belgium hope Europe gets one of them , like its grand if Ireland qualify people will shell about thousands to go even if its in OZ or Qatar but sure would fans in this current ecomonic climate which shows no sign of improving not rather a 3 or 4 hour flight max , same currency , or in Englands case Language and obviously save a bomb in the process!!!

With all our GAA stadiums , The Aviva and Thomond in the South plus a new windsor park and a few GAA stadiums up North i think a joint Euro bid with the nordies shouldnt be behond us in the future...Obviously we"d need to redevelop the GAA stadiums but sure we"re a sport mad nation id have no doubt every ground would be full no matter what teams were playing!!!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:44am
Panorama tonight should put an end to Englands bid
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:47am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Panorama tonight should put an end to Englands bid

Strange decsion to air such a programme now. It's almost as if someone is going out of their way in the BBC to make sure England dont get it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:56am
Spain-Portugal 2018

Australia or USA 2022

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 7:40am
Oceania have come out tonight saying they'll be backing the Ozzies Thumbs%20Up
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

why are spain/portugal joining up for it? spain is big enough and has many stadiums to host it itself,no?
i really hope australia gets 1..well i plan to go there next year-will i really be there in 12 years still?! maybe :)
Brasil world cup will be best in years,cant wait-pray we qualify for it!i dont know why-but you heard it here 1st..i really have the feeling we will play them in the opening game 2014..i dont get these feelings unless im really rite

I imagine it's because Spain hosted it in 1982 so they thought best to add portugal who have never hosted as well. I don't think Korea or Japan will get to host 2022 for the reason alone that they hosted it only 20 years previously.

England would be good for travel but Spain/Portugal is nearly the same. Be probably one less qualifying place for Europe if Spain/Portual or Holland/Belgium win
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic