Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 6:41pm
Van Persie @33s might be worth an each way.
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 6:47pm
has tevez any chance minty
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:13pm
don't think anybody knows what Argentina will show, Maradona used something like 70 players since he took over.
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:22pm
Aguero mite be a good outsider if the argies perform
"Insert Funny Comment"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 5:22am
Who will they play up front ?

Hard to drop Higuain, Aguero or Tevez . Heard Higuain was a bit out of favour wit Diego but on his current form he would have to start. . Can't see him playing the 3 of them . . .

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 8:37am
A bookmaker is to give punters a hand by ignoring Thierry Henry's contributions on the pitch in the 2010 World Cup, it has emerged.

After the controversial 'Hand of Henry' denied Ireland the chance to go to the World Cup finals, one betting firm, whose European managing director is Irish, has decided to take revenge.

Bodog.com has decided to remove Thierry Henry's involvement from all World Cup bets after its Europe MD, Keith McDonnell, felt he could not enjoy the tournament with the Frenchman still playing a part.

For any French game in which Henry plays, punters can now place a bet safe in the knowledge that his goals will not count against them.

For example, if a customer backs a draw in a France game and Henry scores, making them 1-0 winners, he will still get paid.

This also applies to a first goalscorer and each-way markets too. So, if a punter backs a player to be the highest scorer throughout the tournament and the customer's selection comes fourth, one below Henry, he would be paid as if he came third.

However, if a person places a bet for France to win, all of Henry's goals will still be counted.

"I want to enjoy the World Cup and the only way I can do that is if Thierry Henry is no longer part of it," said McDonnell.

"He has already ruined my World Cup and I want to make sure he can do no more damage."
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by sausageroll sausageroll wrote:

A bookmaker is to give punters a hand by ignoring Thierry Henry's contributions on the pitch in the 2010 World Cup, it has emerged.

After the controversial 'Hand of Henry' denied Ireland the chance to go to the World Cup finals, one betting firm, whose European managing director is Irish, has decided to take revenge.

Bodog.com has decided to remove Thierry Henry's involvement from all World Cup bets after its Europe MD, Keith McDonnell, felt he could not enjoy the tournament with the Frenchman still playing a part.

For any French game in which Henry plays, punters can now place a bet safe in the knowledge that his goals will not count against them.

For example, if a customer backs a draw in a France game and Henry scores, making them 1-0 winners, he will still get paid.

This also applies to a first goalscorer and each-way markets too. So, if a punter backs a player to be the highest scorer throughout the tournament and the customer's selection comes fourth, one below Henry, he would be paid as if he came third.

However, if a person places a bet for France to win, all of Henry's goals will still be counted.

"I want to enjoy the World Cup and the only way I can do that is if Thierry Henry is no longer part of it," said McDonnell.

"He has already ruined my World Cup and I want to make sure he can do no more damage."

what a brilliant piece of marketing !LOL

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by sausageroll sausageroll wrote:

LOLClap
Pure class!
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 3:32am
Has anyone seen any doubles around?? I.e... Torres to finish top scorer and Spain to win the WC.
I usually do 1 or 2 of these, but can't see any yet.
darragh1888 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 7:01am
probably get them bets closer to the start, usually do a few meself!

ders cud be some good multiple bets on da group betting!
"26 + 6 = 1, No Surrender"
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 5:43am
go to oddschecker

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 29 Mar 2010 at 11:50am
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 4:05pm
Argentina @ 9/1 looks tasty just purely based on messi's form
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
I_like_stuff5 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_like_stuff5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 1:59am
tevez was 50/1 down to 40/1 now
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:30am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Argentina @ 9/1 looks tasty just purely based on messi's form

I think if they got rid of Maradonna, they might have a chance
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Offalyirish83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offalyirish83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:03am
anyone gonna have a bet on name the finalists
Having a 5€ on England - Argentina final 20/1
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:38am

always had a soft spot for the dutch, hopefully they can do well, love the brand of football they play but no doubt they'll self-destruct as per usual

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Offalyirish83 Offalyirish83 wrote:

anyone gonna have a bet on name the finalists
Having a 5€ on England - Argentina final 20/1

Might have a fiver on it if it was 200/1Sleepy
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 2:03pm
NASTY FEELING ENGLAND WILL WIN ITCry
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
  Share Topic