Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2022 Qualification - Other Groups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:04pm
They have a lot of decent players now. Pretty good technical ones. Che Adams will be a decent addition for them. Im a little envious of them now.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Fully expected the north to win that one. 

They've gone backwards in recent years, main players getting that bit older and little coming through. Was always going to be hard to replicate the O'Neill years

Looking at the highlights here there should have won
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Im The Gaffer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im The Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:19pm
Poor oul' Timo Werner is a man after me own heart.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:27pm
Wasnt impressed with England at all tonight

They created little going forward, a penalty and a corner they scored from

I assume Henderson will replace Kalvin Phillips if he’s fit for the euros, Shaw probably replaces Chilwell
Can’t see anyone else coming in, and can’t see them winning it 
Im The Gaffer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im The Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:33pm

Fully expected the north to win that one. 

They've gone backwards in recent years, main players getting that bit older and little coming through. Was always going to be hard to replicate the O'Neill years
Bad things always happen the North when the O'Neills leave.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:38pm

I assume Henderson will replace Kalvin Phillips if he’s fit for the euros, Shaw probably replaces Chilwell

Wouldn't be hugely shocked if they didn't get out of the Group. Themselves, Scots, Croatia and Czech Rep. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:41pm

What annoys me about England is in paper their team wudnt scare you. A midfield of Mount Rice and Philips hardly scream were going to hammer tou. Yet they always seem to win these games by what looks like hardly doing much. But they have a belief that were England and were better than you. I wish we had that mentality sometimes. 
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What annoys me about England is in paper their team wudnt scare you. A midfield of Mount Rice and Philips hardly scream were going to hammer tou. Yet they always seem to win these games by what looks like hardly doing much. But they have a belief that were England and were better than you. I wish we had that mentality sometimes. 

It’s alright having that mentality during the qualifiers, when it comes to the big competitions they generally f**k it up.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:50pm

Qualification more often than not is a formality for them and both our respective expectations are completely different so no point getting annoyed about them. 

They have that mentality because of their record in qualification for major tournaments. They generally get easy qualification groups because they're a number one seed so I suppose they earn their luck. 

Wales are more comparable with us and they have a  knack of getting late goals in both the Coleman & Giggs era. They have a strong mentality unlike us who seem to fade away as the game goes on. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:10pm
The Armenian camera man seems to just focus on women in the crowd celebrating when they scored 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:30pm
Dundalk player scored against Austria the other night.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:46pm

The Armenian camera man seems to just focus on women in the crowd celebrating when they scored 
Remember that on RTE before during the Sunday game? It went on for a full season. They got called out on it before when they done it 20 times in a row.

Edited by Jackal - 31 Mar 2021 at 11:47pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:33am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It’s alright having that mentality during the qualifiers, when it comes to the big competitions they generally f**k it up.

If they win their group they would play the RU in group F - France / Germany / Portugal 

So they are actually better off not winning it. 
Southgate has been in this position before. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 7:36am
If they finish runner up in the group who do they play
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 8:22am

If they finish runner up in the group who do they play

RU in group E, assuming Spain win then it’s Sweden or Poland.

They have a very good team with a lot of attacking options.
Their defence is not good enough to win it but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get to the 1/2 finals and we have another summer of it’s coming home.

In the group stage they can rotate for each game as they only need to qualify, being top is not an advantage. So they can be fresh for the knock out stage. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 9:26am
Thats bizarre, why would a runner up face another runner up?

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 9:35am

6 groups, 6 winners, 16 qualifiers - 4 winners play 4 3rd place qualifiers leaving 2 group winners v 2 runner ups and 4 remaining runner ups to play each other.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

6 groups, 6 winners, 16 qualifiers - 4 winners play 4 3rd place qualifiers leaving 2 group winners v 2 runner ups and 4 remaining runner ups to play each other.

Or in simply terms UEFA changed the format to 24 teams and totally fecked up the format
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic