You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Betting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Germany will trounce Uruguay

They can 4-1 for all I care, as long as Suarez gets another goal.
Sponsored Links

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:45am
Expanding on Neil's point, the 3rd place game IS much more likely to yield more goals than the final.
With doubts over the fitness of both Klose and Forlan, I'll be putting a few shekels on Mueller at 12/1 to win it outright.
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 9:52am
I done a bet at the start of the tournament, Netherlands to win it and Villa top scorer as a double 80/1 with PP. 

What way will it work out if the Dutchys win it and Villa is joint top scorer?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by shoggy shoggy wrote:

I done a bet at the start of the tournament, Netherlands to win it and Villa top scorer as a double 80/1 with PP. 

Confused

Eh........you'll win.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 09 Jul 2010 at 10:22am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Confused

Eh........you'll win.

Will they not half the odds or something? They've got something on their website about dead heat rules applying.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:04am

Will they not half the odds or something? They've got something on their website about dead heat rules applying.

It depends on how many players share top spot and the respective odds that they were. A deduction in the odds would then occur. Similarly, my E/W bets on Forlan and hopefully Suarez, would be subject to similar deductions.

If Netherlands win and Villa bags another and nobody else reaches 6, you'll get paid full odds.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:25pm
I've won all my over 2.5 goals markets of the World Cup all 5 of them, usually putting a 50 on it. 4/5 is the Uruguay V Germany game, and I shall be doing the same again.

Betfair: Sniejdeir to score first Spain to win 2-1 has jumped out at me 110/1, think its worth 3
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:48pm
that bet of 66/1 on forlan each way is still looking pretty good.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:26pm

I've won all my over 2.5 goals markets of the World Cup all 5 of them, usually putting a 50 on it. 4/5 is the Uruguay V Germany game, and I shall be doing the same again.

Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

that bet of 66/1 on forlan each way is still looking pretty good.
Me too, although I only got 50's. With Mueller now in the mix for me too, here's hoping that neither Sneijder nor Villa add to their tallies tomorrow.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:06am
According to Sono they go on assists for the top scorer.  Maybe thats only in Oz, not sure.  We need Sasa to answer this. 

Does anyone know what payout you get if you have an each way bet on Forlan at 66/1 and they all finish on five goals tonight. 
AKA pedantic kunt
evilandaheathen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilandaheathen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 5:56pm

According to Sono they go on assists for the top scorer.  Maybe thats only in Oz, not sure.  We need Sasa to answer this. 

Does anyone know what payout you get if you have an each way bet on Forlan at 66/1 and they all finish on five goals tonight. 

Well I got 171.25 after puttin 5 e/w. Dont quite kno what way they worked it though!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by evilandaheathen evilandaheathen wrote:

Well I got 171.25 after puttin 5 e/w. Dont quite kno what way they worked it though!

Jaysus thats not a bad payout, must chance my arm later with my docket and see what happens
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Never got to bet the bet on Stoked, couldn't get near a computer at my parents 40th anniversary, texted a few friends but they couldn't put it on. Sick, absolute banker. Still mamabnged to compensate for missing the bet by wasting 50 on the Spanish game
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 8:14pm
Bob do ya reckon I will get anything for my 5er on Forlan top scorer, didnt back ew though Cry
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:39pm

this is true in terms of the actual golden shoe, muller won it, betting wise it is not the case, odds split
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:34pm
Just in to Paddy Power. 

Quarter of the stake for the win, as it was a dead heat and there was four winners so the stake is put into a quarter.  so thats 5 euro devided by 4 and multiplied by 66.  

Then for the place  its the usual which is 66 divided by 4and multiplied by the stake of 5. 

So it works out roughly at 71 Euro for the dead heat win and  rougly 82 euro for the place. 

153 Euro in total. 

So the lesson to be learned is not only should one not listen to Sono before you bet, but don't listen to him after you bet :) 

Edited by NeilMcD - 12 Jul 2010 at 1:35pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 2:33pm
My bet on Mueller only paid a miserable 2.25/1
Feck deductions - my bet should have been 12/1 as he won the golden boot!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:57am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Bob do ya reckon I will get anything for my 5er on Forlan top scorer, didnt back ew though Cry

If he was joint top goal scorer, it's a winning docket. Think Neil Mc'd explains the the dead heat rules
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
  Share Topic