Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup ball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Germany are the first team i've seen handle the ball really easily!!

Saw a french fella doing something similar a while back........
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 5:05pm
I thought these balls would have people shooting from all over the pitch, put a lot of small bets on striking midfielders getting goals in the top goal scorer market.

There hasn't been a proper goal from outside the box yetAngry
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 3:22am
Another fookin MUPPET from England blaming the ball on Green's Phoenix Park moment.  Tony Coton said it today on SSN.   They are just incapable (the English) of blaming the right people when it goes tits up, at least Green had the decency to own up.  Anyone blaming the ball on Green's howler needs shooting.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Germany are the first team i've seen handle the ball really easily!!

Saw a french fella doing something similar a while back........

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 6:52am
PLayers in the holland and denmark game are having trouble with the ball
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 7:20am
Poor game so far, very disappointing.

There def was compliants about the balls in the last 2 WC's. Seems to be par for the course for the first few days of a tournament.
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 7:24am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

PLayers in the holland and denmark game are having trouble with the ball
They both are taking shots from 50 yard free kicks
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 7:30am
Bring back the Trvisco of 1990

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Comicbookguy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comicbookguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 4:39pm
Worst World Cup Ball EVER
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Comicbookguy Comicbookguy wrote:

Worst World Cup Ball EVER

JokerWink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 5:28pm
didnt ze germans use this ball in the bundesliga for the past 6 months?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I thought these balls would have people shooting from all over the pitch, put a lot of small bets on striking midfielders getting goals in the top goal scorer market.

There hasn't been a proper goal from outside the box yetAngry

Agreed.

Nobody seems to be able to control the ball from outside the box. Most of the free-kicks on goal i've seen were all ballooned into Row Z. I was expecting crackers to be flying in from everywhere but the opposite seems to the case as players shooting from distance simply can't control it.

Will be interesting to see how Ronaldo gets on with it. He has a very unique way of smacking the ball from outside the box. 
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 5:39pm
Wouldn't surprise me Gaz..it's still early doors, but can anyone rememebr any decent shots on target from outside the box or a free kick that was on target? Fra v Uruguay a sneaky free kick was saved.

If I was a player and the baloon was annoying me I'd call a press conference and get a big native kife and stan the fook out of it..and then get out my Zulu spear and take out the Sepp Blatter life size card board cut out, with one deadly shot while cross eyed
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Yes they used it in the bundesliga all last season- what a joke
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Yes they used it in the bundesliga all last season- what a joke

It was offered to other Leagues as well (including the Premier League, who turned down the offer because of their Nike deal) and England turned down the opportunity to use it in Friendlies

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 7:25am
My suggestion to play with the ball throughout qualifying is a great one Clap
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 7:47am
Think it's a combination of the ball and the altitude. but so far been very dispointing. best players in the world failing to control it many times with their first touch and haven't seen many decent efforts from outside the box, let alone goals.
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 7:53am
[QUOTE=sham157]Terry added: "It's one of those things. Mistakes happen and we're in this together. We need to get behind Rob - he's got good friends here."

Bet Green rang his missus straight after Terry said this!

/QUOTE]

I think most of the English players should stand behind him during the next gameWinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic