Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group G BEL/PAN/TUN/ENG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Lass turn the fookin channel over if you don't want to be watching the British coverage. Problem solved. 

Can't stand Ronnie "state the bloody obvious" Whelan

Well then go outside and get some sun you moany git LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Have to love the difference between BBC and Rte coverage.

BBC : Harry Kane wankfest 

Rte: actually previewing the game

Shock horror the national team of the national broadcaster getting added coverage and speaking about their captain  Confused

Some of the sh*t you write about England is embarrassing.

Do we go on about how great our team is on every broadcast? (I know we're sh*te but you know what I mean) I don't actually know because I've never watched Rte coverage for our tournaments as I am actually there.

My main point is BBC paper over the cracks only showing the good parts. I know they deserved to win the other night but they got lucky. BBC went on like they were Brazil while Rte actually showed how bad they were and how if Tunisia were a better side they would most likely have punished England

“They deserved to win the other night, but got lucky” 

The same Tunisia side who had one shot on target all game? 

England were robbed blind and missed 3/4 sitters on top of that.

You’ve talked complete bullsh*t, sorry but it’s the truth.

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Jun 2018 at 1:49pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:46pm
Fair enough Panama are a weak team but this is an utterly shameful performance. 

They're an embarrassment of a national team. 
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:48pm
The Hungary 10 - El Salvador 1 record win from 1982 could be under threat here.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:49pm
Full credit to England who have put in a professional performance and are getting the job done in style. 

To be 5-0 up in any game in the World Cup is great going.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:49pm
These clowns might just be the worst team to ever appear in the world cup finals and that includes those lads in the 70's who didn't seem to understand the rules.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
England would want to take off some their best players as I wouldn't be surprised if one of them got nailed by a Panamanian player. They seem the type to be that cynical and I wouldn't rule out a dirty challenge in the second half. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Are they not allowed to be postive or even at least believe that England could have a good tournament?

Of course they are. But perspective is important. This Panama team is probably the worst team at the tournament.
They're really only there because the USA f***ed up their last qualifier and the goal that got Panama there didn't even cross the line.  Presuming (for now) USA had qualified and were in the same seeding pot, they would surely have given a half-decent game.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:52pm
The all round behaviour of Panama has been an utter disgrace. The cynical pulling, the gamesmanship, the talking. Hopefully a few red cards will be doled out in the second half.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Panama are just a bunch of sh*thouses who are too sh*t to play football so they purposely hurt the opposition instead.

This

The CONCACAF quality must be really poor.

England could really go for a big win but I suspect they will take the foot off the gas now.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:56pm
Easy to see why baseball is Panama's national sport because they'll be running home after this
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:59pm
I don't know if it was mentioned on other stations. At the HT whistle, Panama outfield players meeting in centre circle and joined by subs. Panama coach Hernan Gomez stood near his dug-out and waited for the team to come in after about 90 secs.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

These clowns might just be the worst team to ever appear in the world cup finals and that includes those lads in the 70's who didn't seem to understand the rules.
If you’re referring to Zaire in 1974, you should read up on why they did what they did. Obviously they knew the rules. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Are they not allowed to be postive or even at least believe that England could have a good tournament?

Of course they are. But perspective is important. This Panama team is probably the worst team at the tournament.
They're really only there because the USA f***ed up their last qualifier and the goal that got Panama there didn't even cross the line.  Presuming (for now) USA had qualified and were in the same seeding pot, they would surely have given a half-decent game.

I was very impressed by that young USA team that played us last month. I think the USA not qualifying has been a catalyst for them bringing in more young players the last year. Can't see them messing up qualification again and they would certainly have given England more of a game than this shower of sh*te. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Such naive defending from them. Apart from giving away stupid frees and penalties, their marking and positioning are non-existent.  I also had to laugh at their left-back who looked around forlornly at the linesman for an offside flag for the 4th goal - completely neglecting the small fact that he was standing ball-watching and playing everyone onside himself. LOL

I can see England helping themselves to another 2 or 3 goals in the 2nd half. Panama are so out of their depth at this world cup and providing the sort of defending you wouldn't accept from an under12's team at the local park. Embarrassed

Edited by ConorMac77 - 24 Jun 2018 at 2:04pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:09pm
Extra goals for England would go a long way, given the goal difference issue. One more goal drags level with Belgium on goals scored, and an extra one puts them ahead. A 0-0 against Belgium will have them top a group, which will have them play somebody in the erratic Group H.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:40pm
Panama delighted with that goal.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:46pm
I actually think England deserve credit for this result. Given what they needed to do from a goal difference perspective, they could hardly have done more. Kane has also put himself very much in the frame for the golden boot. If you dont win a game like that well, you come under fire. If you win a game like that well it can be discounted. England should be proud of this, notwithstanding the opposition, who I actually think have slightly redeemed themselves in the second half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
  Share Topic